• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bamboo Snack Bowls - Microwave Safe?

In summary, the Bamboo Snack Bowls have a diameter of 5.5 inches and a height of 2.25 inches. They are also dishwasher safe and come in a set of four. They can be used in the microwave and have a capacity of 10 ounces.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Anyone know if the Bamboo Snack Bowls (the new small round ones) are safe to use in the microwave? The use and care says nothing about the microwave. I was planing to use them tonight for the new Ginger Wasabi and Spicey Pineapple Rum sauces and wanted to heat them up before serving. Should I heat them in something else then pour into the bamboo bowl? I'm not planning to heat the sauces until boiling just to warm them.

What are your thoughts? I'll send an email to the Test Kitchen for the official answer.

I wouldn't risk it. The larger bamboo pieces that are glued together (to laminate the layers of bamboo into a large piece), like the square bowls, aren't dishwasher safe because of the heat. It would be easy enough to warm the sauce in a measuring cup and pour it into the bowls.

That makes sense for the bowls that are glued together, but these are one solid piece. However, now that I thnk about it, I left a bamboo spoon in a bowl when I microwaved it once and it got really hot, the bowls probably would too.

The snack bowls are not dishwasher safe according to the use and care card so I would bet they have glue in their construction. I would think it would be better to use a small batter bowl or some other container to heat the sauce.

Yep, they are not one piece, they are laminated like the square bowls.

What are the dimensions of the Bamboo Snack Bowls?

The Bamboo Snack Bowls have a diameter of 5.5 inches and a height of 2.25 inches.

Are the Bamboo Snack Bowls dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Bamboo Snack Bowls are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

How many bamboo snack bowls come in a set?

Each set of Bamboo Snack Bowls comes with four bowls.

Can the Bamboo Snack Bowls be used in the microwave?

Yes, the Bamboo Snack Bowls are microwave safe for reheating food.

What is the capacity of each bamboo snack bowl?

Each bamboo snack bowl has a capacity of 10 ounces, making it the perfect size for snacks or small meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slapsappyhappy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4 5