• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Slowing Down My Business: Current Challenges & Incentives

In summary, April has decided to slow down her business due to school taking up a lot of her time. She has a catalog show and a mystery host show scheduled, but is worried about not getting any incentives. Her recruiter and friend will be at the mystery host show and she hopes to book some cooking shows through her. She also plans to have a one-day sale in January to help a friend have a $500 show. April is struggling with only having a few shows booked and hopes that she can pick up more business in the summer, depending on her school schedule. Other PC consultants in the conversation remind April to prioritize her education and not stress about her business. They share their own experiences balancing school and PC, with the consensus being that family
Chef_2_Four
Since I have decided to slow my business down since school is taking up way to much time! :p There are all of these incentives and I most likely won't get any! I have one catalog show going right now and I have a mystery host show scheduled in a couple of weeks and 1 show booked for Jan. I am really hoping that some people will book some shows at my mystery host show. My recruiter/great friend will be there, so people can book cooking shows with her and I will take the catalog shows. So I guess we will see. I am going to have a 1 day sale in Jan to help my friend having the show so she can hopefully have a $500 show for more free products. I am doing my calls today about my mystery host show so hopefully i will get some responses from that! It is just hard going from doing 4 shows a month to just trying to have something booked so I can stay active. Hopefully this summer I can pick up and do some cooking shows. Depends on if I go to school this summer or not.

Take heart, April. Your schooling is more important than any incentives. One day soon you'll pick PC back up and run with it. In the meantime, keep your eye on the prize--your education.

Chef_2_Four said:
Since I have decided to slow my business down since school is taking up way to much time! :p There are all of these incentives and I most likely won't get any! I have one catalog show going right now and I have a mystery host show scheduled in a couple of weeks and 1 show booked for Jan. I am really hoping that some people will book some shows at my mystery host show. My recruiter/great friend will be there, so people can book cooking shows with her and I will take the catalog shows. So I guess we will see. I am going to have a 1 day sale in Jan to help my friend having the show so she can hopefully have a $500 show for more free products. I am doing my calls today about my mystery host show so hopefully i will get some responses from that! It is just hard going from doing 4 shows a month to just trying to have something booked so I can stay active. Hopefully this summer I can pick up and do some cooking shows. Depends on if I go to school this summer or not.

Hang in there, April. School comes first. I work full time and take two online classes and Im a single mom. PC comes second or third in my life. I LOVE it though! Im trying to keep my head above water because I want to stay with it until the clouds pass over! (school that is). Im doing what I can just stay afloat and I CAN'T wait until I can devote more time to it. Best of luck with both school and PC, April!:balloon:

I agree, don't be so bummed. Worry about school right now and then everything will fall into place. Good luck.

I'm so glad to see that PC consultants have their priorities in order! I have two children in school and they always take first place with me. Another "business" I had was all about how much the consultants ordered in wholesale because, of course, the director benefited from it. We were bashed for not attending weekly meetings because if we didn't show up, we wouldn't go up. If my daughter is cheering at a ballgame I'm going to watch her and not worry about a meeting I have. My PC director is absolutely wonderful and completely understands that we have children and they are involved in things and that we want to see them when they perform. This means the world to me and it's why I got out of the "other" business. I've missed several PC meetings during football season because my daughter was cheering on the nights of the meetings but I was never criticized for going to see her and not being at the meetings. I LOVE PC and I think the world of my director. She's always there for me no matter what.
Hang in there with school..........I didn't go to college till I was 32 years old with two kids, married, working fulltime. I made it through and am glad I did. I would much rather do PC fulltime but I can't quit my day job just yet. It'll be over soon and you can pick up where you left off with PC.
Just keep your priorities straight and you'll be fine. Your family and education come first!

That's the beauty of this business. YOU get to choose your priorities not your boss....But I feel your pain. I had to do the same and it's rough to feel like you are missing out. But you know PC, there will something new every year to work towards. You'll be fired up and have a lot of PC energy to burn on kicking it back up!!
Good luck in school!
:)

I have a very demanding full-time job that involves working at night A LOT. I also have loved ones dealing with medical issues, and that is taking a lot of my time. Oh, and I am getting this business off the ground.All that to say ... I feel your pain! And the reason I DO this business is so I can work it around MY schedule!Still .. I had hoped for a stronger start.

1. How can I effectively slow down my business without losing customers?

Sometimes it's necessary to slow down your business for various reasons, but it's important to do it in a way that doesn't negatively impact your customers. One way to do this is by communicating with your customers beforehand and explaining the reasons for the slowdown. You can also offer incentives, such as discounts or freebies, to keep them engaged and interested in your business.

2. What are the main challenges of slowing down a business?

Slowing down a business can come with its own set of challenges. Some of the main challenges include maintaining cash flow, managing inventory and staffing, and keeping customers satisfied. It's important to have a solid plan in place to overcome these challenges and ensure a smooth transition.

3. Are there any incentives or benefits to slowing down my business?

Yes, there can be several benefits to slowing down your business. It can give you time to reassess and improve your processes, catch up on administrative tasks, and even spend more time with family and friends. Additionally, slowing down can also help prevent burnout and allow you to come back stronger and more motivated.

4. How can I keep my employees motivated during a business slowdown?

It's important to keep your employees motivated and engaged during a business slowdown. One way to do this is by involving them in the decision-making process and communicating openly about the reasons for the slowdown. You can also offer incentives, such as training opportunities or flexible work hours, to keep them motivated and committed to the business.

5. What steps should I take to ensure a successful and smooth business slowdown?

To ensure a successful and smooth business slowdown, it's important to have a plan in place. This should include communicating with your customers and employees, managing your finances and inventory, and setting realistic goals and expectations. It's also important to regularly assess and adjust your plan as needed to ensure the success of your business slowdown.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
Gina M