• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Something I'm Saying That's Working...

In summary, the speaker has been using a technique to get guest lists from potential hosts by offering a specific deadline and reinforcing the importance of the list for securing a date. This has been successful for them and they attach a flyer and blank guest list to their host packet. They also address the envelopes to "Mary Smith & Guests" to potentially increase the guest list. If necessary, they make a reminder call on the 4th day to ensure the list is received. This has been a helpful tip from Stacy Tenneson and has been working well for the speaker for 6 months.
finley1991
I mentioned this before and just wanted to update everyone who's been so great at answering my questions and sharing such amazing ideas all the time...

I heard this phrase from a Julie Weitz (can't remember her new last name!) recording I listened to and it's how to get the guest list from people... As soon as they set the date, I say, "I'm going to e-mail you your guest list form. I'll need it back by (5-days out) to secure your date." So far, I've gotten all of my guest lists back within that time frame. I'm not offering anything special to them to do it, just that if they want that date, I need the list. So far so good!

Hope this helps!

great reminder--

love it! It's firm yet not witchy. :)

DebbieJ said:
love it! It's firm yet not witchy. :)

I'm actually surprised at how easily it's been rolling off my tongue! At first I thought it would be hard to say but it just comes out very matter-of-factly!

And one thing my customers know about me (and respect) is that I take my business seriously and this just reinforces that to them (without being witchy!)

I've been doing this for about 6 months now - Stacy Tenneson gave me the tip. I now hand the potential host her blank guest list and a "who do I invite" flyer (all stapled together) and let her know I need her guest list back by ___(date 7 days out) "to secure your date"
It has been hugely successful for me!

Here is the sheet I attach to the black guest list...

Attachments

• Who Are Potential Guests (Kitchen).doc
    25 KB · Views: 240
    25 KB · Views: 248
    25 KB · Views: 224
    25 KB · Views: 229
thank you just doesn't seem to say enough right now...

I L:love0010:VE YOU GUYS!!

I had put in my host packet a sase and the duplicate guest list, but I think I might try handing this out at the show and see what happens!

chefmeg said:
thank you just doesn't seem to say enough right now...

I L:love0010:VE YOU GUYS!!

I had put in my host packet a sase and the duplicate guest list, but I think I might try handing this out at the show and see what happens!

It saves me a stamp, too!! I wanted to go up and thank Stacy Tennesen for this fabulous suggestion when I saw her in DC but she was so dang tall I was intimidated - LOL

dannyzmom said:
It saves me a stamp, too!! I wanted to go up and thank Stacy Tennesen for this fabulous suggestion when I saw her in DC but she was so dang tall I was intimidated - LOL

That's funny! She is a tall woman!

dannyzmom said:
...and I am TINY

I, for one, would like to have seen you do this!! You come up to about her chest :bugeye:and this would have been bad for your reputation!!!:D :)devil::eek:Oh there is so much more I want to say but I do have to contain myself!!!!:D:D:D:D

dannyzmom said:
...and I am TINY

Oh sure Carolyn, RUB IT IN!!! :grumpy: Just kiddin!:D

finley1991 said:
I say, "I'm going to e-mail you your guest list form. I'll need it back by (5-days out) to secure your date." So far, I've gotten all of my guest lists back within that time frame. I'm not offering anything special to them to do it, just that if they want that date, I need the list. So far so good!

Hope this helps!

a few questions...
1. and does the list need to have mailing addresses ? or email? or just names?

2. what if they have 6 names only, how do you handle?
3. what do you do when 5 days goes by and you've received nothing...aside from an email, or phonecall. ...

smilesare said:
a few questions...
1. and does the list need to have mailing addresses ? or email? or just names?

2. what if they have 6 names only, how do you handle?
3. what do you do when 5 days goes by and you've received nothing...aside from an email, or phonecall. ...

1.Yes, the list needs names and mailing addresses.
2. If she only has six names, I take it. Some people aren't comfortable inviting more. I always address every envelope to "Mary Smith & Guests"... instantly doubles the guest list.
3. I make a reminder call on the 4th day if necessary. So far I've gotten all of the lists back or they've just disappeared off the face of the earth so the show wouldn't have happened anyway.

Hope that helps!

finley1991 said:
1.Yes, the list needs names and mailing addresses.
2. If she only has six names, I take it. Some people aren't comfortable inviting more. I always address every envelope to "Mary Smith & Guests"... instantly doubles the guest list.
3. I make a reminder call on the 4th day if necessary. So far I've gotten all of the lists back or they've just disappeared off the face of the earth so the show wouldn't have happened anyway.

Hope that helps!

I'm doing a trade show this weekend and I'm going to do this. I usually book a lot of shows at fairs, but about half of them end up cancelling or have super low attendance so I'm going to do it this way to see who's actually going to be serious about it.

Related to Something I'm Saying That's Working...

1. How can I incorporate "Something I'm Saying That's Working..." into my cooking demonstrations?

One way to incorporate this phrase is to use it while showcasing a particularly helpful kitchen tool or demonstrating a cooking technique. For example, you could say something like, "Wow, this garlic press is really making my job easier. 'Something I'm Saying That's Working...' keeps my hands clean and produces perfectly minced garlic every time!"

2. Can I use "Something I'm Saying That's Working..." in my social media posts?

Absolutely! In fact, using this phrase can make your posts more engaging and relatable. You can use it to highlight a successful recipe you've tried or a useful kitchen hack you've discovered. For instance, you could post a photo of a delicious meal and caption it with, "Finally nailed this recipe! 'Something I'm Saying That's Working...' is definitely the key to success."

3. Is "Something I'm Saying That's Working..." suitable for all types of cooking demonstrations?

Yes, this phrase can be used in any type of cooking demonstration, whether it's a live in-person event or a virtual presentation. It can also be used for various cuisines and cooking styles, from baking to grilling to meal prep. The key is to find a moment where you can genuinely express how a particular tool or technique is making your job easier or more efficient.

4. Can I customize "Something I'm Saying That's Working..." to fit my own cooking style?

Absolutely! In fact, we encourage you to personalize this phrase to fit your own brand and style. You can change the wording slightly to make it sound more natural for you, or even add a fun catchphrase or tagline at the end. The most important thing is to make it your own and have fun with it!

5. Are there any other tips for using "Something I'm Saying That's Working..." effectively?

One tip is to use this phrase sparingly and strategically. You don't want to overuse it and make it sound forced or insincere. Use it when it genuinely applies and when you want to highlight a specific product or technique. Additionally, you can try incorporating it into your product descriptions or verbally during sales pitches to reinforce its effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pckelly