• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Agenda for the Spring Launch Meeting?

In summary, the agenda for the Spring Launch meeting was to provide information about the new products, and to give attendees a chance to see the products in person.
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
For those of you lucky enough to attend a Spring Launch meeting today, can you tell us the agenda, please? Basically, how soon do we get to find out about and see the new products?! :D The anticpation is driving me crazy as it is. I don't want to have to wait hours after getting there to find out what's new and restyled. Thanks!

Tammy

I am not able to go to spring launch. So anyone who went today can you email me? [email protected]?

I'm pretty sure new products are sometime before lunch from what I have gathered from friends who went today. That means they won't keep us waiting too long! :)

I will not spill the beans but I will say it is worth the wait! Today was fabulous IN Minneapolis!

etteluap70PC said:
I will not spill the beans but I will say it is worth the wait! Today was fabulous IN Minneapolis!

I wasn't asking for details, as I know they aren't supposed to be posted, just the agenda. Surely that's not top secret, too.;)

I will not post details either (hence my siggy) but I WILL say they were early. So early, in fact, that some people stuck in traffic missed part of it! It started about 30 to 40 minutes in and we had a choice of looking at the products in person, or going to lunch. (Those of us who checked out the products first had to wait around for more lunches.) Not sure if everything is the same everywhere, however, since other places accomodate far more people than Columbus and so they might have other things planned and might change up the order. Most of our lunch was spent checking out the info while we ate.

Other NON-spoilers that future attendees need t know... we saw empty seats everywhere we looked even though Columbus supposedly sold out! Hello? Did they have that many no-shows or cancelations, were they saving seats for new recruits, or what? I personally think they WAY under-estimated the demand. I'd have been really angry if I got shut out ... so if you're shut out of your local meeting I'd call and see if anything opened up!

Also ... they needed to provide registrants with better information about parking and what entrance to take .. we called the venue, found out we needed to park at the North entrance, only to find that lot full! So we parked quite a distance away and had to walk to the other end. So make SURE you have the number for your venue too!

RaggedyAunt said:
I wasn't asking for details, as I know they aren't supposed to be posted, just the agenda. Surely that's not top secret, too.;)
I know you weren't looking for details... you wont have to wait too long... I had all of your anxiety today, especially with driving in bad weather. A 1 1/2 hr trip took 2hrs and 45mins. We were 15 minutes late and I was all worried we would miss something. All was well in the end. Relax and have fun! I was NC wave 3 a couple times so I do understand. Just don't let it make you crazy.edit... we were supposedly NOT sold out and it was hard to find a seat being late. We ended up in the front row!

Do we basically stay in the same place the whole day or are we moving from room to room like at NC?

You'll stay in the same room the whole day. At least that's how it was in Columbus! I was excited at how early they did the reveal. Today was my first big meeting of any kind and I loved it!

mountainmama74 said:
You'll stay in the same room the whole day. At least that's how it was in Columbus! I was excited at how early they did the reveal. Today was my first big meeting of any kind and I loved it!

Thanks for the info, and so glad you enjoyed it!

For those of you who went today, any other tips we need to know, since this is the first time for these kinds of meetings? Do we need to bring anything specific with us? Thanks!

A pen. LOL!! That's the only thing they didn't provide! The trainings were wonderful and I took a LOT of notes...

our hotel provided pens and a few sheets of paper....

but yes a pen is a must!

i don't want anyone to tell me the new products!! I just haven't been on in about a month!! so instead of looking and looking in here... when will it start to be announced in here? i'll come back then, whats the last day/date for spring launch meetings?
thanks!

Saturday is the last meeting...

Paulette - were you in the front on the left or the right? I was in the front row too (did registration so had reserved seating) - I was about 5 people down from Shan E. One of my consultants was the speaker (Holly) - she talked about her success as a new consultant with little babys at home....did a great job, I was so proud!

Any word on DRESS CODE??
My team members are asking me and I, as always, am saying business casual. What were people wearing? I have one team member wanting to wear jeans. Was there anyone there in jeans?

I am going on Sat. I think business casual is the way to go. There will always be people wearing jeans (even when told not to) but personally don't think it is appropriate for this forum. Can't wait to go!!

doughmama said:
I am going on Sat. I think business casual is the way to go. There will always be people wearing jeans (even when told not to) but personally don't think it is appropriate for this forum. Can't wait to go!!

I totally agree! I will be wearing something nice but comfortable! NO JEANS!

I'm wearing jeans. They are very nice jeans (and new!) and I'm wearing them with a shell and a very nice sweater jacket, and nice shoes.

There has been nothing from PC on a dress code - so no one has told us that we can't. I have a commuter train ride into Chicago, and immediately following the Launch, a commuter train ride back out of the city. The Commuter trains are bare bones, and I want to make sure I am comfortable, and WARM....so jeans it is!

I went to St. Louis (Collinsville, IL) yesterday and here are a few things:

There was a mix of everything... Some jeans, some fancier business casual... pretty much like conference.

New products... they don't make you wait long! And you will LOVE them! :)

We got there super early & sat in the front row (behind reserved seats). It was absolutely the best thing we could have done. We got to pick the brains of the speakers (Michael Reeves!) and it was so great.

All you need is a pen unless you take ALOT of notes. Then you might want a few sheets of paper. Oh, and business cards! :)

Have a great time everyone! It was such a boost to my business & attitude to be there yesterday. 4 of my team went & they've all joined since Aug. 31st. They were absolutely amazed.

Quick question, you went to a Spring Launch? There are not any close to my city in Montana...I've got a party on Saturday and everyone wants to know what items will be discontinued, so they can order their favorites. Do you have that list from Spring Launch??

There wasn't a discontinued list or price change list given.

alyssacooks said:
Quick question, you went to a Spring Launch? There are not any close to my city in Montana...I've got a party on Saturday and everyone wants to know what items will be discontinued, so they can order their favorites. Do you have that list from Spring Launch??

We can post information after noon on Saturday, once the last of the Launches are underway. Depending on what time your show is, you may be able to get it before your show. Joy will also be posting her Going, Going, Gone flyer at that time, I'm sure.

I think most people were not wearing jeans. I didn't really pay attention to what people were wearing, but the tops seemed nice (sweaters, jackets). I did not see any photography like you do at Conference so I don't think it matters as much if you wear jeans or not. The person who rode with me wore jeans and I think it was a sweatshirt. I was a little appalled at how casual she looked. Business casual but COMFORTABLE is appropriate.

We were in one room the whole time. Very well executed. There was coffee and tea available in the morning, and you could bring it into the meeting room. Baltimore was no where near sold out but there were not many empty seats at the back of the room. Maybe Columbus had a lot of no shows. Based on how they handled a specific "activity" I would say they will not allow on-site, last minute attendees even if there are no-shows.

Bring your own notepad. Arrive on time. I got there about 5 minutes before it started and was fine. The rest of the team had saved seats. I think they got there around 8:30 and we were close to the front - all 12 of us.

crystalscookingnow said:
There wasn't a discontinued list or price change list given.

Didn't you get a Spring Special Edition CN? That's where the price changes/discontinued items are usually listed...

ChefBeckyD said:
Didn't you get a Spring Special Edition CN? That's where the price changes/discontinued items are usually listed...

Nope, no Special CN when we left. I'm guessing it will be posted online & in the changeover kit.

crystalscookingnow said:
Nope, no Special CN when we left. I'm guessing it will be posted online & in the changeover kit.

BUMMER!

The one thing I'm not liking about this is that everything is happening so close to the Spring Selling season - not much time to prepare.

I got my follow-up survey from HO and have already filled it out. Keep track of these thoughts you have about how they timed this and the logistics, etc. You will have the opportunity to let them know what you thought.

ChefBeckyD said:
BUMMER!

The one thing I'm not liking about this is that everything is happening so close to the Spring Selling season - not much time to prepare.

That's definitely true - BUT you will LOVE :love: the catalog. It's very well done.

Girls & Guys - I am so re-pumped about my business. I know not everyone will come back with that same attitude but it was absolutely just what I needed.

lakamper said:
Paulette - were you in the front on the left or the right? I was in the front row too (did registration so had reserved seating) - I was about 5 people down from Shan E. One of my consultants was the speaker (Holly) - she talked about her success as a new consultant with little babys at home....did a great job, I was so proud!
I was on the left... Holly was awesome... On of her cons. turnas out is an old friend of one of my cons. They saw each other at the meeting for the first time in years... small world hugh!There were a few in jeans, most looked OK but a few were really dumpy if you as me, Old jeans and sweatshirts! But the important thing was they attended and you never know what their situation is. Hopefully this meeting is just what they need to make a change for themselves and their family.

Last edited:
Bummer no CN! Do we at least get a new catalog to browse through or do they just show pictures of it? They provided coffee and tea, did they provide water or should I bring a few bottles?

I contacted registration about dress code (and I think they did say business casual on something). I wanted to know if our team t-shirts would be okay. Here's the response: "I guess you would need to decide how casual the T-shirts are? Maybe if you had a blazed or sweater to wear with them?"

Jeans are always discouraged at this type of event but people will wear what they will wear. They won't keep you out but when some are so casual to wear sweatshirts for example it takes down the atmosphere from a business meeting to just a gathering. Also, in many venues we are not the only group and most other groups are much more strict about the dress codes.

I think of it like this: We've gone to a nice restaurant for our anniversary dressed nice for the occasion and others were there in shorts and t-shirts. Seeing them made our special event less special. We could have gone to McDonalds and had the same atmosphere.

Yep - new catalog. And don't forget the minis that you get to take home. We had coffee, tea, bottled water (small) and cans of soda, with cups & ice. Oh and I think they had hot tea as well. But I don't know if that's different for each venue or not.

Another piece of logistical advice...

We were in a convention center. Big place. I think we were the only event going on for the day. Plenty of bathrooms in the facility.

Conference pros may already be thinking this, but scope out the bathrooms on your way in. Everyone lined up for the one closest to the meeting room. By going down the escalator that was right next to the line they were waiting in, I had a bathroom all to myself at the base of the escalator.

There are not bathroom breaks except for the lunch break.

We had the same beverage selection in Baltimore as Crystal had. Hot beverages in the AM, cold beverages available with lunch. No water pitchers at your seat. I brought a bottle of water with me and drank that as well as the one from lunch. I'm pretty proud of myself for drinking as much as I did. I usually end up dehydrated after a day like that. Hence my post about the bathrooms!

And for us, they had converted the men's bathroom like the do at conference. People were looking at me strangely when I walked into the men's bathroom. I was out & they were still in the other line. :D

There weren't bathroom breaks but several people got up to go - and we had 'stretch' breaks where everyone ran to the bathroom.

crystalscookingnow said:
Yep - new catalog. And don't forget the minis that you get to take home. We had coffee, tea, bottled water (small) and cans of soda, with cups & ice. Oh and I think they had hot tea as well. But I don't know if that's different for each venue or not.

Good to know about the catalog! I'll probably still bring some water with me, I drink a lot of it.

wadesgirl said:
Good to know about the catalog! I'll probably still bring some water with me, I drink a lot of it.

We had ice water dispensers on the sides of our meeting rooms. People were filling their bottles during the day.

alyssacooks said:

Nothing will be revealed here until Saturday afternoon and everything will be on CC on Monday.

In Minneapolis we had all the same beverages as Crystal, We had water and glasses at our tables all day as well as a small bowl of "tiny" hard candies. Lunch was a bummer... I expected just a bit more of such a nice hotel. That was really the only small let down to the day.

etteluap70PC said:
In Minneapolis we had all the same beverages as Crystal, We had water and glasses at our tables all day as well as a small bowl of "tiny" hard candies. Lunch was a bummer... I expected just a bit more of such a nice hotel. That was really the only small let down to the day.

Speaking of that, what did you get served. I'm not on a "special" diet but do not eat a lot of processed foods.

wadesgirl said:
Speaking of that, what did you get served. I'm not on a "special" diet but do not eat a lot of processed foods.
Probably the food will be different at each different venue, depending on what the venue offers. I don't eat a lot of processed foods either, so will probably be bringing some snacks. Nuts, dried fruit, etc...

ChefBeckyD said:
Probably the food will be different at each different venue, depending on what the venue offers. I don't eat a lot of processed foods either, so will probably be bringing some snacks. Nuts, dried fruit, etc...

I know it will be different but serving us a sandwhich compared to something else can make a difference on if I need to bring more food. Already have my "snacks" planned as I actually eat 6 small meals a day.

Ours was a sandwich, chips, fruit cup & cookie

wadesgirl said:
we had a super boring turkey sandwich on a white roll with 2 slices of turkey (I did not see any other meat choices) two 1/2 slices of cheddar and a wimpy slice of lettuce.Fruit cup, like I would put in my kids lunch (I saw many people NOT eating this!) a packaged cookie like from a vending machineA decent bag of chips.A few small things would have made the boxed lunch nicer...A nicer roll or croissant
Different meats to choose from with just 1 more slice. I felt like I had a "Bread" sandwich
A fresh fruit to choose from
baked cookies from the hotelI did not hear one person say "lunch was nice". I tried to keep things positive when I heard some people complaining. I did not want to get in that mode, I was there for positive reinforcement! In the long run it was food and it held me until we went to a fabulous dinner with my director and other cons. In my line, some whom I had never met. It was really wonderful!

Last edited:
Bummer, white bun... no. chips... no. cookie... no. fruit cup... no. Crap, gonna have to figure out something else for lunch.

We had a NICE turkey sandwich - it had a lot of meat on it and good lettuces. Apple, bag of pretzels and a cookie - like they have at Subway. It was a decent lunch! As one who plans meetings and events for large groups often, I understand why they did the boxed lunch - they're usually cheaper by as much as $5 per person!!

For the low registration fee, I was not expecting anything more than the box lunch I got. The company is putting a lot of money into running these 21 launches, much more than one Leadership would have cost. No way did our registration fees cover the entire cost. Maybe it covers the food and some of the room rental. But there's AV, flying and lodging people, shipping materials...

Guaranteed... the production company alone probably charged upwards of $4000 in each location. I was not unhappy with the lunch at all!!

BUT I will say this - next time I'll bring some snacks. All the food talk in the morning (seeing the new products and recipes) made me HUNGRY far before lunch. LOL!

I totally expected a boxed lunch. As someone who has planned events I understand the cost factor. I just think at our venue maybe PC did not get what they paid for. Yours (mountainmama) sounds like it was just the "a bit" nicer that I was referring to.I have had other boxed lunches at (less expensive PC events) and had a nicer lunch.Overall like I said it was a slight smudge on our day. Nothing major and it in now way made me a crabby patty. I had a blast and am excite to see what 2010 will hold.

LOL I was happy to see an apple rather than a fruit cup. I would've been bummed out about that too!!

<h2>1. When is the Spring Launch meeting and what is the agenda?</h2><p>The Spring Launch meeting is typically held in late January or early February and the agenda will vary depending on the specific date and location. However, you can expect to hear about new products, promotions, and business updates.</p><h2>2. How soon will we get to see the new products at the Spring Launch meeting?</h2><p>The new products will be revealed and available for purchase immediately at the Spring Launch meeting. You will have the opportunity to see and touch the products, as well as learn about their features and uses.</p><h2>3. Will there be any restyled products at the Spring Launch meeting?</h2><p>Yes, along with new products, there may also be restyled versions of existing products. This could include updated designs or improved functionality.</p><h2>4. How long will we have to wait before finding out about the new and restyled products at the Spring Launch meeting?</h2><p>You will not have to wait long at all! The Spring Launch meeting is designed to unveil the new products and restyled items as soon as possible. Typically, the announcements will be made within the first hour of the meeting.</p><h2>5. Can you give me a sneak peek of the new products at the Spring Launch meeting?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we cannot release any information or images of the new products before the Spring Launch meeting. However, we can assure you that the new products are exciting and innovative, and you won't be disappointed!</p>

1. When is the Spring Launch meeting and what is the agenda?

The Spring Launch meeting is typically held in late January or early February and the agenda will vary depending on the specific date and location. However, you can expect to hear about new products, promotions, and business updates.

2. How soon will we get to see the new products at the Spring Launch meeting?

The new products will be revealed and available for purchase immediately at the Spring Launch meeting. You will have the opportunity to see and touch the products, as well as learn about their features and uses.

3. Will there be any restyled products at the Spring Launch meeting?

Yes, along with new products, there may also be restyled versions of existing products. This could include updated designs or improved functionality.

4. How long will we have to wait before finding out about the new and restyled products at the Spring Launch meeting?

You will not have to wait long at all! The Spring Launch meeting is designed to unveil the new products and restyled items as soon as possible. Typically, the announcements will be made within the first hour of the meeting.

5. Can you give me a sneak peek of the new products at the Spring Launch meeting?

Unfortunately, we cannot release any information or images of the new products before the Spring Launch meeting. However, we can assure you that the new products are exciting and innovative, and you won't be disappointed!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
cookinmama
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies