1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Slice Potatoes into French Fries

1. TriciaAnn

TriciaAnn Member

Someone asked me if PC had a product that would slice potatoes into french fries. Should I suggest the Ulitmate Slice and Grate? What would you suggest if anything? HELP !! :confused:

Nov 3, 2005
  2. What about the crinkle cutter?

Nov 3, 2005
  3. TriciaAnn

TriciaAnn Member

3 items I suggested...

1. Crinkle Cutter
    2. U S & G
    3. Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer

Nov 3, 2005
  4. Pampered Zoe

Pampered Zoe Member

I make baked fries with the us&g once or twice a week. I just use the julienne slicer attachment, toss with a little olive oil and salt, and bake on the round stone for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. These are so awesome! I don't turn them or anything and they turn out perfect every time! I use this as a demo at shows, too! :)

Nov 3, 2005
  5. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

The Apple Wedger is great for home fries! Use it just like you would on an apple. Just cut the middle (core of the potato) into two wedges and you have even fries to cook. And of course, don't forget to toss them with a PC seasoning! :)

I don't use the US&G for fries because the julienne blade makes them too thin. But the apple corer slicer is great when you leave the peel on. I find that unless you have a bag of potatoes that are perfectly rounded on the outside, peeling them is tough! Hope that helps!

Nov 3, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted