• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Gift Your FedEx Delivery Person Despite Service Issues?

In summary, according to this conversation, people usually give their FedEx people gifts or thank them for delivering their packages.
ameliasurf
hye just wondering.... has anyone every talked to their fed ex person or given them a gift for delivering their packages?

if so... any ideas?

That's a good idea. Might make him stop putting my package in front of the door where I can't get in.

I often leave a loaf of bread from the mini-load pan when there is a pick up or if I see him. He delivers in the afternoon when we are outside playing so it's easy to do. I don't ever expect this very friendly guy to do anything with Pampered Chef but he treats me right. Victor is his name and he is the best! He deserves any food I give him.

Um, my person rings and runs so fast I have no chance to pamper him or her. LOL!

You mean there is an actual person who drops those packages off? I've never seen or met my FedEx person! They typically don't even ring the bell. And most of the time I'm at work when they drop stuff off. But it does sound like a very good idea you never know what you will get from it.

I don't pamper my delivery driver, but our National Account Rep. for work is one of my best customers. :)

wadesgirl said:
You mean there is an actual person who drops those packages off? I've never seen or met my FedEx person! They typically don't even ring the bell. And most of the time I'm at work when they drop stuff off. But it does sound like a very good idea you never know what you will get from it.

LOL!! I've never met mine either, but DH is usually around, so I'm sure he's met him. Wonder what DH would say if I asked him to give the fed-ex guy a gift next time he came....;).....would probably tell me I'm crazy! hehe

PChefPEI said:
LOL!! I've never met mine either, but DH is usually around, so I'm sure he's met him. Wonder what DH would say if I asked him to give the fed-ex guy a gift next time he came....;)

ROFLOL! That would start rumors with you and/or him!

DebbieJ said:
Um, my person rings and runs so fast I have no chance to pamper him or her. LOL!
No doubt!!! My guy literally runs up to the door, drops the package in a chair I've got, rings the bell and runs back to his truck!

PChefPEI said:
LOL!! I've never met mine either, but DH is usually around, so I'm sure he's met him. Wonder what DH would say if I asked him to give the fed-ex guy a gift next time he came....;).....would probably tell me I'm crazy! hehe
There are times when we come home from work with no packages at the door and then leave later on to find packages there. Sometimes we don't even hear the truck outside!

That's a good idea. Might make him stop putting my package in front of the door where I can't get in.

Or at the back, where we both risk life, limb and breakage to get it past the icy sidewalk!

But I've only SEEN him once ...

I see mine everyday at my work...it would be kind of weird. Although when he does have to deliver to my home and work on the same day he tells me where he left it or if he left it with my neighbor who is also a consultant and good friend of mine. hmm....

I actually saw mine the other day. We were in the midst of an ice storm when he delivered my supply package. I never would have noticed if I didn't catch a glimpse of him doing this little baby step shuffle down the steep side of my drive way. I couldn't figure out why he was walking like that until I noticed the icy overlay. I was actually daydreaming of sneaking out the back and scaring him, making him slide the rest of the way down.:D

see ...mine is a girl that delivers the packages and i think it is the last one on her route!

I haven't done anything for my driver - but he's awesome - his name is Rodney and he brings my packages into my living room when I'm home. Gotta love that service:)

Gina M said:
I haven't done anything for my driver - but he's awesome - his name is Rodney and he brings my packages into my living room when I'm home. Gotta love that service:)

DITTO Gina!!

My FedEx man is Chris and he is very personable and very likeable. Whne it rains and I am not home, he wraps my packases and neatly stacks them nest to my front door.

I gave him a $25.00 SUBWAY card for Christmas and he left me a thank you card...

I feel so Pampered by him :balloon: :angel: :sing:

My Fedex lady will bring in my packages when I am home. When I got my samples of paper work for spring, she handed me the box and said "here's your catalogs!" I think she delivers to all the consultant in town (there is only 5 or 6 of us). She is wonderful to me.

I have never seen my driver. He drops...and I mean literally drops...my packages onto my concrete porch and leaves. He has never knocked on the door. My husband has a catering business across the drive-way from our house, so trucks and cars are in and out of here all the time. I don't even pay attention to it anymore. One day I heard a loud bang at the front door...I was sitting at the kitchen table and by the time I walked across the room to the door the fedex guy was gone. He must have just threw the box on the porch. I have never received a Sample box or show boxes that was fully intact. They are all half opened or smashed. If it wasn't for the little post-it note on the door I would think he threw them from his truck...LOL But, I always get my packages on time and they have never been lost or left at someone else's house. So I will take the good with the bad as long as nothing gets broken.

DebbieJ said:
This made me laugh this morning! My guy doesn't even ring! Just drops & runs, lol! I do know who he is though, because he gets gas in his truck at my family's gas station.

DebbieJ said:

Are you sure we don't share the same person?

Although I am not sure I get the same person each time myself! Once, I was making the pretzal wreaths, and the bell rang (it was a couple of boxes) so I was able to give him one of those, but since...nada.

It would be nice if they greeted us, especially if there are two cars in the driveway. What happened to customer service?

I have seen mine on 2 occasions, when I've happened to be where I could see him pull in - but he won't look at me or speak to me. My boxes always reek of cigarette smoke. My last supply order, instead of leaving it where it was dry under the eave by the service entrance, he left in a snow bank at the bottom of the porch. It was just a matter of sitting it to the left, or to the right - and he chose the snowbank over the dry concrete? Why???? Good thing I found it before my supplies were soaked!

My guy is great! I'm 3 weeks away from having a baby and he will not let me bring the boxes in. He always wraps them in plastic if we aren't home and stacks them neatly beside the door. I never thought to give him a home made treat! Thanks!

buckeyefan08 said:
My guy is great! I'm 3 weeks away from having a baby and he will not let me bring the boxes in. He always wraps them in plastic if we aren't home and stacks them neatly beside the door. I never thought to give him a home made treat! Thanks!

Wow that is awfully sweet of him! Why can't there be more like that around? I guess maybe there are, but we don't always get to get the "good stories"

My Fedex guy doesn't even knock or ring the bell. He just drops and runs. He also leaves thing at the wrong door.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have seen mine on 2 occasions, when I've happened to be where I could see him pull in - but he won't look at me or speak to me. My boxes always reek of cigarette smoke. My last supply order, instead of leaving it where it was dry under the eave by the service entrance, he left in a snow bank at the bottom of the porch. It was just a matter of sitting it to the left, or to the right - and he chose the snowbank over the dry concrete? Why???? Good thing I found it before my supplies were soaked!
Maybe we have the same guy.

SassyCook said:
My Fedex guy doesn't even knock or ring the bell. He just drops and runs. He also leaves thing at the wrong door.

oh my goodness we must have the same fedex guy, boy he has a long way to travel LOL! i have had to call fedex several times just in the last 2 months. i think out of all the packages i've had delivered to me he has only delivered them to the correct address maybe 4 times. and one time i had the rep from my home office call me a liar, i was given the supervisor's cell number and called him, not sure how much good that did, but i still have it just in case i ever need to contact them again. and they know me very well, the last time i called in the lady said yes, you you've called in a few times before and i said yes and i will continue to call everytime they mess up, yes i understand people make mistakes, but it shouldn't be as many times as my guy. and what's so funny is he knows where i live because of the times he's actually gotten it right, but somehow still seems to deliver to the wrong place. go figure lol!

Probably not my fed ex guy but I have thought about pampering my mail man (oops, I mean "mail carrier"). He once mentioned that his wife has the simple additions. Although he called it "those ceramic plates." LOL!

SassyCook said:

Sounds like most of them like to play ding-dong ditch!

I should make some goodies up for mine...he's going to have a workout this week...2 shows and supply order.

My guy is great! He rings the bell, brings the packages in to my living room too when we are home (leaves them on my patio hidden when I'm not home). I've given him a twix it package to which he said I know my wife will loves these and thanks. He gets brownies, blondies, cookies or whatever I have baked and takes a catalog when the new season comes out. He says that one of these days he will surprise me with an order when I least expect it. I met him right after PC stopped using UPS and he lets me know when he'll be on vacation so if I don't get the same service he provides to know why. The other day someone else delivered and told me that Andy told him to take care of my packages.

My guy is a ditch 'n run. DH says he wants the UPS man back again! ;)

but, wonder if I left treats or a gift, if he would be better???

i agree i would love to have ups again.

Wow
DebbieJ said:
WOW Deb you are lucky girl mine NEVER rings I just check often and STILL never see the person, occasionally I see the back side getting back on the FedEX truck but most times nothing. Heck I see more of my UPS man than the fedEX person. :eek:

I loved my UPS guy, he always rang the bell, and if I was home, he would bring my boxes in for me. He made a point to introduce himself to me when he saw I was a PC consultant.Now my FedEx guy, never rings the bell, he just drops the packages on the front porch and runs. I've never met him, but I have seen his truck....it's not even a FedEx truck! It's a truck rental.The host at my last party, her husband is a UPS driver. I told him, "I wish we had you guys back". He laughed and said "I can understand why".

My fedex guy's name is Jason - He is great - I have many steps up to the front door and if I am not at home, he will carry them all up the of those steps (usually when I have lots of boxes I will make sure that I am home and have them put them in the basement - that is where my office is. It is just that my dad can't go up and down steps to open the garage doors.

When I had a MAJOR problem a few months back, Jason and his boss Laura took real good care of me. I gave each of them a gift from PC and then at Christmas I gave Jason a gift card for a Car Wash in are area.

I never knew the many different UPS drivers name (I had a new driver almost every day of the month, I never saw the same driver two days in a row)except for 1 of them, he knew one of my host and there name was on the box and he introduced himself to me but that was it.

But then after the September when Stoneware was on sale back in 2006 and I had 5 stones comes broken. I would stop the UPS man and ask for him to wait to see if the noise I heard was a stone broken. I talked with them and found out some of there names then. After a few times of that, the drivers would not pull up in front of the house - not sure where they parked - and would put the boxes on the porch without me hearing them. Then they took off running.

Fed Ex as been soooooooo much better than UPS

:chef:

:sing: Our FedEx man is wonderful. If our garage door is open he just puts the boxes in there for us and honks so we know he's there. If it's closed he comes to the front door & insists on bringing them in. He's very nice and great to talk to. He says he delivers alot of PC. Think we're going to pamper him the next time I know we have a delivery & one of us will be home.

I also have a great FedEx guy and have let PC know that b/c while there may be a lot of problems, there are great ones out there, just like with any business. This thread started with pampering your FedEx person (I know there are other threads on complaining about them) and I have. I most recently gave him a thank you card thing that I have. It's business card size with Thank yous on it and a discount on any purchase. Since he was asking if I sold Tastefully Simple too (he was out of something), I figured that he may like cooking. I love the idea of Twix-its. I probably will give him a couple of our seasonings (since I can have my label on them). I really appreciate that he doesn't usually ring the doorbell. But if I open the door and he sees, he'll definitely wave and say hi. He's got a lot of stops, I'm sure, so doesn't stick around. However, if I look confused (like I'm missing a box), he'll get out of his truck and tell me where it is (like when it's a small box and I'm SO used to the big ones...so it IS practically right in front of me!). I LOVE this guy and never even knew the name of my UPS person. I'm very happy. Not to say that FedEx is better. I don't know that. But I like the PERSON that comes to my door....AND that they deliver on Saturdays!!

I wish it was my UPS driver he is the best. He never leaves stuff at the front door and if i'm not home it's in a bag tuck under the table on the back porch.

Debala715 said:
I loved my UPS guy, he always rang the bell, and if I was home, he would bring my boxes in for me. He made a point to introduce himself to me when he saw I was a PC consultant.

Now my FedEx guy, never rings the bell, he just drops the packages on the front porch and runs. I've never met him, but I have seen his truck....it's not even a FedEx truck! It's a truck rental.

The host at my last party, her husband is a UPS driver. I told him, "I wish we had you guys back". He laughed and said "I can understand why".

You are describing my "FedUp" man to the tea! Whe we first got FedUp, I intro-ed myself and everything was like when we had UPS. But then my driver chaanged and all "h*%#" broke loose. I can even sit at my window and see the truck pull up...this is a hilarious sight...he RUNS up, throws the packages in my flowerbed and RUNS back. By the time I get to the door, the truck is pulling away. I've put signs on the door in BIG bold letters. "FexEx, please ring the doorbell" ~ I guess they don't know how to read either. Sorry about the negative post, but I've had it up to the ying-yang with them. I've had to replace 12 plants in my flowerbed because of them putting the 30 lb boxes ON my plants, had tons of broken items because they literally THROW the boxes, or place them when the sprinkler system is ON and they get drenched...I just want them to put them on the porch! I've called FedUP and HO numerous times...getting no where. Next time I'm expecting a shipment I'm camping on my front porch.

It's their loss since I used to give my UPS man a $50 gift certificate every Valentine's, Easter, LABOR DAY and Christmas ~ oh well, these guys don't deserve it at all.

Last edited:

Related to Should You Gift Your FedEx Delivery Person Despite Service Issues?

1. How do I know if it's appropriate to give my Fed Ex person a gift?

It is always appropriate to show appreciation to your Fed Ex person for their hard work and dedication. They work tirelessly to ensure your packages are delivered safely and on time.

2. What are some appropriate gifts to give my Fed Ex person?

Some popular gift ideas for Fed Ex delivery drivers include gift cards, homemade treats, or small tokens of appreciation such as thank you notes or small gifts.

3. Can I leave a gift for my Fed Ex person if I am not home to receive a package?

Yes, you can leave a gift for your Fed Ex person by leaving a note on your door or in your mailbox. Be sure to include your name and address so they know who the gift is from.

4. Is it okay to give my Fed Ex person cash as a gift?

While it is not necessary to give cash as a gift, it is ultimately up to your personal discretion. Some Fed Ex drivers may not feel comfortable accepting cash, so it is best to stick with a small gift or token of appreciation.

5. How often should I give my Fed Ex person a gift?

There is no set rule for how often you should give your Fed Ex person a gift. It is a kind gesture to show your appreciation every once in a while, but it is ultimately up to you and your budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gratergirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • heat123