• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving the Issue of Guests Without Last Names for Show Submission

In summary, a host gave a customer 3 orders without last names. When the customer asked the host for the last names, the host refused to give them. The customer decided to enter "work", "coworker", or "X" as the last name on the packing slip and the receipt.
kam
Staff member
I am ready to close a show, but a host gave me 3 orders without last names. When I took the orders over the phone, she said she didn't know the last names.

I didn't press her for the info since I didn't think P3 woudl insist on it. But now that I am almost ready to submit, those guests have red dots - which means it can't be submitted.

Has anyone submitted shows without last names? How do you get it to submit?

I am thinking of entering the actual first name and "from work" as the last name. The host insisted that she worked with these people and didn't know their last name.
Help!

I thought I've submitted orders without a last name but I guess not. I'd go with the "work", "coworker" or you could use "X".

What I hate about P3 is that once it's submitted if you find out the last name, it won't let you go back in and correct it. Just ONE of the many things I hate about P3...but that's another thread :cool:

I have done it once and I just put a X in the last name. P3 took it that way. I insist on OOF's being filled out completely now. I tell people it is for the guarantee info.

Thanks! At the time I did want to push for the last names - but I think this gal is upset with me...so I decided to let it go.

She had a catalog booking and I asked for that guest's phone number. When we finished with all the orders I asked her if she had any other bookings - even if someone was thinking about it. She said her sister was thinking about it - but she didn't want to tell me that since I would ask for her phone number and she didn't have it. So I really didn't want to go back to her and ask the guest's last names.

This is also the gal who is insisting that her aunt is having a show in the next month or so and her aunt's catalog has a different DCB for $85. (apparently my catalog only carries a smaller version for $65). I do not think she believed me that there is only 1 DCB and we all sell the same products.

I didn't want to upset her any further. I think I will use coworker as the lastname!

sfdavis918 said:
I have done it once and I just put a X in the last name. P3 took it that way. I insist on OOF's being filled out completely now. I tell people it is for the guarantee info.

I have too. A lot of outside orders don't seem to like to give their personal info because they fear we'll start calling them or something. Once I began telling them it was transmitted to the home office and allowed them to help with any problems in the future...90% of my oof are now completely filled out :)

If for some reason I cant' get a last name, I usually put "Suzy Guest" as the last name, and I do tell the host that.

Now that I think of it....The drawback to putting something in the last name section that really isn't their last name is that it prints on the packing slip AND their official receipt. You might be better off putting "coworker", "work", "church", etc so that it at least makes sense.

I'm going through the same dilemma right now and can't submit b/c 2 of the girls booked but I don't know there last names. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to submit it. Ugh!

I don't know if this helps, but i used to put Smith and that got confusing because I would forget that that was the wrong name! Now I put unknown. PP will accept it and I won't forget that this is not really their name. Even if it does print on the host list I don't think it looks bad either.

If I get an OOF without a last name, I use a period. It fills in the spot, and P3 takes it, but it's not really visible on the printed receipt.

It's not just PP3 PP won't accept it without a last name anylonger either. i always just used the initial like Janet J but I like the period idea.

I haven't made the change to PP3 I am still waiting for all the bugs to be worked out : ) or procrastinating

trps said:
I haven't made the change to PP3 I am still waiting for all the bugs to be worked out : ) or procrastinating
Most of the bugs are worked out now. Or HO doesn't know that there are some things we don't like. There's a brand new enhancement to P3 to include online non-show orders (so the monthly sales diary is accurate) and to allow multiple users on one copy of P3 (so you can train a new consultant or allow a consultant without a computer to use yours).

sometimes i will use FRIEND or COWORKER or NEIGHBOR if I know etc.

Thanks for the wonderful ideas!

I will definitely work harder at getting the info for future shows.

chefann said:
Most of the bugs are worked out now. Or HO doesn't know that there are some things we don't like. There's a brand new enhancement to P3 to include online non-show orders (so the monthly sales diary is accurate) and to allow multiple users on one copy of P3 (so you can train a new consultant or allow a consultant without a computer to use yours).

That's nice to know. Thanks for the info.

1. Can I still place an order if I don't know the last name of the host?

Yes, you can still place an order as long as you have the first name and address of the host. Our system will automatically match the order to the correct party.

2. Will the host still receive credit for my order if I don't know their last name?

Yes, the host will still receive credit for your order even if you do not know their last name. As long as you provide their first name and address, our system will credit the order to the correct host.

3. How can I find out the last name of the host if I don't know it?

You can try reaching out to the host directly or contacting the person who invited you to the party. They may be able to provide you with the last name of the host.

4. Can I still RSVP for a party if I don't know the last name of the host?

Yes, you can still RSVP for a party even if you do not know the last name of the host. Just provide their first name and address when submitting your RSVP.

5. Will my order be shipped to the correct host if I don't know their last name?

Yes, your order will be shipped to the correct host as long as you provide their first name and address. Our system will match the order to the correct party based on this information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • KCPChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CAPCnewbie