• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Smoky Cheddar and Tapenade Torta

In summary, Keith found the recipe for the Easy & Impressive Appetizers book and was interested in making it, but now he's decided he doesn't like olives and wants to make a Greek Cheese Torta without them.
leftymac
I hate doing this, but I'm very intrigued after seeing this in the catalog (page 33), but now I'm thinking it might be fun to make as an appetizer for a party this weekend. Anyone made this before? It's in the new Easy & Impressive Appetizers book and I don't have it. Anyone kind enough to post the recipe? I know that's generally frowned upon, but I'm so cute and charming I thought someone might be willing. ;)**EDIT**
Nevermind, I'm a moron. I searched the files but forgot to search the threads.

Last edited:
And gross. Had I known it had olives in it, I wouldn't have even bothered. I should've known by "tapenade". Duh me.

LOL, I didn't know the recipe was already posted here either. I saw your first post and went looking for my cookbook. I have it on my lap and was just about to start typing. :)

kcjodih said:
LOL, I didn't know the recipe was already posted here either. I saw your first post and went looking for my cookbook. I have it on my lap and was just about to start typing. :)

You're sweet. Thanks for trying!

I only found it because I googled the recipe title, and it was the first thing that came up. Now that I know it has olives in it, I wanna barf just thinking about it.

LOL...so I'm thinking you dislike olives just a little? ;) :D

kcjodih said:
LOL...so I'm thinking you dislike olives just a little? ;) :D

:yuck: blech!

Hey Keith - if you like the idea of that recipe but would prefer an olive-less version - check out the Greek Cheese Torta - it's delish - I do it for lots of shows. AND...if you have some leftover after the show you can put it over hot penne pasta and it makes and awesome pasta dish!!
Ingredients:
1-2 loaves (16 oz) French baguette
Pampered Chef Garlic Oil
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry
2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp Pampered Chef Greek Rub
2 pkg (4 oz each) crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and patted dry
3 tbsp shelled pistachios
1-2 fresh garlic cloves, pressedDirections:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on Large Round Stone with Handles. Spray with Garlic Oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.2. Line small Colander with paper towels. Place spinach into Colander; wrap paper towels around spinach and press until almost dry. Place cream cheese into Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened. Stir in spinach and Greek Rubub; mix well. Add feta cheese and pressed garlic; stir until well blended.3. Finely dice sun-dried tomatoes using Color Coated Paring Knife. Line Small Batter Bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon one-third of the cheese mixture into bottom of batter bowl, spreading evenly. Top with tomatoes, forming an even layer. Spread remaining cheese mixture over tomatoes.4. To serve, invert torta onto serving platter. **note from Carolyn – I find it is best to chill the torta for 15 minutes or more before inverting it, otherwise it’s too mushy to serve** Remove plastic wrap. Coarsely chop pistachios using Food Chopper; press onto top of torta. Serve with toasted baguette slices.Yield: 32 servingsNutrients per serving: (about 1 tbsp spread and 1 baguette slice): Calories 140, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 260 mg, Fiber 1 gCook's Tip: If desired, 1 jar (7 oz) roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry, can be substituted for the sun-dried tomatoes. Toasted almonds can be substituted for the pistachios. Proceed as recipe directs.

I love the Greek Cheese Torta...I'm all out of greek rub though! My pampered pantry is getting to be bare bones. :(

I made this Smoky Cheddar & Tapenade Torta this weekend (actually made 4 of them) for a booth that I had set up at an event. It looked GREAT with fresh basil under it. People were so intrigued that they tried it even if they didn't like olives...and guess what...they LoVED it...even the ones that said they did not like olives.

Keith....charming indeed! Glad you found the recipe and sorry it made you green. :D

What is a Smoky Cheddar and Tapenade Torta?

The Smoky Cheddar and Tapenade Torta is a delicious savory torta, or layered dip, made with smoky cheddar cheese and a flavorful tapenade. It is perfect for entertaining and can be served with crackers, bread, or vegetables.

How do I serve the Smoky Cheddar and Tapenade Torta?

The torta can be served chilled or at room temperature. Simply remove it from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving to allow it to soften slightly. Then, serve with your choice of accompaniments such as crackers, bread, or vegetables.

Can I make the Smoky Cheddar and Tapenade Torta ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the torta up to 2 days in advance. Simply cover it tightly and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving to allow it to soften.

What ingredients are in the Smoky Cheddar and Tapenade Torta?

The torta is made with cream cheese, smoky cheddar cheese, tapenade, and seasonings. The tapenade is a mixture of olives, capers, garlic, and herbs.

Can I customize the toppings in the Smoky Cheddar and Tapenade Torta?

Yes, you can add additional toppings or mix-ins to the torta to suit your taste. Some popular options include diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, or crumbled bacon. Get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • ChefetteDuJour