• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Small Bar Pan Be Used in Microwave?

In summary, the Small Bar Pan is safe to use in the microwave, but it is important to follow recommended guidelines such as avoiding metal utensils and not overheating the product. It can be used for up to 5 minutes at a time and should be allowed to cool down before using again. It is not recommended to use on high heat in the microwave. The pan is great for reheating food and can be easily cleaned by placing it in the dishwasher or using warm soapy water with a non-abrasive sponge.
jentapp
I was thinking about using it as a "kid friendly" item (heat up frozen pizzas, chicken nuggets, cheese sticks, etc). Does anyone know if the small bar pan can be used in the microwave and how the food would turn out on it?

All the stoneware can be used in the microwave, as long as it fits. LOL.

Just make sure you season it properly.

Heck yeah!! Mine is used in there every day!

So is mine!
In fact, last night I sliced a Butternut Squash in half (fresh from my garden!) put it cut side down on my small bar pan with a couple tablespoons of water, and popped it in the Micro for about 7-8 minutes. Took it out, scraped out all of the "meat" and mashed it w/ some butter, brown sugar, and Cinnamon Plus....using my Mix n Masher - love that! It was delicious!
Today for my son's lunch I used it to heat up fish sticks in the Microwave!

One thing worth noting though if you are going to promote it as "kid friendly" is that it does get hot in the Microwave.

Is there a difference?Does the food turn out any differently in the microwave? Crispier, less rubbery, etc?

I use my bar pan in the microwave to reheat pizza and bread. It doesn't seem to get soggy. It won't make it crispy...because microwaves just don't do that...but it does seem to taste more fresh, and not so much a reheated item.

ChefBeckyD said:
One thing worth noting though if you are going to promote it as "kid friendly" is that it does get hot in the Microwave.
Definately mention the silicone mit, too!!

Excellent!
AJPratt said:
Definately mention the silicone mit, too!!

Excellent cross-selling idea! Thanks! :D

Related to Can Small Bar Pan Be Used in Microwave?

1. Can the Small Bar Pan be used in the microwave?

Yes, the Small Bar Pan is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to follow the recommended guidelines for microwave use, such as avoiding metal utensils and overheating the product.

2. How long can the Small Bar Pan be used in the microwave?

The Small Bar Pan can be used in the microwave for up to 5 minutes at a time. After that, it is recommended to let the pan cool down before using it again.

3. Is it safe to use the Small Bar Pan on high heat in the microwave?

No, it is not recommended to use the Small Bar Pan on high heat in the microwave. This can cause the pan to overheat and potentially damage the product.

4. Can I use the Small Bar Pan to reheat food in the microwave?

Yes, the Small Bar Pan is great for reheating food in the microwave. Its small size makes it perfect for individual portions of leftovers.

5. How do I clean the Small Bar Pan after using it in the microwave?

The Small Bar Pan is dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher after use. If hand washing, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge to clean the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefJessica95765
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefhutch04