• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving the Mystery of Date Reversal for Show Dates

I think it's somewhere in the Windows Control Panel settings. Hopefully, someone else will know.In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with the date format in a sales diary for a show. The date is shown in day/month/year format, but in the date sent column, dates before the 16th show in month/day/year format. The person has checked with tech support and their computer settings, but cannot find a solution. They are wondering if it is a problem with their computer settings and are seeking help from others.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Okay, I'm stumped. When I create a show and then when I send it, when I look it up under 'find a show' or in my monthly sales diary all shows show the date in day/month/year but in the date sent column shows sent on or after the 16th show day/month/year but shows on or before the 15th they show month/day/year.

e.g show dated Feb 17, 2007 sent in Feb 20, 2007

in date column 17/02/2007 (day then month) in date sent column 20/02/2007 (day then month)

e.g. show dated Feb 5, 2007

in date column 05/02/2007 (day then month) in date sent column 02/06/2007 (month first?)

I have NO idea why and it's driving me crazy. I went back through my two years and they ALL do this. Tech support couldn't help and didn't think it was important (they mentioned checking to see what my clock/calendar on my computer was set at and when I shared they said it was correct - Canada/US etc) but I noticed last year when I tried to pull up stats for a month not all shows were showing due to the month date reversal for date sent in the earlier shows of the month. I have no idea how they had me check/where to check and what it SHOULD be if this is in fact the problem!

I'm wondering if it's something set up in the specs of my computer as opposed to PP and if it is, what is it, why is it, and HOW do I change it?

Anyone else having this problem or has anyone HAD this problem and know how to help me? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!

dates...
kcjodih said:
Okay, I'm stumped. When I create a show and then when I send it, when I look it up under 'find a show' or in my monthly sales diary all shows show the date in day/month/year but in the date sent column shows sent on or after the 16th show day/month/year but shows on or before the 15th they show month/day/year.

e.g show dated Feb 17, 2007 sent in Feb 20, 2007

in date column 17/02/2007 (day then month) in date sent column 20/02/2007 (day then month)

e.g. show dated Feb 5, 2007

in date column 05/02/2007 (day then month) in date sent column 02/06/2007 (month first?)

I have NO idea why and it's driving me crazy. I went back through my two years and they ALL do this. Tech support couldn't help and didn't think it was important (they mentioned checking to see what my clock/calendar on my computer was set at and when I shared they said it was correct - Canada/US etc) but I noticed last year when I tried to pull up stats for a month not all shows were showing due to the month date reversal for date sent in the earlier shows of the month. I have no idea how they had me check/where to check and what it SHOULD be if this is in fact the problem!

I'm wondering if it's something set up in the specs of my computer as opposed to PP and if it is, what is it, why is it, and HOW do I change it?

Anyone else having this problem or has anyone HAD this problem and know how to help me? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I'm not having the problem, but is it in your Utilities section??

Jenifer Knapp and Ann Scwarz?? both US consultants, Ann is in Southfield, MI but I forget where Jen is, they're computer experts.

Good Luck.

Liz

Sorry, I don't know where that setting is in Windows. There's a Date and Time control panel, but it's more for setting the date. I didn't see a format selection.

Related to Solving the Mystery of Date Reversal for Show Dates

1. What is "date reversal" and why is it important for show dates?

Date reversal refers to the practice of writing the date in a specific format, such as month/day/year or day/month/year. It is important for show dates because it helps to avoid confusion and ensure that the correct date is being communicated to guests and potential customers.

2. How do I know which date format to use for my show dates?

The date format to use for show dates depends on your location. In the United States, the standard format is month/day/year. However, in other countries, such as the United Kingdom, the standard format is day/month/year. It is important to use the format that is most commonly used in your area to avoid confusion.

3. What happens if I accidentally use the wrong date format for my show date?

If you accidentally use the wrong date format for your show date, it can cause confusion for your guests and potential customers. They may show up on the wrong date or think that the show has already passed. It is important to double check the date format before promoting your show to ensure accuracy.

4. Can I change the date format for my show dates in the middle of a season?

Yes, you can change the date format for your show dates in the middle of a season. However, it is important to communicate this change to your guests and potential customers to avoid confusion. You can do this by sending out a notice or updating the event information on your website or social media platforms.

5. How can I prevent date reversal confusion for my show dates?

The best way to prevent date reversal confusion for your show dates is to be consistent with the date format you use. Stick to one format throughout the entire season and communicate this format clearly to your guests and potential customers. Also, double check the date format before promoting your show to ensure accuracy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies