• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show With Retirees - Need Suggestions!

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant trying to figure out what products to bring to a show for retirees. Some suggestions include small stoneware pieces, kitchen gadgets, and holiday gifts. It is also advised not to pre-judge the retirees and to ask everyone for their interests and needs. A story is shared about a successful sale from a retiree who was initially not invited to the show. The main point is to not judge or exclude anyone and to offer a variety of products to cater to different needs and budgets.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a good friend who is hosting a show for me - she teaches a Music Class for Sr. Citizens, and invited them all to her show - well 15 of them are coming! I've never actually had alot of retirees at my shows (except for the host's grandma etc), and when I do have them, they buy a mini spatula, or the jar opener - and that's it.
What can I do - what can I bring that will spark their interest? Here is what I have thought of so far:

Small Stoneware pieces
8 inch skillet
micro cookers
jar opener
easy opener

my mind is going blank - what else would you suggest?

Don't forget holiday gifts for their families. A lot of retirees are on a fixed income, so sometimes I'll let them do a purchase plan - but I don't give them the products until they have finished paying...unless I know them well.

Food chopper, quick stir picher, kitchen shears,vegetable peeler,heart trivet, hot pad/trivet and silicone oven mitt..

You might want to do a file search: click files in the menu, search on the word "gift", and look for words like grandma/older/retiree in those files.

Stoneware Inspirations cookbook
Small Spreader - I always say you may not cook, but everyone makes sandwiches.
Prep bowls are a good thing too. If someone is diabetic and needs to portion their food these are a good thing to have.
Cutting board w/cups
Handy Scraper
Easy Opener
Ice Cream Scoop
Think about arthritis! I bought my boss an easy opener for her Christmas basket because she has arthitis in her hands. She commented on how hard it is for her to open bottles and lift pop can tops.
Hope this helps.

Don't pre-judge them is all I can say...I've had some that were the $3.50 vegetable peeler buyers and some that spent over $100 on ALL KINDS of stuff. Just do with them what you do with everyone else...find out how much they cook, what they cook etc...

My grandma just did a small catty show and she sold bread tubes to every single person! :) All 6 of them!

The pie gate, baker's roller, and can opener are also big sellers for older people. I did a show a few months ago that was all retired people. It was 5 people and the show as over $400...so don't go into it thinking they will not spend.

Don't forget to mention the JAR OPENER!!!!

I had a retiree buy the Roasting Pan at FULL PRICE!!

DebbieJ said:
I had a retiree buy the Roasting Pan at FULL PRICE!!
WOW!!! I am not even sure I would do that! I earned it for free from a promo that was going on when I joined.

Some retirees are on a fixed income and will come looking for tools that will help them save money in the kitchen.

Some are in a better situation financially, physically, and mentally and come prepared to replace their old, worn out tools.

I'd definitely mention the smaller stoneware and the gadgets people listed above (jar opener, etc.). But don't forget the newer things, too. The silicone cupcake pan would be fantastic for retirees, because it's light weight.

I had another consultant tell this story at a cluster meeting.

When she arrived at a home for a show, she asked the host how many would be attending and started unpacking her van. The hosts next door neighbor; a retiree, saw her unpacking and asked if she needed any help, then she saw the car magnets and asked for information about PC. Of course the consultant explained what she was doing there and what types of products we sell. Then she asked if she was coming to the show, neighbor said no, she was not invited.
Apparently she was too old, host only invited her young neighbors. The neighbor in turn took a catalog because her grand daughter was getting married and was looking for a wedding gift. She turned in an order over $600.:eek:
the moral of the story: don't judge your guests or neighbors.
ASK EVERYONE :p

Chef Diane said:
I had another consultant tell this story at a cluster meeting.

When she arrived at a home for a show, she asked the host how many would be attending and started unpacking her van. The hosts next door neighbor; a retiree, saw her unpacking and asked if she needed any help, then she saw the car magnets and asked for information about PC. Of course the consultant explained what she was doing there and what types of products we sell. Then she asked if she was coming to the show, neighbor said no, she was not invited.
Apparently she was too old, host only invited her young neighbors. The neighbor in turn took a catalog because her grand daughter was getting married and was looking for a wedding gift. She turned in an order over $600.:eek:
the moral of the story: don't judge your guests or neighbors.
ASK EVERYONE :p

I always tell my hosts a story similar to that one - except my host didn't invite her wealthy friend (figured she wouldn't be interested in PC!) Well the $$ friend found out about the party from another (invited) friend, and called to find out why she hadn't been invited! So, last minute, she ended up coming to the party - spent almost $400, has since had several VERY successful shows of her own, and orders about $500 from me every Dec. for Christmas gifts for family! Same moral to the story - except I also add "people will never be offended if you invite them, but they may be offended if you don't!"

The results.....Just wanted to let you guys know the results of the retiree's show!

there were 17 in attendance, and right now the show is at $700! most of them had been to PC shows before , there were 3 who hadn't. I gave them a Twixit and told them how glad I was that they had chosen to come! We talked about favorite products, and they sold the stuff for me! Big sellers were 8" saute pans, micr-cookers, ice cream scoops(apparently ice cream is very important in the lives of Sr. Citizens - as it should be!;) ) jar openers, and the new mix n masher!
Thanks for all your help and encouragement!

Congrats Becky!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I always tell my hosts a story similar to that one - except my host didn't invite her wealthy friend (figured she wouldn't be interested in PC!) Well the $$ friend found out about the party from another (invited) friend, and called to find out why she hadn't been invited! So, last minute, she ended up coming to the party - spent almost $400, has since had several VERY successful shows of her own, and orders about $500 from me every Dec. for Christmas gifts for family! Same moral to the story - except I also add "people will never be offended if you invite them, but they may be offended if you don't!"

exactly, that is what I tell my hosts. People like to know they are wanted or thought of. If you don't invite them they think you don't really like them. The same thing goes for recruiting. Offer, offer, offer. I have a couple of similar stories about that too, but I won't. Never offend someone by not inviting them, whether it be to a show or for the opportunity.

What are some popular cooking tools and gadgets for retirees?

Some popular cooking tools and gadgets for retirees include easy grip kitchen knives, ergonomic can openers, non-slip cutting boards, and electric vegetable peelers. These tools help make cooking and meal preparation easier and more convenient for those with limited dexterity or strength.

What are some easy and healthy recipe ideas for retirees?

Some easy and healthy recipe ideas for retirees include sheet pan meals, slow cooker soups and stews, and one-pot dishes. These types of meals require minimal prep and clean-up, making them perfect for retirees who may not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

What are some tips for organizing a successful cooking show for retirees?

Some tips for organizing a successful cooking show for retirees include promoting the event through local retirement communities and senior centers, offering a variety of recipes and cooking techniques, and providing easy-to-follow recipe cards for attendees to take home. It's also important to create a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for the retirees to enjoy the cooking demonstration.

Are there any specific products that are popular among retirees?

Some specific products that are popular among retirees include multi-purpose cookware, such as a Dutch oven or cast iron skillet, electric pressure cookers, and non-stick baking sheets and pans. These products are versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking methods, making them convenient for retirees who may not have a lot of space for multiple kitchen tools.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show for retirees?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show for retirees can provide a fun and interactive experience for seniors, as well as introduce them to new and innovative cooking tools and techniques. It also allows them to socialize and connect with others who share a love for cooking and trying new recipes. Additionally, the host can earn free products and discounts on their own Pampered Chef purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikki70563
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Humble Beginnings