1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Shows with the Trifle Bowl

1. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

Okay it is getting close to the holidays and I was wanting to start doing shows with the trifle bowl. What are some recipes you have done at shows???

2. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

chocolate banana cream trifle...everyone loved it!
    punch bowl dessert...you layer-yellow cake pieces, vanilla pudding, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, whip cream, and then repeat...this is very yummy (however not very holiday festive.

also you could use the trifle as a centerpiece and showcase that for the holiday decorations...i am doing this....getting some christmas balls to put in one, and then a candle with cranberries in another, they are great decorations!!

Oct 7, 2009
  3. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

why wait for the holidays?? I use the trifle bowl at EVERY show!!! It has really increased my sales on that piece. Normally, it's just an addon that I pay for, since I do it cheap! I use a boxed brownie mix, 2 pkgs of pudding and cool whip.
    I have also Janet's chocolate peanut butter cup recipe, and then I use a bunch of variations of the one I mentioned earlier, and also using angel food cake, fresh fruit and cool whip.
    At my Open Houses, I use it as a punch bowl (one can frozen cranberry juice/one can frozen limeade/one 2-liter bottle of ginger ale). HTH!!!

Oct 7, 2009
  4. beckyjsmith

beckyjsmith Member

You know what else is fabulous about a trifle bowl? If you mess up a dessert, you can just turn it into a trifle! Cut up the brownies or cake that stuck to the pan, add some cool whip and pudding, maybe some cream cheese and throw sprinkles/nuts/fruit on top and voila!
    Of course ours is even better than the average trifle bowl because of the detachable base and the lid... easy to store, wash , and most importantly transport. It's a total must have. :)

Oct 7, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Ooh, I like that! :sing: Good selling point, and who among us hasn't had a cake that doesn't look quite so pretty but still tastes awesome?! I know that I have! But I have never thought about turning it into a trifle! I'm so excited! I am going to use that in my personal life and use it for my shows! Thank you! :balloon:

Oct 7, 2009
  6. melindagilbert

melindagilbert Member

If you search for Trifle Bowel recipes so much comes up

7. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I did the Lime Berry Trifle at a beauty shop after hours show and one lady ordered everything that I talked about or used. She paid cash $450.00.

Oct 16, 2009
  8. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

I've had some issues with the Trifle Bowl but the Chocolate Rasberry Cookie Trifle passed my worst critic - my boyfriend's test.

jj16

Oct 16, 2009
  9. Hi Lisa, I know this is an old post, but just came across it. Do you put the frozen cran juice and frozen limeade in the trifle bowl frozen and then just pour the gingerale over it? Please advise. Thanks!
    Lorelei

10. TheFreddiesCook

TheFreddiesCook Member

How did you get to do a show at a beauty shop? how did you coach the owner? I'd like to know- I was thinking of doing that at my hair salon but am not sure how to approach them abou it. Would you share? thanks!

Have something to add?