• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Battle of the Sexes With the Sauces?

In summary, Sarah's family seems to prefer the Spiced Pineapple Rum over the Ginger-Wasabi, while men tend to prefer the Spiced Pineapple Rum over the Ginger-Wasabi.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I don't know if this is exactly a product tip, but it is product related.

At the first show for which I used the new sauces there were men and women present. I poured the Ginger-Wasabi over some baked brie, and everyone loved it. I told them they were free to try the Spiced Pineapple Rum, too. I think only one person actually did, one of the guys, and he said he liked it better than the Ginger-Wasabi (and, judging by the number of servings of brie he had, he definitely liked the G-W).

A couple of weeks later I made some chicken for dinner, and invited my family to try the sauces. My daughter LOVES the G-W (even pours it on the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, which I would never consider). My husband likes both, but prefers the SPR.

This past weekend I had a booth at a fair. ALL the guys preferred the SPR, and all the women thought the G-W was better. One gentleman came back a few times for more of the SPR (poured over cream cheese and served with crackers). Too bad he didn't buy anything! ;):p

Has anyone else noticed a gender-related preference? Not that one gender doesn't like the other sauce, but that men tend to lean more towards the SPR, and women towards the G-W. Or, is it just me?

pampchefsarah said:
I don't know if this is exactly a product tip, but it is product related.

At the first show for which I used the new sauces there were men and women present. I poured the Ginger-Wasabi over some baked brie, and everyone loved it. I told them they were free to try the Spiced Pineapple Rum, too. I think only one person actually did, one of the guys, and he said he liked it better than the Ginger-Wasabi (and, judging by the number of servings of brie he had, he definitely liked the G-W).

A couple of weeks later I made some chicken for dinner, and invited my family to try the sauces. My daughter LOVES the G-W (even pours it on the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, which I would never consider). My husband likes both, but prefers the SPR.

This past weekend I had a booth at a fair. ALL the guys preferred the SPR, and all the women thought the G-W was better. One gentleman came back a few times for more of the SPR (poured over cream cheese and served with crackers). Too bad he didn't buy anything! ;):p

Has anyone else noticed a gender-related preference? Not that one gender doesn't like the other sauce, but that men tend to lean more towards the SPR, and women towards the G-W. Or, is it just me?

That's funny, Sarah - I've noticed the same thing. Even in my own family, DH & DS like the SPR better, while I like the GW better. (so much better I could practically drink it from the bottle!)

Its not like that here, we are both bigger fans of the GW over the SPR.

Maybe it is because the SPR is spicy. I have noticed that most women don't like the spicy foods where men do prefer them. I liked both equally.

pampered.chris said:
Maybe it is because the SPR is spicy. I have noticed that most women don't like the spicy foods where men do prefer them. I liked both equally.

No - I like the GW better because it's not as sweet. It's the sweetness of the SPR that gets to me.

I'm the opposite- I prefer the SPR to the GW.

I'm not a coconut fan, so that might be why I'm not a fan of the SPR, I am however a huge fan of soy sauce flavor.

One thing though, and I'll be doing it with the sauces is asking right up front if there are any food allergies. I have a friend who is deathly allergic to coconut. He can't even smell it without getting a reaction. Or so he says, I'm not going to try to make him smell some to find out LOL

candiejayne said:
I'm not a coconut fan, so that might be why I'm not a fan of the SPR, I am however a huge fan of soy sauce flavor.

One thing though, and I'll be doing it with the sauces is asking right up front if there are any food allergies. I have a friend who is deathly allergic to coconut. He can't even smell it without getting a reaction. Or so he says, I'm not going to try to make him smell some to find out LOL

Well, Andrea, if you ever get really mad at him . . .

I have a good friend who is allergic to pineapple. So, not SPR or Pineapple Wedger at her house on game nights!!

By the way, in our family we love the spicy! Thai food, prepared Thai spicy, is a definite favorite. However, the GW is preferred. (I didn't include my dd in this comparison, because she doesn't like either non-fresh pineapple or coconut).

Sarah, every time I see the title of this thread I think, "Sounds really messy."

Rae, you are so funny!! Too bad we're not in the same Wave, but maybe I'll get to meet you in between.

Now, I'm bumping this just so you have to see the title, again.

I just had a party and the men seemed to have preferred the gw over the spr and the women were 50/50 LOL

1. What is "Battle of the Sexes With the Sauces?"

"Battle of the Sexes With the Sauces" is a fun and interactive cooking competition where teams of men and women compete to create the best sauces using Pampered Chef products.

2. How do I participate in "Battle of the Sexes With the Sauces?"

You can participate in "Battle of the Sexes With the Sauces" by hosting or attending a Pampered Chef party. Your consultant will provide all the necessary materials and guide you through the competition.

3. What kind of sauces can be made in "Battle of the Sexes With the Sauces?"

The possibilities are endless! You can create any type of sauce, from pasta sauces to marinades to dips, using Pampered Chef products such as our Quick Cooker or Food Chopper.

4. Do I need any prior cooking experience to participate in "Battle of the Sexes With the Sauces?"

No, you do not need any prior cooking experience to participate. The competition is meant to be fun and inclusive for all skill levels. Your consultant will provide guidance and tips throughout the competition.

5. What are the prizes for winning "Battle of the Sexes With the Sauces?"

The winning team will receive a special Pampered Chef prize, such as a set of kitchen tools or a cookbook. However, the real prize is the fun and memories created during the competition!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook
  • pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • slapsappyhappy