• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Someone Is Lifting Our Email Address Again...

In summary, Derek Slocum from cardcaddie.com sent an email to Linda trying to get her to promote their product and Linda did not want to but they had a long conversation. Derek Slocum said that he had sent out about 7 or 8 emails and they did not work. Linda told him that she was not happy with that kind of marketing and people going through our site to get business from us. Derek Slocum said that he would send the cardcaddie to Linda for free if she liked it.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I just got this email. Anyone else get it? I'm PMing Greg with the info too.

hi Linda,
My name is Derek and I got your e-mail from the chef success forum. ( I hope that is OK ) I wanted to show you a marketing tool that I think you would like called a CardCaddie. I would love to send you one for Free. Why? Because if you like the product I would like for you to share it with your forum members. Could you please call me at 1-909-732-3108

Thank you
Derek Slocum
owner
cardcaddie.com

Nope I didn't get one - You must be special Linda!!! LOL!!

Nope, didn't get it, but my e-mail isn't in my siggy. ;)Interesting product, I'd lose it within a week guaranteed! LOL!

Not me!!

Maybe you should remove your e-mail from your siggy. There are crazy people out there.

Me either but I also do not have email in my signature or in my personal info. Wonder if it makes a difference?

I removed it. I thought it would be okay after Greg modified them so that they can't be automatically copied - guess this person must have written them down by hand. What is it with people these days! You can't trust anyone anymore - so sad :(

I got an email from him too but it did not mention CS. I called and had a long conversation with him.

He was on CS and looked at our user info. For me, he took my yahoo messenger "handle" and tried it as an email. He said that he sent out about 7 or 8 and it came back that they didn't work. Then today he tried one person (you, Linda) and offered the free product to try to get through.

I told him that we were not happy with that kind of marketing and people going through our site to get business from us.

I had ordered from him before Linda started this thread so I didn't know how he got my name but I get a lot of similar emails. This one seemed reasonable so I took a chance (was going to check them out and then let you all know about it if it was good). ...I'll let you know. He said it should arrive in about 3 business days.

Linda, I'm laughing at you because you gave him what he wanted ... advertisement! LOL

It is a cool tool. We need something like that, but bigger, to hold catalogs!!!!

Sheila said:
Linda, I'm laughing at you because you gave him what he wanted ... advertisement! LOL

I guess you are right - oh well.

LOL you should call him and ask him for the cardcaddie now... afterall you did advertise!

pampchefsarah said:
It is a cool tool. We need something like that, but bigger, to hold catalogs!!!!

:) I agree! :)

Related to Someone Is Lifting Our Email Address Again...

1. What does it mean if someone is lifting our email address?

If someone is lifting your email address, it means that they are using your email address without your permission. This could be for various reasons, such as sending spam emails or trying to gain access to your personal information.

2. How can I prevent someone from lifting my email address?

To prevent someone from lifting your email address, you can take a few precautions. First, make sure to never share your email address publicly or with people you do not trust. Additionally, be cautious when clicking on links or attachments from unknown senders, as they could potentially be phishing attempts to obtain your email address. Using strong and unique passwords for your email accounts can also help prevent unauthorized access.

3. What are the consequences of someone lifting our email address?

The consequences of someone lifting your email address can vary. In some cases, it may just result in receiving spam emails. However, if the person gains access to your email account, they may be able to access sensitive information, such as personal or financial information. This could lead to identity theft or other forms of cybercrime.

4. What should I do if I suspect someone has lifted my email address?

If you suspect that someone has lifted your email address, it is important to take action immediately. Change your email account password and enable two-factor authentication if available. You should also check your account settings for any suspicious changes and review your recent email activity. It may also be helpful to notify your contacts to be cautious of any emails sent from your account.

5. Can Pampered Chef help if our email address has been lifted?

Pampered Chef takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. If your email address has been lifted and you believe it is related to your Pampered Chef account, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We may be able to help you secure your account and prevent further unauthorized access.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • julia.poe