• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brewing Up Ideas: Beer Bread Pairings

In summary, the beer bread can be served with any dip, and the Stoneware Loaf Pan is the best way to cook it.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I am wanting to offer this at shows, but have never made it before.
What do you serve with beer bread?

Dips for the beer bread - the chipotle ranch dip, dill dip, southwestern dip......

OR I make a simple soup, like the Smashed Potato Soup, and serve the beer bread with that.

So pretty much any kind of dip works with beer bread right?

Or you could sample the olive oils (basil and garlic infused) or use olive oil and add our different spices (Italian, Rosemary, Jerk...) to it and have individual dipping bowls.....

Last edited:
I think so.....or another thing is to add different spice to the beer bread.

I've done it before where I divide the batter in half, and then add different seasonings to them - like make one plain (which would be good with the dill dip) and then add some cheddar cheese and southwestern seasoning to another (good with the chipotle ranch).

It's fun to do different things with the beer bread!

Yes any of the dips! This is how Tastefully Simple demos their beer bread, with a variety of dips, and its always a big hit, people ALWAYS buy the beer bread! My favorite dip for the bread would have to be the tomato garlic pesto (tastefully simple sells this!) just add olive oil, a little water and heat in the microwave a few seconds, and serve with fresh grated parmesan on top! mmmm!!

I'm all about selling my own product because I LOVE pampered chef, but sometimes it's not such a bad idea to support other local DS consultants like Tastefully Simple, and build up that solid business relationship! When she gets any PC customers I want to give her a reason to send them to me and not any other joe blow out there! She uses the Stoneware Loaf Pan for her beer bread when she make it and also has some simple additions pieces, so customers are getting exposed to my product even when I'm not around and we LOVE sharing ideas!

Hope this helps!

I didn't even see this thread when I started mine. Anyone make the bread in the bar pan?

our beer bread is soooo good!:love: Any dip will work... and Becky's idea with soup is soo good! Another suggestion would be Chili! It taste so good with Chili!:love: :balloon: :sing: :D

I need to bake the box that has been in my pantry for a few months now.

So... i've never actually had OUR beer bread, I've been meaning to buy it to try... I'm curious to see how well it stands up to the Tastefully Simple beer bread... (I work with a TS consultant at my full time office job too!) Has anyone tried both, and are they pretty much the same? Just add beer, right?

OMG, I haven't had any other brand's beer bread but everyone in my family LOVEs TPC beer bread! I made it a few times and they devour it!

Served with Stew, chili, soup etc! As Toast with honey butter or jam the next morning YUMM!

One of my BFF's is a TS rep...our beer bread seems to hold up a little beter, I think TS they ask you to freeze it before you cut into it, but you don't have to do that with our bread. Funny, I JUST made our BB this past weekend for a show I had and I made up the Hot Broccoli Dip (our recipe) and the guests LOVED it, sold a few boxes of BB out of it! Also, they ARE really great w/ the TS dips..for my dd's birthday party last weekend, I did a bunch of the TS dips w/ our BB and some of the party guests ordered some of both! LOL I also make the bread to use for sandwiches once in a while too.

Has ANYBODY tried cooking this in the Lg Bar Pan?

Chef Kearns said:
Has ANYBODY tried cooking this in the Lg Bar Pan?
LOL! You just keep asking and no one is answering!:(
I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you, other than no, I haven't! I would think it would turn out okay, just pay attention to the time, if a brownie can turn out good in it then I'm sure it can too! I've also made cornbread recipes inside my bar pan and it turned out, so I'm sure the beer bread would be okay too! Hope this helps!:) :balloon:

I know Cathy, sometimes I think everybody has me on their "ignore" list!! I think it would turn out okay, we're just worried about overflow. I told her I would practice myself this afernoon, but I really don't want to make any! Oh well. I was hoping that someone else had tried it before.

Has anyone made the beer bread in the crock before? How does that work, the same as in the bread pan?

I will answer you so you don't feel ignored also Mommylove07. No, I have never made the bread in the crock before. It should work. Yes, it is basically the same as the bread pan. I would imagine that the cook time would be longer because of the orientation of the batter (piled on top instead of spread out). Make sense? I hope so. LOL :D

I was making beer bread long before I heard of beer bread mixes - it is so simple........

INGREDIENTS

* 3 cups self-rising flour
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer, room temperature
* 1/4 cup margarine, melted

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and beer. Mix just until blended. Scoop into prepared baking pan. Pour melted margarine on top of loaf.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped.

mommylove_07 said:
Has anyone made the beer bread in the crock before? How does that work, the same as in the bread pan?

Let me know how it turns out....I have a crock and beer bread mix but have used either!!!!

I think the bread is great by itself! Also I love it with soup - we have the bread, soup and a salad for dinner quite often in the winter.

Related to Brewing Up Ideas: Beer Bread Pairings

1. What types of beer pair well with beer bread?

There are a variety of beers that pair well with beer bread. Some popular choices include amber ale, stout, porter, and wheat beer. However, feel free to experiment with different types and find your perfect match!

2. Can I use non-alcoholic beer in beer bread?

Yes, you can use non-alcoholic beer in beer bread. It will still give the bread a great flavor and texture, without the alcohol content. Just make sure to use a beer that has a similar flavor profile to the one recommended in the recipe.

3. How do I store beer bread?

Beer bread can be stored at room temperature for a day or two, but for longer storage, it is best to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store it in the refrigerator. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it completely before serving.

4. Can I make beer bread without a beer bread mix?

Yes, you can make beer bread without a beer bread mix. There are many recipes available online that use simple ingredients such as flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and of course, beer. You can also experiment with adding different herbs, spices, and cheeses for added flavor.

5. Can I use any type of beer in beer bread?

While you can technically use any type of beer in beer bread, some may work better than others. It is best to use a beer with a strong flavor, such as an amber ale or stout, as they will give the bread a more distinct flavor. Lighter beers, like lagers, may not add as much flavor to the bread. It's all about personal preference, so feel free to try different types of beer and see what you like best!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • buckeyefan08
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • wadesgirl