• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silicone Bakeware Floral CuPampered Chefake Pan??

for lemonade! :) I did use the large scoop and frosted them.The Consultant also suggested using a cake mold, but I didn't have one.Did you just follow lemon cake mix instructions? Did you frost? Large scoop?Forgive me if this suggestion has already been posted, but one of the Consultants in my downline suggested making ice molds with it. We decided... for lemonade! :) I did use the large scoop and frosted them.The Consultant also suggested using a cake mold, but I didn't have one.
I made brownies in them yesterday. I sprayed the pan with our spritzer and then dabbed each cup with a paper towel. They popped out perfectly and looked oh, so pretty!

I used the mix for 8x8 brownies and it was the perfect amount for this pan.

BethCooks4U said:
I made brownies in them yesterday. I sprayed the pan with our spritzer and then dabbed each cup with a paper towel. They popped out perfectly and looked oh, so pretty!

My husband was asking about doing brownies in them. Now I can tell him yeah but I need a smaller box cause I have the one that does a 13x9 pan. LOL
Thanks Beth for the info.

Beth,
When you did the brownies, how full did you fill the wells? I know brownies don't usually rise as much as cake, so I was just wondering........
Did you use one of our scoops? Thanks for any input, I was going to make mini brownie bites for my daughters kindergarten class, but now I think I'll make these, instead! They will look so pretty, and I'm hoping to "introduce" my PC business to her teacher! :)

koren said:
Made the ice molds for my open house yesterday. They were very easy and pretty- but they do like to float upside down because the top is fatter than the flower part. Still were pretty that way, though. I think if you filled them less full they might float pretty side up?

I thought that might be a problem! :rolleyes: I think no matter how shallow you make them, they're going to float upside down, due to the shape. Even if you only fill them halfway, they'll still be wider at the base, and will flip over.

chefjenibel said:
Beth,
When you did the brownies, how full did you fill the wells? I know brownies don't usually rise as much as cake, so I was just wondering........
Did you use one of our scoops? Thanks for any input, I was going to make mini brownie bites for my daughters kindergarten class, but now I think I'll make these, instead! They will look so pretty, and I'm hoping to "introduce" my PC business to her teacher! :)
I used a medium scoop and put about 1 1/2 scoops in each one. (ours? OF COURSE! :p )

My husband was asking about doing brownies in them. Now I can tell him yeah but I need a smaller box cause I have the one that does a 13x9 pan. LOL
Thanks Beth for the info.
Use the box you have and put the extra batter in the small bar pan! Or wait until the first batch is done and make more in the silicone cupcake pan.

chefmelody said:
I thought that might be a problem! :rolleyes: I think no matter how shallow you make them, they're going to float upside down, due to the shape. Even if you only fill them halfway, they'll still be wider at the base, and will flip over.

This might be a bit of work, but could you put a balloon blown up to about tie size of a golfball in the water before it freezes? Or something like that?

brownies... time?Hi,
I would like to make the brownies tomorrow and was wondering how longed you cooked them - the normal time on the box or a shorter time since they are individual sized?

I made the Powdered Sugar Pound Cakes - the recipe on the Product Use & Care - and they were awesome!! Everyone loved them and very easy to make. I already had everything here at the house - love the homemade taste. I didn't even coat them (because I have little ones who get sticky) with the glaze. Yummy...
Joanne

lisacb77 said:
I used it last night w/cake mix for cupcakes. Here's a tip, I think the medium scoop works just fine. That was all I had and I read how everyone was using large. SO...I used about a scoop & half per and filled them up. Needless to say the tops puffed like normal cupcakes and I had these weird looking creations!
I want to do this at a show tomorrow night with Spice Cake mix to make it more of a "fall" flavor. So, you'd recommend just filling it a scoop with the medium scoop? Or about 2/3rds full? Did you just follow the baking time instructions on the box for cupcakes? I'm going to practice it first to see how they turn out. I just thought I'd clarify a few things.

I am going to fill mine almost full next time! I filled them 2/3 full and they didn't even rise out of the mold! They were like mini cupckes! The tops round of whether they rise out or not, so I had to cut half off for them to be flat on the bottom. I would rather cut off a little bit that popped out of the mold than half the cupcake! I DID do my deed as a good citizen to not overstuff our landfills by easting all the stumps myslef, LOL!!

Anything I can do to help the good of the community!!

I tried mine last night and I loved it. I used a chocolate cake mix and I put caramel in the center.

I think it would be fun to do a hands on decorating show with these.

Gillian, you're funny.

I have to say, everytime I see your picture, I get cold thinking of you in Alaska with those bare shoulders!!

Now I sound just like my Grandma.

We had a heat wave of 60 degrees this week! The pic was taken in my bathroom before my makeup could be ruined by my babies, so it was nice and warm in there!

Wow, 60 degrees!

I have to say, I've always pictured Alaskan women to be few and far between. Also, I've always thought they'd be quite manly. Do you think that's wrong for the colder areas?

Well, if you have seen Men In Trees you would think that there are no women, but we are about 50/50 now. Plus I think that Men In Trees is filmed on the east coast, LOL! There are plenty of manly women here, but I don't know if there is more than anywhere else.

bbauman07 said:
I tried mine last night and I loved it. I used a chocolate cake mix and I put caramel in the center.

I think it would be fun to do a hands on decorating show with these.

How did you put in the caramel in the centers??? What kind of caramels? :)

Susan,
I bought a dessert kit with "liquid"/soft caramel ( I can't remember the name), so all I had to do was squeeze it out of the package. Then covered the caramel with cake mix.

bbauman07 said:
Susan,
I bought a dessert kit with "liquid"/soft caramel ( I can't remember the name), so all I had to do was squeeze it out of the package. Then covered the caramel with cake mix.

Ok thank you!!! Do you remember what kind?

Last edited:
Duncan Hines has some new signature desserts out. I haven't tried it yet but I have a box of "choclate molten lava cake" that makes cakes with a center of melted chocolate. Their website does not seem to show this product so I don't know if I'm part of a test market or if the website is just out-of-date.

The directions on my box say, fill muffin tins 2/3rd full with cake mix, put 1 tbsp of "fudgy filling" on top of the cake mix, bake.

I have seen that molten cake here in Alaska, and no one ever tests anything out on us. It is safe to say it is a real product. Like I have said before- The Alaskan way is
-Add $2 to any advertised price you see on TV
-Double the shipping chart for anything you order from Lower 48
-If it is cool in NY and L.A. it will be cool here in 8 years
-Commercials are designed to show you what life will be like in 5 years

The sad thing is some of you think I am joking! My local newspaper has had a countdown for the last three months to when an outside company buys our mall and clears it to build a Target. Yes, our mall is smaller than a Target. Anchorage people are up in arms because we are getting a Target before they are. It is a huge Target controversy! Sorry to change the subject again, I just had to whimper about living in the middle of nowhere!

gilliandanielle said:
I have seen that molten cake here in Alaska, and no one ever tests anything out on us. It is safe to say it is a real product. Like I have said before- The Alaskan way is
-Add $2 to any advertised price you see on TV
-Double the shipping chart for anything you order from Lower 48
-If it is cool in NY and L.A. it will be cool here in 8 years
-Commercials are designed to show you what life will be like in 5 years

The sad thing is some of you think I am joking! My local newspaper has had a countdown for the last three months to when an outside company buys our mall and clears it to build a Target. Yes, our mall is smaller than a Target. Anchorage people are up in arms because we are getting a Target before they are. It is a huge Target controversy! Sorry to change the subject again, I just had to whimper about living in the middle of nowhere!

That's funny. My uncle actually lived in Wasilla a long time ago; he works in Prudhoe Bay. He still does, but on his time off he lives in KS. (sorry still changing the subject)

I love the silicone pan--and I thought I would hate it! With walmart & everywhere else coming out with them, I kept wishing we wouldn't. But with the rim making it so much sturdier-I love that! The caramel sticky cakes are yum-o...I've got a devil's food cake mix I've been wanting to try in it. It's fun to make 'pretty' cupcakes; especially since I have little girls:)

its_me_susan said:
Ok thank you!!! Do you remember what kind?

Susan,
I don't remember the brand I think it might have been ducan hines. It was a blue box. It was called Complete Dessert Kit, I believe. I do remember the kind was called chocolate carmel. I'm going to try making it tonight with the caramel candies. I will let you know how it turns out.

I will look at the store to find out what the brand name is also.

I really want a regular silicone muffin pan so they can be frosted on the tops instead of the bottoms. Maybe in the spring...

I was really excited about this pan at conference and was dissappointed that I didn't earn it. I was planning to buy it, but borrowed my director's first. I am really glad that I did as I'm not such a huge fan of it since I've had the chance to use it. This is why:

1) If you don't get the air bubbles out of your batter then the flowers have little holes where the petals are supposed to be - and, I did do the trick where you tap it on the counter first.

2) you really can't ice them, I did make one batch with the lemon cake mixes that we got at conference and glazed them, that was nice.

3) I tried several kinds of batter in these pans, some thick batter and some thin batter (both homemade and from the box). I do not like the rounded bottoms that you get when they bake as they do not sit flat, the rounded bottom makes them tilt when you put them on a platter. Yes, I know I can cut the bottom off, but depending on what kind of batter you use they are 'sticky' and then really too small. I also found (in my limited research ;) ) that chocolate batter tended to rise higher and have a more rounded bottom that light colored batters. I used several size scoops when making these too. I made some where they rose completely out of the mold and I made some that were really small (sort of like petite-fours sp?). The little ones were really cute, only about half the size of the pan, but again they had the rounded bottoms. I guess this is why the Sticky Caramel Mini Cakes are plated on top of banan slices - so they won't wobble around on the plate.

Does anyone have a remedy for the rounded bottoms - other than cutting them off?

Linda

Last edited:
Yikes and I've been telling everyone that I'm going to be making the caramel sticky cakes at my October shows. I haven't made them yet but am planning on practicing soon. Any tips would be appreciated.

pamperedbecky said:
I want to do this at a show tomorrow night with Spice Cake mix to make it more of a "fall" flavor. So, you'd recommend just filling it a scoop with the medium scoop? Or about 2/3rds full? Did you just follow the baking time instructions on the box for cupcakes? I'm going to practice it first to see how they turn out. I just thought I'd clarify a few things.

Sorry Becky, I missed this one! Yes, I found when I used the medium scoop, I didn't get the muffin top puffing up problem. HTH!

I've been thinking about my rounded muffin bottom issue. I've been using my convection oven to cook them (which tends to make baked goods rise better) - that could be why I'm not loving this pan. I need to try them in my other oven and see if it's still a problem. I've used both the medium and large scoop to fill the pans and they both resulted in really rounded bottoms - the large more so than the medium.

I used my medium scoop and put 2 scoops in. My bottoms were somewhat rounded but not enough that i had to cut any off to get them to stand up. I made the sugar pound cakes again last night, I glazed them with lemon juice mixed with confectioners sugar. They are so cute! That is going to be my dessert and thank you to the host at tonight show. I placed them in the Glazed Square Stoneware Baker to promote stoneware.

BethCooks4U said:

beth how long did you cook them?

pamperedlinda said:
3) I tried several kinds of batter in these pans, some thick batter and some thin batter (both homemade and from the box). I do not like the rounded bottoms that you get when they bake as they do not sit flat, the rounded bottom makes them tilt when you put them on a platter. Yes, I know I can cut the bottom off, but depending on what kind of batter you use they are 'sticky' and then really too small. I also found (in my limited research ;) ) that chocolate batter tended to rise higher and have a more rounded bottom that light colored batters. I used several size scoops when making these too. I made some where they rose completely out of the mold and I made some that were really small (sort of like petite-fours sp?). The little ones were really cute, only about half the size of the pan, but again they had the rounded bottoms. I guess this is why the Sticky Caramel Mini Cakes are plated on top of banan slices - so they won't wobble around on the plate.

Oh my gosh!!! I would have gained 100 pounds if I had used my pan that many times already!!! ;)

I agree about the bubbles in the cake mix. I don't like that part of it at all.

GREAT tips from my hospitality director!!!! You with rounded cupcakes will LOVE me for posting this! hee hee.

As SOON as you take them out of the oven, flip them onto a cooling rack and leave that way for a full 10 minutes! While they are warm, they will FLATTEN out! If you lift up too soon, the cakes may break. 10 minutes seem to be perfect!

To frost - - bring 1/4th to 1/2 cup prepared frosting in a prep bowl to your party (or do beforehand). Microwave a full minute (it will boil, but not burn ~ creates like a ganache glaze). Then dip 12 cup cake tops in that. Bring sugar shaker with powdered sugar in it.

Ready for a dramatic presentation????
Put SA rectangular tray diagonally across the big SA square plate/server. Put 12 dipped cupcakes in rectangular tray. Put 6 unfrosted in each of the triangle sides and shake powdered sugar over them. Tada - wow factor!

to clean - use brush thing.

i am bringing these to my show tonight! Will suggest they freeze sorbets in the cupcake pans to serve with all the rich holiday deserts. Different flavors/colors for different flowers!

its_me_susan said:
GREAT tips from my hospitality director!!!! You with rounded cupcakes will LOVE me for posting this! hee hee.

As SOON as you take them out of the oven, flip them onto a cooling rack and leave that way for a full 10 minutes! While they are warm, they will FLATTEN out! If you lift up too soon, the cakes may break. 10 minutes seem to be perfect!

To frost - - bring 1/4th to 1/2 cup prepared frosting in a prep bowl to your party (or do beforehand). Microwave a full minute (it will boil, but not burn ~ creates like a ganache glaze). Then dip 12 cup cake tops in that. Bring sugar shaker with powdered sugar in it.

Ready for a dramatic presentation????
Put SA rectangular tray diagonally across the big SA square plate/server. Put 12 dipped cupcakes in rectangular tray. Put 6 unfrosted in each of the triangle sides and shake powdered sugar over them. Tada - wow factor!

to clean - use brush thing.

i am bringing these to my show tonight! Will suggest they freeze sorbets in the cupcake pans to serve with all the rich holiday deserts. Different flavors/colors for different flowers!

What great tips! I love the idea of the sorbet in them! How pretty that would look!

i used pam and they popped right out each time and the pan cleans up really nice. the receipe is great! i use the premade caramel sauce and strawberry fan and it is a show stopper. i dollop of cool whip on the side with a bit more caramel sauce looks charming, too. ooooh!

I just made brownies and "they just popped right out" is FAR from the way I would describe the experience. (But don't worry gillian, I'm doing my part and saving the rejects from the landfill!) I sprayed with pam first, cooled in pan for before trying to remove--they just looked like yuck! I'm trying again and this time will bake for longer (went about 22 min before). Any other suggestions before they come out of the oven!?!?!?!

straitfan said:
I just made brownies and "they just popped right out" is FAR from the way I would describe the experience. (But don't worry gillian, I'm doing my part and saving the rejects from the landfill!) I sprayed with pam first, cooled in pan for before trying to remove--they just looked like yuck! I'm trying again and this time will bake for longer (went about 22 min before). Any other suggestions before they come out of the oven!?!?!?!

Baked for a bout 35 min and they came out better. But still not the WOW factor I was looking for. Am trying a batch now with cheesecake swirl mix. Cross your fingers!

I tried the sticky carmel cakes for the 3rd time and it's a charm! The first two batches were to hard and not as moist and rounded at the bottoms. The 3rd time I tried them at my last show they came out perfect! YUMMY too! I used Pam all 3 times and they all just popped right out! I am going to try the pound cakes tonight and see how they turn out! I will try the lemon glaze to that sounds yummers!

pamperedbecky said:

I did 15 minutes and checked and watched. I have a convection oven, but I think these cook faster.

Just did the mini pound cake ones and everyone loved them! I also did the glaze but made it with milk and added a few squirts of lemon juice so it' wasn't too lemony. They tasted great! I can't wait to try brownies or regular cake mix cupcakes.

Ohhh, I never thought about brownies in there!! YUM!!

Oh boy Gill, so you mean you don't READ all the posts in these threads you are always in???

I used the pan for jello- I used cherry jello, but not all of them popped out of the pan properly. I think I got one rose to come out and it did look really pretty, but the others all just stuck to the bottom and the jello split when you try to pop them out. It also spread out on the plate, so I didn't have much success, but my dh said they tasted good!:D

You have to use the Jell-o Jigglers recipe, not the normal one.

For those of you who have tried the sticky caramel cakes from the SB--did you make the homemade caramel sauce or buy already made sauce? If already made, what kind do you buy? Is there a sauce or do you have to melt caramels? Thanks!

I tried the caramel sauce from the recipe for the mini cakes. At a show - of course. And, also of course, 2 days before we got the Weekly Bites from HO about adding the cream a teaspoon at a time. Well, of course, I tried to do it merely slowly. And it was a disaster. YUK!!! I haven't had a chance to try it again with the updated instructions.

But they go well with caramel sauce from the gorcery store, too. ;)

These cakes have been a huge hit at both shows I've demoed them.

The silicone on my pan split on the edge. :( I've had to enter an adjustment.

Hi Girls!

Well i'm using the pan for the first time tonight b/c a host wanted to see it. I, of course, forgot to bring my cooling rack (I packed for the show and am leaving directly from work). So I will use a regular cake mix, spray w/ pam first... bake according to directions? Fill the pan w/ 2 medium scoops??? Pop out and let cool.. sprinkle w/ powdered sugar (that I didnt forget! lol) Just want to be sure I have this right.

Any other tips? Anyone try the fudge? I'm making that tomorrow from the kids recipe book (its so good) and figure I'd use the pan as the mold.

Thanks!

Silicone Muffin Pan
its_me_susan said:
Has anyone used it yet??? I may have just gotten myself into using it as a B recipe for my Friday party... will tempt them to get us all together again soon! Ughhhh I'm nervous about using it. :)

Wow! just made these last night,. YUMMY and EASY! Because of the uproaching holiday we used Pumpkin/Spice cake mix. Follow directions on box as usual. Bak according to box. Use a (Pam type) of spray but, in a pinch where I was last not without any you can wipe some oil with a napkin in the cups NOT brush it, it won't stick. Worked GREAT. We dusted some with powdered sugar and dipped others in melted choclate either side looks pretty.
P.S. i too misplaced my use and care guide. Simply go on Consultants Corner and you can search product guides and get all info there. Good Luck.:)
Laurel

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas