• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spice Cake Recommendation for Pumpkin Trifle..

If you want another pumpkin trifle recipe to look at, here's the one I came up with this weekend. Pumpkin Trifle recipe I combined 2 other recipes to make it. I use the cinnamon plus where the recipe says pumpkin pie spice. This filled up my trifle bowl to the top, and was delicious!
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Last time I made this, I used a homemade from scratch recipe..which was nice..but I don't have time for my 2 shows this week..so i'm gonna buy a store bought spice cake box..

Anyone used one particular brand, and had good results??

smilesarepriceless said:
Last time I made this, I used a homemade from scratch recipe..which was nice..but I don't have time for my 2 shows this week..so i'm gonna buy a store bought spice cake box..

Anyone used one particular brand, and had good results??

I use a vanilla cake mix and I add some Cinnamon Plus to it.

I just made this 2 days ago and used the Duncan Hines spice cake mix. It comes in a red box. It was delicious!

If you want another pumpkin trifle recipe to look at, here's the one I came up with this weekend. Pumpkin Trifle recipe I combined 2 other recipes to make it. I use the cinnamon plus where the recipe says pumpkin pie spice. This filled up my trifle bowl to the top, and was delicious!!

Michelle817 said:
I just made this 2 days ago and used the Duncan Hines spice cake mix. It comes in a red box. It was delicious!

If you want another pumpkin trifle recipe to look at, here's the one I came up with this weekend. Pumpkin Trifle recipe I combined 2 other recipes to make it. I use the cinnamon plus where the recipe says pumpkin pie spice. This filled up my trifle bowl to the top, and was delicious!!

Mmmmmm, that sounds yummo!:love: Might have to try that!

Michelle817 said:

your recipe is AMAZING --This deserves a thread of its own...really! I made it last night..for a show..and am making it for a thur show too! SO awesome!!!

1. Can I use any spice cake mix for the pumpkin trifle?

Yes, you can use any brand of spice cake mix for the pumpkin trifle. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box for the correct baking time and temperature.

2. Should I use a specific type of pumpkin for the trifle?

We recommend using canned pumpkin puree for the trifle as it has a smoother texture and is easier to work with. However, you can use freshly pureed pumpkin if desired.

3. Can I substitute the pumpkin for another type of fruit?

While pumpkin is the traditional fruit used in a pumpkin trifle, you can certainly experiment with other fruits such as apples or pears. Just keep in mind that the flavor and texture may be different.

4. Do I need to add any additional spices to the cake mix?

The spice cake mix should already have a blend of spices, but you can certainly add additional spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger to enhance the flavor. Just be careful not to add too much as it can overpower the pumpkin flavor.

5. How far in advance can I make the pumpkin trifle?

You can make the pumpkin trifle up to 24 hours in advance. Just be sure to cover and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You may also need to add a layer of whipped cream or topping before serving to freshen it up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpnina
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • sfdavis918