• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Make Ahead Recipes for Tasting Show

In summary, the Sweet Sprinkles in cream cheese and the Oil Dipping Seasoning made into a dip (what do I mix this with), the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, and the egg casseroles will be available at the Tasting Show at an elementary school next Tuesday at 3 p.m.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
I have a Tasting Show at an elementary school next Tuesday at 3 p.m. There isn't facilities to cook so she has asked if I can bring some things to sample. I am thinking the Sweet Sprinkles in cream cheese and the Oil Dipping Seasoning made into a dip (what do I mix this with). I also wanted to do a "WOW" recipe in either the Trifle Bowl or the DCB (maybe the new Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp). I would appreciate any ideas. With SAT, I want as big a show as possible!

Thanks for the help!

I forgot my sauces to put over my cream cheese, but had everything else. At last minute I mixed the oil dipping seasoning in the cream cheese. It actually turned out great!!! I'm not sure of the measurements though, I just guessed.

When we did our presentation at the high school in September, we made the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares and some egg casseroles. If you do anything in a stone and cover it with foil (or, keep the lid on the DCB), it will stay warm for a couple of hours, so you can do anything ahead of time and not need the kitchen facilities.

pampchefsarah said:
When we did our presentation at the high school in September, we made the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares and some egg casseroles. If you do anything in a stone and cover it with foil (or, keep the lid on the DCB), it will stay warm for a couple of hours, so you can do anything ahead of time and not need the kitchen facilities.

I'd be careful with this. Health codes are very strict about serving temps, etc...and being that the show is in a public place, and not a home...I'd stay away from something that is supposed to be served hot. Sorry - my experience as a Personal Chef speaking there, but it's best and safest for everyone to follow health codes.

I'd bake some Pillsbury french bread on a stone, and cut it into cubes, and serve it with oils w/ dipping seasonings.

Cream cheese w/ the pineapple rum sauce, and pretzels or crackers.

The Pumpkin Trifle is DELICIOUS!! Most of my guests have been mmmmm and ahhhing. They request the recipe often, so I assume they truly have enjoyed it.

I got it from here:

Ingredients
1 pkg. spice cake mix
1 large pkg. (6.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding, divided
1 (15 oz.) can pureed pumpkin, divided
½ cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 large tub (16 oz.) whipped topping, divided

Directions
1. Cake: Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish, or use our stones and skip this step. Combine cake mix, 2 tbsp. of the vanilla pudding mix, ½ of the pumpkin puree, ½ cup water, ½ cup oil, and 3 eggs. Mix on low for 30 seconds, then medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 38-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (You can also use our Fluted Pan and Microwave for 10-11 minutes, instead.) Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, and then remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. (Set aside about ¼ of the cake for another use.) Cut into 1-inch cubes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, combine remainder of pudding mix, ½ cup water, sweetened condensed milk, remaining pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice (Our Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend works great with this). Mix well. Fold in just under half of the whipped topping until no streaks remain.
3. Assemble: Place 1/3 of the cake cubes in bottom of trifle bowl. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, then 1/3 of the whipped topping. Repeat twice for a total of 3 layers. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving. Sprinkle with Our Sweet Caramel Sprinkles and Voila!

(Optional: add 1 cup chopped toasted pecans and/or 1 cup English toffee bits in the layers)

Also, maybe you can prepare the cups in the avocado salsa cup recipe ahead of time....make the avocado filling there? Would show off the salad chopper, stainless steel bowls, mix n mash? Or the mini carrot cakes?

What are some make ahead recipes for a tasting show?

Some popular make ahead recipes for a tasting show include mini quiches, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit kabobs, vegetable platters with dip, and mini cheesecakes.

Can these make ahead recipes be prepared the night before?

Yes, all of these recipes can be prepared the night before and refrigerated until the event. Just be sure to cover and store them properly to maintain freshness.

Are there any vegetarian options for make ahead recipes?

Absolutely! Vegetable platters with dip, fruit kabobs, and mini cheesecakes are all vegetarian-friendly options that can be made ahead of time.

Can I substitute ingredients in these make ahead recipes?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions in these recipes to accommodate dietary restrictions or personal preferences. Just make sure to adjust cooking times and temperatures accordingly.

Where can I find more make ahead recipes for a tasting show?

You can find a variety of make ahead recipes on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe books. You can also ask your Pampered Chef consultant for recommendations and ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Donna Partlo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • jen5512
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PC_Megan