• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sigh...i Have to Make a Computer Confession...

In summary, the conversation revolves around the popular Mac vs. PC commercials and the group's love for them. They discuss their favorite commercials and the actors involved, as well as their personal experiences with Mac and PC computers. They also touch on the topic of negative advertising and the impact of these commercials on their purchasing decisions. Overall, they all seem to enjoy the commercials and share a love for Apple products.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, I have a confession to make...

Although I am strictly a PC user, I secretly (well not anymore) love the Mac vs. PC commercials. :D

...just saw the one about getting rid of the bad Vista vibes...

...and the one about the stress ball...

I'm a Mac girl on a PC. I feel like such a traitor!

I like those commericals too Janet :)

Apple.com has them all online. It's all Mac's fault. :D

I LOVE :love: those commercials (and I am a PC girl too).

One of my favorites is the one about getting started, and PC mentions that he's in multiple boxes. But Mac climbs out of one box and announces that he's ready to go.

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone but our next purchase is a Mac. I have already let DH know that I have my crack Mac team online if we have any issues.

I love these too, and am also a total PC girl. They are just so funny (but kind of naughty at the same time, if you know what I mean). Generally I detest negative advertising, (tell me why I should buy YOUR product instead), but there's something about these. I guess because they don't totally bash the PC guy, just make you feel sorry for him... And I just think the mac guy is so cute!!

Justin Long. That's the Mac guy. He's been in a couple of movies, including the last Die Hard movie (out last summer) and Dodgeball (he was the wussy guy who wanted to be a cheerleader). And PC was a correspondent on The Daily Show. I don't consider them totally negative ads, because they don't completely bash PCs, and they do point out in a couple that for business apps, a PC is probably the way to go.

OK, so now I have a reason to rent the Die Hard movie :) I'm sure DH won't mind, LOL! Didn't ever see Dodgeball.

I agree about them not being overtly negative, and like I said, they really make you feel sorry for the PC guy more than anything. They're actually very clever, the way they put it as, "PC, it's not your fault", so you don't feel they are just slamming PCs (but really they are). I'll trust you on the business app. part, haven't seen those, we TIVO most everything we watch.

I hope this doesn't come across as argumentative, Ann, I don't mean it that way. And thanks for the movie info :) Any word on the job yet?

He's dating Drew Barrymore, too!

Anyway, I'm a PC user that would like to be an apple/MAC user. However as long as the computer works when I need it, I'm content with what I have! :)

I don't know if it's the same, but the commercial that has the little slim computer that fits in an envelope!! I am so intrigued!! I love that dang little computer!!!! I want it sooo bad! But my hubby says "no!" sigh.....:rolleyes: ;) :D :p

It's a Mac, but it's a specific model. That's the MacBook Air, which is actually designed to be a second computer, as there's no internal optical drive (CD, DVD), because no optical drives are thin enough to fit. A friend of mine has one, and DH was drooling over it. (But with 5 running Macs in the house, the last thing we need is another one!)

Shhh... we just switched to Mac, too.altho the old PC is still running.... in the back room... kind of like a bastard step child that we feed occasionally. LOL-meryl

I have 2 at my aunts, & my parents have 2 in their house!! We love Apple products.

Mwalker said:
altho the old PC is still running.... in the back room... kind of like a bastard step child that we feed occasionally.
That's exactly how I felt about my old Windows laptop that I used for PP/P3! Until I got my MacBook that can run Boot Camp and Parallels. :)

I think they're funny, too. I just got a cheap Compaq laptop for my shows and it came with Vista. I told my BIL, who is a Mac/Apple lover, and he said, "Oh, I'm sorry!" ;)

Love the commercials. I've been a Justin Long fan since he was on the TV show Ed. I don't think of the commercials as negative, either. The PC guy is sweet and nerdy. They poke a bit of fun, but I think it engenders more sympathy for the PC guy than anything else.

raebates said:
Love the commercials. I've been a Justin Long fan since he was on the TV show Ed. I don't think of the commercials as negative, either. The PC guy is sweet and nerdy. They poke a bit of fun, but I think it engenders more sympathy for the PC guy than anything else.

Slight hijack....

I LOVED the show ED, and thought Justin Long's character was hilarious!

Related to Sigh...i Have to Make a Computer Confession...

1. What is "Sigh...I Have to Make a Computer Confession..." about?

"Sigh...I Have to Make a Computer Confession..." is a blog post written by a frustrated computer user who needs to confess their struggles with technology.

2. Why did the author feel the need to make this confession?

The author felt the need to make this confession because they were struggling with technology and needed to vent their frustrations and seek support from others who may be experiencing similar issues.

3. Is this confession specific to a certain type of computer or technology?

No, this confession is not specific to any particular type of computer or technology. The author is simply sharing their overall struggles with technology in general.

4. What can I expect to gain from reading "Sigh...I Have to Make a Computer Confession..."?

By reading "Sigh...I Have to Make a Computer Confession...", you can expect to gain a sense of camaraderie and understanding if you also struggle with technology. The post may also offer some helpful tips and advice for dealing with technology frustrations.

5. Can I share my own technology struggles in response to this post?

Absolutely! The author encourages readers to share their own technology struggles and offer support to one another in the comments section of the blog post.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • lesliec