• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Out of Dipping Oils for Beer Bread

In summary, Diane's host wants her to make garlic bread with dipping oils, but she is out of both. She orders them but they do not arrive. Diane suggests pressing garlic into olive oil and Greek rub, which are both good ideas.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
My host tonight wants beer bread with dipping oils. I had the bread but I am out of both our garlic and basil oils. I ordered them as soon as she asked but they are not going to get here... SO... if you can help me out that would be great. Can I just press some garlic into olive oil? And can I use one of our spice blends to have another kind? Thanks in advance for any ideas you've got.

I'd do olive oil and Greek rub, if you have it.

Yes, press some garlic into some olive oil.....and you could do one with italian seasoning and some grated parmesan cheese, that's really yummy too....

At the resturants they usually just do olive oil and pepper. I do like the taste of olive oil and garlic though.

Diane~

I would do a variety.
One with the italian seasoning and parm cheese
One with Garlic pressed into it
One with Kosher salt (the larger pieces) and cracked black pepper

Good luck! Hope they love whatever you do!

I always use Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it has a fruitier, better taste. Also, as mentioned, the Italian Seasoning is wonderful with a little extra garlic added. Personally, I also like adding some fresh ground black pepper too. Basil, Oregano, Parmesan cheese with black pepper is good too if someone doesn't have the Italian Seasoning. YUMMY!!

Yes, i second Andrea... EVOO all the way. In my opinion, you can mix almost any of the seasonings with EVOO, topped off with some freshly grated parmesan and it will be a REAL TREAT!

My favorite EVOO is the Whole Foods store brand.

KellyTheChef said:
Diane~

I would do a variety.
One with the italian seasoning and parm cheese
One with Garlic pressed into it
One with Kosher salt (the larger pieces) and cracked black pepper

Good luck! Hope they love whatever you do!

Kosher or sea salt in any of them is yummy!

This may seem dumb, but have you tried to see if you could borrow some from another Consultant in your area??

Good luck!
Paula

There's a wonderful Italian restaurant nearby and theirs has those spices and also a little sprinkle of red pepper flakes. They serve it with homemade rolls that rock the house. Ok, now I'm hungry for it. :)

I have done the oil and dipping at my fall shows for a few years. Usually I do rosemary herb in one, Itallian with a clove or garlic cut in half for one, lemon zest and juice, and basalmic in one. Of course EVOO in each of them. The lemon is unexpected, but really good.

CARRABBA'S ITALIAN GRILL BREAD DIP MIX

1 T. crushed red pepper
1 T. black pepper
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. dried rosemary
1 T. dried basil
1 T. dried parsley
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt

Grind together.

To use, put 1 tablespoon of mixture in a small bowl. Pour extra virgin olive oil over and mix together. Dip warm sourdough French bread into the mixture.

I make this up (all but the fresh garlic) and then keep it on hand all of the time. When I want to use it for dipping, just add some pressed garlic to the plate, some of this, and some oil.

Ohhhhhh......SO GOOD! Don't ask me how I forgot about this earlier!

ETA: Don't open up your food processor from grinding this together and smell...it MAY go up your nose, burn like heck, and then make you sneeze over and over. Again, don't ask me how I know this. I just do.:eek: :rolleyes: :blushing:

We use Extra virgin kalamata olive oil and add LOTS of salt, a little pepper, red papper flakes, garlic and itallian seasoning. mmmm... now I want some!

Kelly, we love that Carrabba's spice blend. My son thought the greek rub smelled similar, but needed salt.

Have you ever tried Zio's spice blend? Holy moly - you better be ready with 2 loaves of bread!!! It's fabulous-o! (Think of HSM2 here when Sharpei sings her "Fabulous" song! :sing:)

Thanks everyone! We did one dish with our Italian Seasoning and Parmesean cheese and they LOVED IT! The host wanted one with just garlic and that was super too. They LOVED the beer bread as well. The hosts husband told their friends it was time to leave once they had finished their orders because he was going to pour the italian seasoning oil over the leftover bread and get a fork! He was too funny! Her show is at $600 and climbing and we all had a blast. Thanks SO much for all your help!

I am glad that your show went so well...and that you found something to use...

Sounds like a fun time Diane...glad it went over so well!

1. What are the best dipping oils to use for beer bread?

The best dipping oils for beer bread are typically those with a strong flavor that can complement the taste of the bread. Some popular options include garlic-infused olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and herb-infused oils. You can also experiment with different combinations to find your perfect dip!

2. Can I use regular cooking oil for dipping with beer bread?

While you can technically use regular cooking oil for dipping, we recommend using oils with more flavor for a better taste experience. Cooking oils often have a neutral taste and may not enhance the flavor of the bread as well.

3. How do I make my own dipping oils for beer bread?

Making your own dipping oils for beer bread is a great way to customize the flavors to your liking. You can start with a base of olive oil and add in your preferred herbs and seasonings. Some popular options include garlic, rosemary, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Just mix everything together and let it infuse for a few hours before using.

4. Can I substitute butter for dipping oil with beer bread?

Yes, you can use butter as a dipping option for beer bread. However, keep in mind that butter may solidify when it comes in contact with the cooler bread, so it's best to use softened butter for dipping. You can also add in some herbs or spices to the butter for extra flavor.

5. How long can I store leftover dipping oils for beer bread?

Leftover dipping oils can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just make sure to use a clean utensil every time you dip to avoid any contamination. If you notice any changes in color or smell, it's best to discard the oil and make a fresh batch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies