• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, I Fell Out of the Truck Today!

In summary, Tara fell out of her car while reaching for a phone book and landed on her tailbone and leg. She is glad to be OK.
cookingwith_tara
This is funny - but I really did hurt myself . . .

I pull up to the mailbox in my Xterra to check the mail and I see the new phone books had been delivered. It's in a plastic bag on the ground beside the mailbox. I opened the door to just reach down and get it and then realized just how high up this Xterra is. So, I say to myself, "I can get it, I'll just hold on to the steering wheel". And wouldn't you know - I fell right out onto the ground somehow landing sitting straight up! I stood up quickly to look around and see if anyone was watching :blushing: and thank the Lord, no one was around! So, I picked up the phone book and threw it in the car, checked the mail and then just sat there beside the road reading the mail as if nothing ever happened. :eek:

My tail bone hurts so bad right now :( and my leg is bruised from falling into the side of the door.

Now, remember, on another thread, someone posted about themselves walking into the sliding glass door - well I also posted some pretty funny, yet painful, situations I've been in before and I think this one tops the cake or takes the fall (hee, hee, hee):D

I'm glad you're OK and didn't injure yourself worse! Now see, if that had been me, I would have somehow managed to leave the vehicle in DRIVE and would have succeeded in running over myself in the process. :) I'm just that much of a klutz...

Again, glad you're OK!!!

OMG, that is funny! Hopefully you don't wake up really sore in the morning :)

Katie, i was thinking I would have also ran over myself

Good thing you had the brake on!

I am glad to hear that you are ok. I had a friend whose mom did leave it in drive and ran over herself. Thank goodness the mail man was right there he saved he life.

For those of you are thinking you would have run yourself over, I HAVE! Thankfully it was with a quad. so I was only banged up.

Tara, I feel your pain. I too have fallen out of a truck. I'm sorry your tailbone hurts. I hope it goes away.

I'm laughing at you.....sorry! too funny.

I have almost fallen out of my car doing the same thing.

My last vehicle was an SUV one day, my exhusband got this great idea to take the running boards off of it. I didn't mind it so much because they were starting to rust, and they didn't look so good. The first time I went to get out, I forgot it was gone and I went flying out of the vehicle! I feel for you right now! We all do duh duh doy things... I think it's just part of life!

I, too, am glad you're ok. Years ago, I was reading our daily state newspaper and saw an article where a 16 y/o boy died because he opened his pickup door to spit! Fell out and ran over himself. I cried when I read that article about that kid. I always thought that was so sad. That's when I started telling people I didn't want to "die stupid" (meaning in a stupid manner. I know the grammar isn't correct, but you'd have to have been there...)

Ann, I totally understand what you are saying. We recently had an incident on the river here. A couple of guys went out on the river in a canoe fishing, sounds harmless until you read the article that says they were sitting on lawn chairs and both were drunk. It was one of our first really nice days, so the weather outside was great, but the water was still freezing. One guy went in and drowned in the freezing waters. I would call that a stupid death. Its sad that it happened, but had they been thinking, it could have been prevented.

Tara, I laughed so hard I had a coughing fit. Been there, done that & almost repeated it all again. Remembered just in time what had happened the last time I thought I could streach from a sitting position on a barstool to grab something on the floor.

That is really funny - I can just picture it - only thing is I don't know you but I'm totally picturing me! So something I would do. Glad you weren't hurt worse and hope you feel better.

Glad you're okay. I'd tell you I never do things like that, but I don't like to lie. ;)

I am really sore today! I have a bruised knot on my leg. And of course, my husband laughed first - and then had pity on me. I'm glad I had put it in park, too. Usually I just pull up to the mailbox with my foot on the brake and NEVER park it. I guess the reaction was seeing the phone book on the ground and quickly thinking I could just bend down and get it so I put it in park.

Oh, the lessons we learn . . . and how we learn them!

OM! Geez Tara! You really could have hurt yourself. Hopefully in few days the bruises will calm down! But I know too how you feel. We all do it. Some where, some time, it happens. Mine was in the garage thank goodnes. I was sitting on the front seat, door open, when I looked in the rearview mirror and realized I had a bag in the way. So, I reached around to put it out of the way and totally slid off the seat and landed on the garage floor and hit my head on the door! That was when I owned my Rodeo so it was about a 4 foot drop! So there I am sitting on the garage floor, garage door open and I am laughing when the neighbor comes by and finds me there. Sharon thought I was nuts! Of course she was laughing too once I told what had happened! And yes, the next day, I thought I was gonna die from the pain in my backside and the bruise on my fore head made it look like someone slugged me!

candiejayne said:
Ann, I totally understand what you are saying. We recently had an incident on the river here. A couple of guys went out on the river in a canoe fishing, sounds harmless until you read the article that says they were sitting on lawn chairs and both were drunk. It was one of our first really nice days, so the weather outside was great, but the water was still freezing. One guy went in and drowned in the freezing waters. I would call that a stupid death. Its sad that it happened, but had they been thinking, it could have been prevented.
Not a good idea in a canoe, center of gravity is so low!

pampered1224 said:
OM! Geez Tara! You really could have hurt yourself. Hopefully in few days the bruises will calm down! But I know too how you feel. We all do it. Some where, some time, it happens. Mine was in the garage thank goodnes. I was sitting on the front seat, door open, when I looked in the rearview mirror and realized I had a bag in the way. So, I reached around to put it out of the way and totally slid off the seat and landed on the garage floor and hit my head on the door! That was when I owned my Rodeo so it was about a 4 foot drop! So there I am sitting on the garage floor, garage door open and I am laughing when the neighbor comes by and finds me there. Sharon thought I was nuts! Of course she was laughing too once I told what had happened! And yes, the next day, I thought I was gonna die from the pain in my backside and the bruise on my fore head made it look like someone slugged me!

I've done a few stupid things that instead of crying I laughed so hard!

cookingwith_tara said:
I pull up to the mailbox in my Xterra to check the mail and I see the new phone books had been delivered. It's in a plastic bag on the ground beside the mailbox. I opened the door to just reach down and get it and then realized just how high up this Xterra is. So, I say to myself, "I can get it, I'll just hold on to the steering wheel". And wouldn't you know - I fell right out onto the ground somehow landing sitting straight up! I stood up quickly to look around and see if anyone was watching :blushing: and thank the Lord, no one was around! So, I picked up the phone book and threw it in the car, checked the mail and then just sat there beside the road reading the mail as if nothing ever happened.
Are you sure we weren't seperated at birth? This is totally something I would do! Hope you're not too sore!!

1. What is "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" about?

"So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" is a collection of humorous and heartwarming stories about real-life kitchen mishaps and cooking disasters. It celebrates the imperfect moments in the kitchen and reminds us that it's okay to make mistakes while cooking.

2. Who is the author of "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!"?

The author of "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" is Pampered Chef's very own founder and CEO, Doris Christopher. She shares her own personal experiences and those of other Pampered Chef consultants and customers in this entertaining and relatable book.

3. Is "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" is for anyone who loves to cook or has had a kitchen mishap. The stories in this book are relatable to anyone who has ever stepped foot in a kitchen and will bring a smile to your face.

4. Can I purchase "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" at a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can purchase "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" at a Pampered Chef party or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it on Pampered Chef's website or at select bookstores.

5. Is "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" available in other languages?

Currently, "So, Fell Out of the Truck Today!" is only available in English. However, Pampered Chef is constantly expanding and may release versions in other languages in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Trish in Texas
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies