• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Small Bar Pan Recipes: Beyond Just Pizza

In summary, the customer is looking for recipes for her small bar pan. Mine is black, and we use it for warming pizza, chicken nuggets, french fries, and cinnamon rolls.
4kids4me
Hey, I have a customer looking for recipes for her small bar pan. I had shared the Life in the day of a Bar Pan with her, and she's looking for ideas for the small one. All she uses it for right now is warming pizza. I keep mine in the toaster oven at all times, but otherwise, that's all I use it for, too. Thanks for your ideas!

Mine is BLACK!! We use it like 3 or 4 times a day! We heat up anything left over in the toaster oven. I do chicken nuggets or frozen pizza or french fries. I know healthy huh! LOL!!

We use it when we cook our burritos in the oven or when my DH is cooking something for himself.
Also I am sure she can use most the stuff from in the day of a bar pan but have her cut the recipes down.

I buy frozen biscuits, and can bake several at a time on the small bar pan. It's great, because there are just 2 of us at home, and I don't usually need a whole tube (8) biscuits at once.Otherwise, it's great for single servings of things and reheating, as previously mentioned.

I do what Ann does.

It's also great for cinnamon rolls. I cook Schwans Chicken Fries on it all the time for DS.

If you're really PMSing but don't want to eat an entire recipe of brownies you can 1/2 a batch for a square pan or 1/4 a recipe for a 13x9.

If you buy the small packet of brownie mix - like Martha White brand, you can actually bake it in the small bar pan.

I use mine mostly for 3 yr old lunches and reheating foods. It's perfect for a toaster oven. You can get 2 small chicken breasts on there, for baking, or a leftover slice of pizza, or enough mini corndogs, fishsticks or chicken nuggets for a 3 yr old and his friend.

ChefBeckyD said:
I use mine mostly for 3 yr old lunches and reheating foods.
And here I thought you made mostly fresh foods! Remind me not to eat at your house.

:D

chefann said:
And here I thought you made mostly fresh foods! Remind me not to eat at your house.

He eats fresh fruits and vegetables with them....and I buy Morningstar Farm mini corndogs, and organic fishsticks, and we make our own chicken nuggets!:p

I just didn't want to say all of that, because I don't want everyone to think I am a food freak!

but since you ask, this is what was on the menu today:

Breakfast~
Veggie Omelet w/spinach, sauteed mushrooms, peppers, onion, and feta cheese (left off the peppers & onions from Micah's)
Fruit Salad w/ grapefruit, orange, strawberries, and banana (Micah's was sliced strawberries and bananas)

Lunch~
Homemade Tomato Soup w/ wholegrain crackers
veggies and hummus dip
strawberries w/ melted dark chocolate for dipping

Dinner~
Tacos made with a beef/bean mixture, lettuce,tomatoes, cheese, and homemade salsa (Micah's with no lettuce)

chefann said:

I almost spit out my coffee. :D

I love the small bar pan - I use it for all the uses others have mentioned, and it's great for cooking just a few pieces of bacon in the toaster oven or microwave.

Becky! I didn't mean that you didn't cook prepared foods. You post says that you cook "3 yr old lunches" not "lunches for my 3 yr old." There's a significant difference in meaning between those 2 phrases. :)

chefann said:
Becky! I didn't mean that you didn't cook prepared foods. You post says that you cook "3 yr old lunches" not "lunches for my 3 yr old." There's a significant difference in meaning between those 2 phrases. :)
:eek: :eek: :eek: silly me! :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe I need to go to bed early tonight!:blushing:

chefann said:
I thought exactly the same thing, Ann, when I first read Becky's post. I thought it was quite hilarious that Becky didn't understand your sarcasm.

we use it in the toaster for leftovers like the other have said.. also good for pizza bites, mozzarella sticks, etc

Christ Follower said:
2 step fudge.

I LOVE that fudge, its soooooooo easy to make!

The brownie recipe that is on the U&C card is awesome!

My neighbor says it is her favorite brownie recipe ever...

When I had a toaster oven I used the Sm bar pan for anything and everything that I cooked in it. Like others said anything on the day in the life of a BP will work for the toaster oven as well.

Can someone post the recipe for the fudge? I am going home for the holidays and my step-dad loves fudge... and they have the small bar pan. TIA!!!

Pampered_Ashley said:
Can someone post the recipe for the fudge? I am going home for the holidays and my step-dad loves fudge... and they have the small bar pan. TIA!!!

Combine a bag of chocolate chips and a tub of frosting. Microwave 1 minute (until chocolate melts, stirring frequently to avoid over cooking). Spread on pan and cool. You can spread it on the new pastry mat to get a thinner fudge and use the creative cutters but you have to wait until it sets up. I have done white chocolate chips and strawberry frosting and cut it into hearts for bridal fairs and showers and for February hosts.

thats all there is to it? holy moly, I'm gonna have to get the small bar pan now! I'm totally a sucker for things that easy!

It works best with non-semi sweet chips (the standard ones), because there's less cocoa butter in the semi-sweet chips, so the fudge is a little hard. You can make a mint fudge by using vanilla chips and frosting and adding a dash of mint extract. Stir in broken mint candies/candy canes.

wow...thats easy! i might even make him both the original and the mint version. thanks everyone

I gave it as the "gift" at the Fall Kids in the Kitchen session. We made blueberry pancakes in it for September. In October we did Crazy Caterpillars. In November we did the Mini Burger Bites! It's great!

1. What are some other dishes I can make with the Small Bar Pan besides pizza?

The Small Bar Pan is extremely versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes including appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Some popular options include mini quiches, roasted vegetables, chicken tenders, and brownies.

2. Can I use the Small Bar Pan in the oven?

Yes, the Small Bar Pan is oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. It is perfect for baking and roasting a wide range of dishes.

3. What is the best way to clean the Small Bar Pan?

The Small Bar Pan is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning, but it can also be hand washed with warm, soapy water. It is recommended to avoid using metal utensils on the pan to prevent scratching.

4. How many servings does the Small Bar Pan typically make?

The Small Bar Pan can make 12 servings, with each square measuring approximately 2 inches. However, this may vary depending on the recipe and portion size.

5. Can I use the Small Bar Pan on the stovetop?

No, the Small Bar Pan is not suitable for stovetop use. It is specifically designed for oven use and should not be used on the stovetop as it may cause damage to the pan and stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJessica95765
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • babywings76