• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recovering from a Broken Leg - How Did I Do It?

In summary, Trish from Texas broke her wrist and ankle in separate incidents, and has been healing well thanks to the blessings of fall.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
Hi, ChefSuccess folks,

I have really missed being part of this forum.

I fell and broke my leg in two places (large bone, just above my ankle; small bone, just below my knee) March 31st; had surgery April 2nd (titanium rod, with four incision sites); got out of hospital April 4th and into rehab that evening. I got out of inpatient rehab April 15h and started outpatient rehab April 21st. I hope to finish that up later this month.

I am getting around well on my walker. The orthopedic surgeon says he's never seen someone get around so well after breaking a tibia!

Anyway, thank God for all the blessings this fall has brought to me!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I hope you heal well and quickly! I broke my leg in four places several years ago - also had the joy of a titanium rod. I kept the rod after they took it out of my leg... I guess to show others the risk of roller-blading, LOL!I ended up having to wear a bone growth stimulator - my leg wouldn't heal... sounds like you're well on your way to healing though!I'll keep you in my prayers!

all I can say is OUCH! Glad to hear you are doing well.

I will keep you in my prayers, I thought shattering my wrist was bad. I am glad you are healing well.

Did you say you broke your fibula too?OUCH! Glad you are getting around better!

I'm sorry about the severe break and the surgery! Praise God you are walking around and healing so quickly!

Get well soon and when you go back to work and back to PC do well...just don't do so well that you "break a leg!" LOL

Ow! Sounds painful. Glad you're doing well.

Related to Recovering from a Broken Leg - How Did I Do It?

What are some quick and easy meals I can make with limited mobility?

Some quick and easy meals you can make with limited mobility include one-pan meals such as sheet pan dinners or stir-fries, slow cooker meals, and pre-made frozen meals that can be heated up in the microwave or oven.

How can I modify my cooking techniques to accommodate my leg injury?

You can modify your cooking techniques by using a stool or chair to sit while cooking, using kitchen tools with longer handles for better reach, and asking for help with tasks that require standing for long periods of time.

What kitchen tools can make cooking with a leg injury easier?

Kitchen tools that can make cooking with a leg injury easier include a food processor for chopping and slicing, an electric can opener, a jar opener, and a non-slip cutting board to prevent accidents.

Are there any meal delivery services that cater to individuals with injuries or disabilities?

Yes, there are meal delivery services that cater to individuals with injuries or disabilities. Some options include meals specifically designed for individuals with limited mobility or special dietary needs, as well as local meal delivery services that offer customized meal plans.

What are some tips for meal planning and grocery shopping with a leg injury?

Some tips for meal planning and grocery shopping with a leg injury include making a list before going to the store to save time and energy, using online grocery shopping and delivery services, and choosing recipes that require minimal prep and cooking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
Replies