• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Pumpkin & Spice Cake Trifle

In summary, the conversation was about a pumpkin trifle recipe that uses spice cake as a layer. The recipe combines two different recipes and includes ingredients such as pumpkin, vanilla pudding, spice cake mix, and whipped topping. It is a popular holiday dessert and can be made with sugar-free and light ingredients. The conversation also mentions a similar recipe from Paula Deen and the FoodNetwork that uses gingerbread as a base instead of spice cake.
pamperedpnina
I thought I'd seen a pumpkin trifle that used spice cake as the layer anyone have the recipe?

This version is from Michelle817 - I made it for my office T'giving and it was wonderful.

Pumpkin Trifle recipe
I love pumpkin, and love my trifle bowl, so I made a fantastic recipe using both! I combined two recipes I found online and came up with this one. It still tastes great today, 2 days after I made it. Yummy!!

Pumpkin Trifle

Ingredients
1 pkg. spice cake mix
1 large pkg. (6.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding, divided
1 (15 oz.) can pureed pumpkin, divided
½ cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 large tub (16 oz.) whipped topping, divided

Directions
1. Make cake: Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine cake mix, 2 tbsp. of the vanilla pudding mix, ½ of the pumpkin puree, ½ cup water, ½ cup oil, and 3 eggs. Mix on low for 30 seconds, then medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 38-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, and then remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. (Set aside about ¼ of the cake for another use.) Cut into 1-inch cubes.

2. Make filling: In a large bowl, combine remainder of pudding mix, ½ cup water, sweetened condensed milk, remaining pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Fold in just under half of the whipped topping until no streaks remain.

3. Assemble: Place 1/3 of the cake cubes in bottom of trifle bowl. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, then 1/3 of the whipped topping. Repeat twice for a total of 3 layers. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

(Optional: include 1 cup chopped toasted pecans and/or 1 cup English toffee bits in the layers)​

My family loves this one! (I use sugar free pudding and light cool whip). And of course love Paula Deen!!

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle Recipe #105081
Nice alternative to pumpkin pie, and what a way to mix two delicious holiday flavors together! Great for a holiday dessert or anytime you want a good 'comfort' food. Enjoy! I use CoolWhip French Vanilla for extra oomph! Recipe compliments of Paula Deen and the FoodNetwork.
by Cynna

40 min | 10 min prep

SERVES 20

2 (14 ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or ground cinnamon
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps (optional)
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool.
Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding.
Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl.
Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping.
Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping.
Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired.
Refrigerate overnight.
Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.

© 2008 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com

1. What is an Iso Pumpkin & Spice Cake Trifle?

An Iso Pumpkin & Spice Cake Trifle is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that combines layers of pumpkin and spice cake, creamy vanilla pudding, and whipped topping. It is the perfect fall treat for any occasion.

2. How do I make an Iso Pumpkin & Spice Cake Trifle?

To make an Iso Pumpkin & Spice Cake Trifle, you will need a trifle dish or large glass bowl. Start by layering cubes of pumpkin and spice cake on the bottom. Then, spread a layer of vanilla pudding on top. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the dish. Finish with a layer of whipped topping and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

3. Can I use a different type of cake for this trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake that pairs well with pumpkin and spice flavors. Some popular options include gingerbread, carrot cake, or even chocolate cake. You can also make this trifle gluten-free by using a gluten-free cake mix.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle up to 24 hours in advance. Just be sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. The longer it sits in the fridge, the more the flavors will combine and intensify.

5. Can I add any toppings to this trifle?

Absolutely! You can add crushed graham crackers, chopped nuts, or even caramel sauce on top of the whipped topping for some extra flavor and texture. You can also garnish with additional pumpkin pie spice or a sprinkle of cinnamon for a festive touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • sfdavis918