• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show Tonight and Babysitter Cancelled

In summary, the speaker is facing a last-minute dilemma for childcare for her kids while she has a show tonight. Her in-laws were supposed to watch them but are now sick, her husband is working late, her parents are busy, and her best friend just had a baby. The speaker suggests bringing her kids to the show, but advises to call the host first and make sure it is okay. She also recommends having activities for the kids during the show and communicating with the host beforehand.
bgraham
I have a show tonight and my in-laws were supposed to watch my kids. They've just informed me that they are all throwing up and can't do it. (Well, that's the story they're giving me, anyway).

My husband has to work til 11:00, my parents are going to a play and my best friend just had a baby. I don't know what to do.

My host is a previous host. Her step daughter and grandchildren go to church with me. Could I just take my kids with me? They are 7 and 9.

Help!

Beth

If I were you I would definately call the host and ask her before you would do that though.

I agree, call your host. I would think that a 7 and 9 year old would be fine, but you know your children, will they be good while your there and not interrupt or cause distraction?

How old is the hostess children? Could they baby sit for you? But I agree call the host...since she has children I am sure she will understand.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I know how stressful and overwhelming it can be when plans suddenly change and you are left scrambling for a solution. First and foremost, I hope your in-laws feel better soon and that it is just a temporary illness.

In regards to your show tonight, I completely understand your dilemma. It sounds like you have exhausted all other options for childcare. If you feel comfortable bringing your kids with you, then by all means, go for it! I have had previous hosts bring their kids to shows before and it has worked out just fine. In fact, it can be a great opportunity for them to see what you do and maybe even get involved in helping out with some of the cooking demonstrations.

If you do decide to bring your kids, just make sure to have some activities or games for them to do during the show so they are not distracting or bored. And of course, let your host know ahead of time so they can be prepared as well.

I hope everything works out for you tonight and your show is a success. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Take care!

Related to Show Tonight and Babysitter Cancelled

1. What is the best way to handle a situation where the babysitter cancels on the night of a Pampered Chef show?

In the event that your babysitter cancels on the night of your Pampered Chef show, the best course of action would be to reach out to any friends or family members who may be available to help with childcare. You can also try contacting a local babysitting service to see if they have any last-minute availability. If all else fails, it may be necessary to reschedule the show for another day when you have reliable childcare in place.

2. Can I still host a successful Pampered Chef show if I have to bring my children with me?

Yes, it is still possible to have a successful Pampered Chef show even if you have to bring your children with you. However, it's important to set expectations with your guests beforehand and make sure they are comfortable with children being present during the show. You may also want to prepare some activities or snacks for your children to keep them occupied during the presentation.

3. Will the Pampered Chef consultant be able to assist with childcare during the show?

The Pampered Chef consultant's primary focus during the show is to present and demonstrate products, take orders, and answer any questions from guests. While they may be able to keep an eye on your children briefly, it's not their responsibility to provide childcare during the show. It's important to have a separate plan in place for childcare so the consultant can focus on providing a great experience for your guests.

4. What if I can't find a replacement babysitter and I still want to host the show?

If you are unable to find a replacement babysitter and still want to host the show, you can consider having a virtual show instead. This way, you can still share the Pampered Chef products and have your guests place orders, but you can do so from the comfort of your own home and without the need for childcare. Your consultant can assist you in setting up a virtual show and ensuring it runs smoothly.

5. Is it appropriate to bring my children to a Pampered Chef show at someone else's house?

It's always best to check with the host beforehand, but in most cases, it's not appropriate to bring your children to a Pampered Chef show at someone else's house. The host may have specific preferences or restrictions on children being present, and it's important to respect their wishes. If you are unable to find childcare, it may be best to politely decline the invitation and offer to host your own show at a later date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mgranich
  • pamperedcheermom