• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ours Vs. Other Brands: Springform Pan

The nonstick surface is great for making a smooth cake or for easy removal. I do not like the glass bottom. I think it would be difficult to clean and the cheesecake would be more likely to stick to it.
babywings76
Gold Member
So, what are your thoughts? I don't use it often, but I have a dark, nonstick springform pan. The bottom is also dark and non-stick, and it's made with tons of dimples all over it. How do you like the PC one? Is the glass bottom nice? Is it smooth? How is the glass bottom a benefit as opposed to a regular one?

I LOVE the glass bottom - it's completely non-stick, and you can use it to cut and serve on without worrying about damaging the nonstick surface!

I don't have the PC one, but the ones I do have are all scratched up because DH took them to work with cheesecake on them, and did not take a utensil that was non-stick safe.

Be careful when making cheesecakes that require initial high temperature baking times. My recipe calls for 400 degrees for the first 15 minutes. Because the PC springform pan has a teflon coating, it started to smoke and have a terrible burning smell. I had to adjust the recipe to bake at a lower temp. for a longer period of time. Also be careful when removing the cheesecake out of the oven. The glass bottom is so non-stick that the cheesecake almost slid off the bottom of the pan! It is very nonstick!

I went ahead and ordered one w/ my Kit Enhancement. It should arrive by Monday. :) Thanks for the reminder about adjusting the oven temp. The first couple times I used the mini muffin pan, I didn't adjust the temp and then wondered why my muffins overcooked. :rolleyes: ;) When it dawned on me the reason, I felt kind of silly. But now I know, and make sure to tell people that when they use our non-stick bakeware, they really need to lower the temp by 25 degrees. Usually cake and brownie mixes will remind you of that, but if you're following a regular recipe from a book or magazine, they don't always. :)

Our Spring Form Pan is one of the few on the market that has handles. What a great selling feature. I also use it for ice cream cakes in addition to the standard cheescake.

What is the material of the springform pan?

The Pampered Chef springform pan is made of heavy-duty aluminized steel, which provides even heat distribution and durability.

Can the springform pan be used in the oven?

Yes, the Pampered Chef springform pan is oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F.

Is the springform pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Pampered Chef springform pan is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze.

What is the size of the springform pan?

The Pampered Chef springform pan has a diameter of 9 inches, which is a standard size for most recipes.

Does the springform pan have a non-stick coating?

Yes, the Pampered Chef springform pan has a non-stick coating, making it easy to release your baked goods without any sticking or breaking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies