• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soMy Roomate Wants to Have a Show ...

In summary, if you are hosting your own show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions as follows: you will not be paid commission on items you order at the host discount, you are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past host discount, personal orders placed on the show do not count toward the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award, a recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a downline Consultant.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
on Nov. 1. This is someone who has always had good shows for Partylite and I have no reason to believe that this one won't also be good.

I know there are certain benefits that I'm not eligible for when I host a show ... likewise, I know that there are certain benefits my friend also would not be eligible for.

If my friend even WANTS these benefits (which is doubtful) we've discussed the possibility of using my friend's dad's address as the home address and our house as the "ship to" address ... because I don't think my friend should lose benefits just because I live in the same house.

Any idea what these benefits are? If it's just the booking benefit, I don't think my friend will be interested in it anyway ....

Just have it shipped to:Suzy Friend
c/o Di_Can_Cook
123 Address
etc.You won't lose any benefits.

I'm just curious what benefits would be foregone in this situation anyway ... it might not even be worth it to put a different home address for the roomate ...

You wouldn't loose any benefits this way, I have shows shipped in my hosts name to my address all the time. They don't loose anything for doing this. You are not hosting the show, you are just the consultant.

I think that you wouldn't get paid on any of the products s/he got using the 15-30% discount and there possibly wouldn't be any booking benefits...not sure about that one.

From Policies and Procedures:

You may want to host your own Show from time to time.
When you or a member of your household hosts your own
Show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions
as follows:
• You receive commission on guest orders only. You
will not be paid commission on items you order at the
host discount.
• You are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past
host discount.
In addition, please note:
• Personal orders placed on the Show do not count toward
the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a
downline Consultant.

I see ... I too ship items to my house all the time for hosts .... so I think it would be best to just use another address for the roomate and have it shipped to my place. HO doesn't use the address for anything anyway.November is Sell-A-Thon and I would hate for items not to count towards that!It kind of irks me that HO assumes anyone who is in my household is an extension of me. This is my roomate, not my spouse or sibling, after all.(At least the roomate's not interested in the opportunity ... that would open up a whole 'nother can of worms!)

I have every order shipped to my daughter's address as well as all my PC materials. I have not seen any difference in the payments to me for commissions. She hosts shows for me from time to time so we can count the booking benefits when I have several booked off a Show that I was putting in for myself then changed due to multiple bookings.

I am confused though, you are not hosting it are you? if she is hosting it , you can have it shipped to your addy. I had three of my orders shipped to my house but they were hosted elsewhere

Do you have the same last name? She is not your family, so I am not understanding the issue. If you are concerned, then leave the address blank, and just enter the shipping address.
I have stuff shipped to my address all the time -- sometimes my hosts are not happy w/ how fedex drops and runs, and it sits there all day.

My assumption (you can always call and ask though) would be that Member of your Household means family members or partners. I can't imagine that a room-mate would be under the same rules.

I do not see where it would matter. I have always took that to mean family members too, not roommates.

Since you have the same address I would just ship it c/o you. Make SURE you put the C/O b/c they will put it on hold if you do not and it has your name on it. I have shows shipped to me like that with no problem.

No, my roomate is not related to me at all (although my roomate's stepsister was once married to my cousin a looooong time ago) and I am NOT hosting this party.I just assume, however, that if the customer's address is the same as mine, my roomate will be considered "a member of my household."Neither of us understand why my roomate would be penalized, although I said I think it's to keep consultants from "milking the system" and claiming booking benefits for shows the host didn't book. Even if that was the case, I don't understand what the big deal is ... I know it's not all that unusual for a consultant to pay for and claim a 60 percent off item if the host does not want it.

Oh, and congrats on the roomie hosting a show - if I remember, your roommate has not always been supportive of your business!

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh, and congrats on the roomie hosting a show - if I remember, your roommate has not always been supportive of your business!

I was thinking just that. Must have been all that free stuff that arrived for you!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I know it's not all that unusual for a consultant to pay for and claim a 60 percent off item if the host does not want it.

It may not be unusual, but it's against policies. If consultants keep working the system and using host benefits they aren't entitled to, HO is going to have to change the host benefits.

Di_Can_Cook said:
No, my roomate is not related to me at all (although my roomate's stepsister was once married to my cousin a looooong time ago) and I am NOT hosting this party.

I just assume, however, that if the customer's address is the same as mine, my roomate will be considered "a member of my household."

Neither of us understand why my roomate would be penalized, although I said I think it's to keep consultants from "milking the system" and claiming booking benefits for shows the host didn't book. Even if that was the case, I don't understand what the big deal is ... I know it's not all that unusual for a consultant to pay for and claim a 60 percent off item if the host does not want it.

I hesitate to post here but I just want to clear up misconceptions and state the policy. This is not personal to anyone.

Host benefits are for hosts. Consultants that use the 60% off or any other benefit that the host didn't use are not following Pampered Chef's guidelines or "rules" if you will. They are "abusing the system". Same goes for shows held by people who live in the consultant's household. The rule is if you have the same address the booking benefit is not allowed and we do not get commission on whatever is bought with the show discount (but she can still take advantage of that benefit as can we if we are the host - just no commission on that part of the show) - even if it is not the consultant who is host (it's the address).

I agree it doesn't seem fair to your roommate but she does live with you and does get at least some of the benefit of all the products and incentives we earn as consultants. Really, the only thing she loses is the past host benefit from any bookings.

I do have a lot of my shows shipped to my address as a service to my hosts and yes the c/o (consultant name) is vital so the host gets full benefit - but none of them live with me.

Of course, you can do whatever you want. I am just stating the policy.

Thanks. I just wanted to be clear on what the policy was, which is why I am glad you responded!Just for the record ... I have no interest in the booking benefit and I don't think my roommate wants it either ... she is so broke she can't pay attention! And yup ... not always the most supportive friend in the world ... but I think the free stuff did it ... when I opened the boxes, I heard, "I'll take that square baker ... and that triffle bowl, and ..." And I have heard positive comments on the cookware since it's been in use ... and the spices. Shortly after the boxes arrived, she was asking about the host benefits and encouraged that free means FREE ... no paying shipping or tax on free stuff. An e-mail went out about that time and apparently generated some positive interest.I think she knows she won't live in my house forever and can't bear the thought of living without the food chopper and the forged cutlery or the spices!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Thanks. I just wanted to be clear on what the policy was, which is why I am glad you responded!

Just for the record ... I have no interest in the booking benefit and I don't think my roommate wants it either ... she is so broke she can't pay attention!

And yup ... not always the most supportive friend in the world ... but I think the free stuff did it ... when I opened the boxes, I heard, "I'll take that square baker ... and that triffle bowl, and ..." And I have heard positive comments on the cookware since it's been in use ... and the spices. Shortly after the boxes arrived, she was asking about the host benefits and encouraged that free means FREE ... no paying shipping or tax on free stuff. An e-mail went out about that time and apparently generated some positive interest.

I think she knows she won't live in my house forever and can't bear the thought of living without the food chopper and the forged cutlery or the spices!
Good for you! I hope she gets a ton for free! She will be glad she has it for when she does move. ...and then you can do a housewarming show for her to get her even more!

Related to soMy Roomate Wants to Have a Show ...

1. How do I host a Pampered Chef show for my roommate?

To host a Pampered Chef show for your roommate, you can either reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or become a consultant yourself. The consultant will guide you through the process and help you plan a successful show for your roommate.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show for my roommate?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show for your roommate can earn you free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host specials. It is also a fun and convenient way to get your friends together and try out new kitchen products.

3. How do I invite guests to my roommate's Pampered Chef show?

As a host, you can invite guests to your roommate's Pampered Chef show by sending out invitations through email, social media, or by personally inviting them. Your Pampered Chef consultant can also provide you with invitation templates to make the process easier.

4. What can my roommate expect at a Pampered Chef show?

At a Pampered Chef show, your roommate can expect to see product demonstrations, try out recipes, and learn useful tips and tricks for cooking and using kitchen products. They will also have the opportunity to purchase products at a discounted price.

5. Are there any requirements for hosting a Pampered Chef show for my roommate?

To host a Pampered Chef show for your roommate, you must have a minimum of $200 in guest sales. This can be easily achieved by inviting friends and family to attend the show and make purchases. Your Pampered Chef consultant can also help you reach this goal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • mmilus