1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Apple peeler/corer/slicer question

1. LeanneB.

LeanneB. Member

:rolleyes:I have a lady that called to see if you can use on potatoes to make curly fries. Has anyone tried this? I don't have one, so I have no clue. I didn't know if it sliced them and made them like a long piece. Please advise.:eek:

Mar 24, 2009
  2. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

it cuts them just like the apples - including cutting out a 'core'

Mar 24, 2009
  3. LeanneB.

LeanneB. Member

so, would this work for what she wants? I am a bit slow today :blushing:

Mar 24, 2009
  4. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I have heard that after its P/C/S you put 1 end on the rim of a bar pan & strech it to the other end spritz with some oil & bake them...HTH

Mar 24, 2009
  5. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

I make these - mix the cut potatoes with onion soup mix and olive oil and bake. quick and yummy.

Mar 24, 2009
  6. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

In the first cookbook we had ,"Busy Mom's", there is a recipe that calls for you to use the APC on potatoes, then lay them out in the 9x13 baker. Drizzell with a mixture of melted butter, pressed garlic and sliced green onions. Yum!
    Also, every year at Thanksgiving, I use it to peel potatoes, I loosen the slicing blade and move it to the side, don't want to slice and core, just peel!

Mar 25, 2009
Have something to add?