• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bad Show Tonight - I'm to Blame!

In summary, Heather's show this afternoon was not as successful as her last show and she is hoping for a better outcome with her show tomorrow. She offers a sheet to her hostess that helps keep track of the sales and offers encouragement.
chefheather
I drove home from my show tonight thinking, why didn't I do my job right?! The show is currently at $150 in sales; however, I did get a future booking. The host was expecting more guests and they all "cancelled at the last minute".

I'm guilty of taking a passive approach to coaching my hosts so I'm not surprised by this show - I know it's my fault. I need to remember this feeling the next time I'm afraid of sounding pushy and coaching my host to a good show.

I know what I need to do, I just haven't made it a habit of doing it. Time to turn over a new leaf....

I think we all hve shows like that, so dont beat yourself up about it. Learn from it and your next show will be great!!

It's easy to blame yourself for a lousy show...and most hosts know what they need to do. I, however, make sure that I contact my hosts at least 3 times, usually like 4-5 times. I remember something else to ask them as soon as I hang up the phone with them. I actually called my host of tomorrow's show tonight, and she had no idea how many are coming...at least 6 - maye as many as 12. So, it's not on me then. I host coached this one good, and she still has no clue. I know, it doesn't help me, but I can't beat myself up about it. I think most everyone on here has felt the same way you do right now...including myself. Your next show should be better. Keep your chin up!

Thanks Stacie and Chris...you're right and I know you're right. I shouldn't beat myself up about this. I guess in the past I've left the success of my show up to the host (and/or up to chance). Chris, like your show tonight - I realize that even if I coach my host to the best of my ability, the show still might not be what I would hope for (by the way - good luck at your show tonight)...however, at least I'll be able to say I did all I could.

I have a show this afternoon and another tomorrow afternoon - perhaps one of them will restore my faith (for a lack of a better word).

Thanks again ladies!

Heather, we all have those shows. Put this behind you, and move ahead. Take the advice of your Robert Collier quote, and you'll be fine.

Not your faultHeather don't feel bad. The best host coach ever cannot stop people from cancelling at the last minute. Sometimes a show is just not meant to be one of our best. It is great you have seen some things you would like to improve on, and maybe try for next time, but don't blame yourself. I'm sure you did a fantastic job and we all run our businesses the way we feel comfortable.
I hope she works hard to gather those outside orders and then it won't feel so bad. I have coached and coached until I was blue in the face but unfortunately I have run into hosts who just want the host special and will get that $150 to make it a show! :rolleyes:

Debbie :D

Thanks so much for the positive words ladies. I LOVE THIS SITE!! Today is a new day and my show this afternoon will be a different than last night's show.

I had a show like this as well. The host was just as upset as I was.( I didn't tell her) So she rebooked a show and did $884 in sales at her next one. Keep positive. It will all workout.

I would give the host a bingo card, where you have about 50 squares and sell them at 2$ each. Depending of how many you sell, if she would fill up the sheet she would get $100 and then just do a draw. That person would the amount that they sold for. Brings up the sales. I offer this sheet to all of my hostess.

Good Luck!!
Tina

Related to Bad Show Tonight - I'm to Blame!

What is "Bad Show Tonight - I'm to Blame!"?

"Bad Show Tonight - I'm to Blame!" is a cooking demonstration event where the consultant takes responsibility for any mistakes or mishaps during the show.

How does "Bad Show Tonight - I'm to Blame!" benefit the audience?

This event allows the audience to see the consultant's vulnerability and how they handle mistakes, creating a more personal and relatable experience. It also provides a fun and lighthearted atmosphere for learning about Pampered Chef products.

What happens if there are no mistakes during the show?

If there are no mistakes during the show, the consultant will still take the blame and find a creative way to make light of the situation. This can include playfully blaming the audience or creating a fun "fake" mistake to showcase how they handle it.

Do I still get to learn about Pampered Chef products during "Bad Show Tonight - I'm to Blame!"?

Absolutely! "Bad Show Tonight - I'm to Blame!" is still a cooking demonstration where the consultant will showcase and educate the audience on various Pampered Chef products and recipes. The only difference is the added element of humor and vulnerability.

Is there an additional cost for "Bad Show Tonight - I'm to Blame!"?

No, there is no additional cost for this event. It is a unique and fun twist on a regular Pampered Chef cooking demonstration and is included in the consultant's services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies