• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Say Goodbye to Annoying Telemarketing Calls with the Do Not Call Registry

In summary, the person shared that they get calls from telemarketers that are trying to sell them products that are "legal" but are actually scams. They also mentioned that they are on the Do Not Call registry and that it seems to be working for them. They also mentioned that they don't miss the calls because they don't get them at home.
esavvymom
Staff member
I know we've discussed a problem lately of getting telemarketing calls telling us about earning thousands of dollars a month "all legal" of course!

I personally get voicemails- never a live person. It's always a different number- the message is usually the same, and sometimes they say they got my number from my website. I've since removed my phone number from my website contact. Now someone has to use the "Contact me" page only (most did anyway). For me, just "blocking" the number, wouldn't work because it's never the same number twice.

But I had talked to the guy at Verizon about it and he suggested the Do Not Call registry. Before, it didn't apply to cell phones (least not when it first started). Now it DOES apply and work for mobiles. I just registered mine. We'll see if that helps, but at least I can file complaints if they keep calling!
I had literally 5 calls from some unknown number in 3 minutes tonight at my cluster meeting. So annoying!

Just thought I'd share for those who may not have realized.

I'm on the DNC registry, and every time these spammers call (they still call!) I report them. I hope they are found... it's a hefty fine every time they violate the DNC registry.

I'll probably jinx myself now, but I did the DNC registry back a few months ago and I just realized that I haven't received one of those calls in a while. I know that it takes a few weeks they said for it to kick in, but hopefully for me, it's done. I don't have a land line, so I don't want to remove my cell number from my website. What's even as annoying as the calls in the number of CRAP spam emails I've been getting "asking about my business". Every time, I put them on my blocked list, but when they come from so many different email addresses and even domains, it's hard to get them all.

I don't get calls about making thousands of dollars. I get calls about "managing my debt" and "managing my finances" LOL. Yes, they're random and NOT from my bank. I also get calls about "going back to school" that are totally random and the voice messages NEVER address what bank/college they're from. I considered Univ of Phoenix and I KNOW that those colleges ALWAYS address who they are before they even begin speaking about anything else, as does our bank. It's frustrating.

I started getting the calls a few months ago, so I call the DNC registy again. I hadn't done it since it first came out (or I first heard about it), so I was thinking that your number is relisted again after 5 years or something. I don't get any calls anymory. :)

Apparently the law changed in 2007 so now your number in registered forever. :D Love that!And that number that folks were calling me last night called AGAIN this morning....I answered one of them and it turned out to be someone who spoke Spanish or something. I was so irritated and said "you have the wrong number!" I heard him say something (not english) and a lot of laughter. They called again two more times later this morning. DUH.But hopefully the OTHER spam calls disappear or I can at least get the satisfaction of reporting them.

Ug! I do NOT miss telemarketers. Another benefit to living on a military base overseas. We don't get those calls.

1. What are spamming phone calls?

Spamming phone calls are unsolicited and often automated phone calls that are made to a large number of people for the purpose of advertising or scamming.

2. How do I know if a call is a spam call?

Some signs that a call may be a spam call include an unfamiliar or out-of-state area code, a robotic or prerecorded voice, and requests for personal information or money.

3. What should I do if I receive a spam call?

If you receive a spam call, the best course of action is to hang up immediately. Do not engage with the caller or provide any personal information. You can also block the number to prevent future spam calls.

4. Can I stop receiving spam calls?

While it is difficult to completely stop receiving spam calls, there are steps you can take to reduce the number of calls you receive. You can register your phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry, use call blocking apps, and be cautious about giving out your phone number.

5. Is it safe to answer a spam call?

It is generally not recommended to answer a spam call. Answering a spam call may lead to your phone number being added to a list of active numbers, resulting in more spam calls. It is best to ignore and block these calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Chef Kearns
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • magentablue