• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Use Beer in my Bread Mix?

Have you tried it with any other types of bread mix?I have never tried it. I want to send my supply order in tonight and cannot decide what all to order.Depends on if you like a sweet bread? I like it, DH and DS do not. My fave way to eat it is to slice it thick and toast it then put butter on top.....yummy! I think it tastes best made with a darker beer too.Have u ever had it made with soda or juice?OMG! Yess!!!!! Make the Cheesy Salsa Bread (recipe is on the side of the box) and serve it with the dip you make from the Southwest Seasoning.
jrstephens
I have never tried it. I want to send my supply order in tonight and cannot decide what all to order.

Depends on if you like a sweet bread? I like it, DH and DS do not. My fave way to eat it is to slice it thick and toast it then put butter on top.....yummy! I think it tastes best made with a darker beer too.

I have a friend who has ordered the beer bread three times since April. She really likes it. Actually, her husband is the one who really wants the bread.

Have u ever had it made with soda or juice?

OMG! Yess!!!!! Make the Cheesy Salsa Bread (recipe is on the side of the box) and serve it with the dip you make from the Southwest Seasoning. You will order it every month! :thumbup: :thumbup:

jrstephens said:
Have u ever had it made with soda or juice?
nope, only beer. It's already a sweet bread mix, I think that if you used something sweet to make it then it might be too sweet. Maybe someone else will have a comment about that. I like the yeasty taste that the beer gives the bread.

I don't care for the bread because of the sweetness...that said, though, I bake it from time to time for guests to snack on and most everyone loves it - and it surely does smell good when it is baking.
I think there is an option on the box for making it without the beer, isn't there?

The Catalog says can be made with beer, juice or soda. I don't want to have to go buy a can of beer to make it, HA!

I am going to order it!

The Cheesy Salsa Bread sounds good too.

Maybe club soda? Something that would not be so sweet! Are you familiar with the Hawaiian bread from the grocery store? To me, our bread mix is that sweet.

One of my customers at my Saturday show LOVES it

I LOVE our beer bread mix! I agree with Linda, a darker beer tastes better. But I've also made it many times with Sprite & it tasted good too. I can't remember if I've made it with anything else. I may have to try that Cheesy Salsa bread recipe--sounds good!

Tastefully Simple has a wheat beer bread mix that I like even better than ours. I wish we'd sell wheat too!

This bread is the best! I like it w/Tastefully Simple Strawberry Ruhbarb spread (yum)!

We won't be having any of that around here for a while though, trying to lose weight!

Damn, now I wish I hadn't given my box away!

I was a guest at a show in January, and the Consultant made it with pomegranate flavored sparkling water. Served it warm with butter. OMG :thumbup: ... and I don't like pomegranates! It was very sweet, definitely more of a dessert, but absolutely fantastic!

At my house we make it with beer when we host football parties. It's a hit with the guys!

I usually make it with apple juice and it is good. My SIL has ordered it so many times because she loves it.

The beer bread is a great add-on sale, but people won't buy it if they haven't tasted it. My SD makes mini loaves and freezes them. Then she just pulls one out for each show, slices it into bite-size samples, and serves that alongside the demo recipe.

I like it a lot! Whenever I have made it for a show, I have sold tons!

I like the idea of making up mini loaves...much more economical that way if one box would do up to *8* shows! Thanks for the tip!

Here are some recipe variations that I have saved over the years...sorry if some of them are on more than one of the documents!

Attachments

• Beer Bread Mix recipes.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Bountiful Beer Bread Variations.doc
    20 KB · Views: 450
  • Top 10 Beer Bread Ideas.doc
    203.5 KB · Views: 372
KellyTheChef said:
I like it a lot! Whenever I have made it for a show, I have sold tons!

I like the idea of making up mini loaves...much more economical that way if one box would do up to *8* shows! Thanks for the tip!

Here are some recipe variations that I have saved over the years...sorry if some of them are on more than one of the documents!
WOW!:thumbup: Thanks for posting these Kelly!!!

I've made it with apple juice and added apple bits, and it was yummy. I've also made it with pepsi & it was good. (we don't drink so we don't keep beer on hand)

I think my favorite was orange soda..added cinnamon Plus, cranberries, and pecans. YUM!

I ordered it, so, I will have to let yall know if I liked it.

I don't have any of the loaf pans, what other stone can I bake it in? I have most everone one of them except for the loafs. I keep saying I need to get one. I guess if I start liking this, I will be getting one soon.:balloon:

You could probably make little fancy ones in the mini fluted pan. :)

chefann said:
You could probably make little fancy ones in the mini fluted pan. :)

That one be one of the other few I do not have, ha! I wonder if it would work in the silicone pan, that would be cute.

Make muffins with it. ;)

Does anyone know more specifically how to make a beer pizza crust with this product?

I haven't made a pizza crust with it but I have made it with several different liquids. They have all turned out well but ds and dh prefer bread. I usually make it in the mini loaf pans.

I have never thought of it as that sweet though - even when using coke as the liquid.

My stuff came yesterday. I will have to try the bread soon and let y'all know if I like it or not.

I just need to decide what liquid I am going to make it with. Probably not beer.

Related to Should I Use Beer in my Bread Mix?

1. Is the Beer Bread Mix easy to make?

Yes, the Beer Bread Mix is incredibly easy to make. Simply combine the mix with a can of beer, mix until well combined, and bake in a preheated oven. No additional ingredients or special equipment are needed.

2. Can I use any type of beer for the Beer Bread Mix?

Yes, you can use any type of beer for the Beer Bread Mix. However, we recommend using a light or medium-bodied beer for the best flavor. Dark beers may result in a slightly bitter taste.

3. How many servings does one Beer Bread Mix make?

One Beer Bread Mix makes one standard loaf of bread, which typically serves 8-10 people. You can also make smaller loaves or muffins for individual servings.

4. Can I add additional ingredients to the Beer Bread Mix?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients to the Beer Bread Mix to customize the flavor. Some popular additions include shredded cheese, herbs, and spices. You can also use different types of beer for added flavor variations.

5. How long does the Beer Bread Mix last?

The Beer Bread Mix has a shelf life of approximately one year, as long as it is stored in a cool, dry place. Once the mix is opened, it should be used within 6 months for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • PCJenni