• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Turn This Into a Catalog Show?

In summary, the host contacted the consultant to say that she was worried that the party would be disappointing to the consultant because a lot of people had backed out. The consultant told her that she was more than happy to still come and that she hoped to get a booking. The host said that she was more than happy to still come and offered to come on a night next week if that would work for more of the host's guests. The host then told the consultant that she was heading out soon and asked if she would have just turned it into a catalog. The consultant told her that she still wanted to do a show. If the host still wanted a party then
Jenni
Last night host calls to say she is worried I will be disappoint that a lot of people backed out of coming. She has 8 outside orders (good~yes) but only three people coming tonight. I told her I was more then happy to still come... I said that hoping to get a booking. Now I feel like why did I say that... as I'm packing up and heading out soon.
So would you have just turned it into a catalog? I told her I was happy to still come but understood if she wanted to do a catalog show. She said she still wanted to do a show.

If host still wants a party then by all means i would go. I know many of us on here have had only one guest or sometimes 0. It may turn out to be great and fun!! Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks... I will give ya an update tonight :)

personally i would still have done the show...i know some consultants wouldn't...or offered her a night next week (if avail) if her that would work for more of her guests...

Hopefully you don't have to travel far for this show..that would be another factor for me, I wouldn't drive 1 hr for 3 people..at least i don't think i would

Good luck I hope you get bookings :)

I have a story that just happened to someone in my AD's group. She had a host who was a real PITA (pain in the, um, rear), not returning calls, etc. And she was being super-picky about the recipe because apparently she just started some metabolic diet and couldn't eat anything (or that's how it felt to the consultant). Mary, the consultant, finally asked her, "Well, what would your GUESTS want to sample?" The day of the show, the host called to complain that she had never gotten the shopping list, when Mary knew she sent it. They ended up doing a ham and cheese thing, but substituting all sorts of things for the ingredients it called for. The host said she expected 20 people there. Well, show time rolls around, and there's 1 guest. The host's mom, who the host said she had told, "You don't have to buy anything." But Mary followed her Director's advice and did a demo anyway. Which did little good because the host and her mom were visiting and looking through a metabolic cookbook the whole time. Finally, as Mary was packing up, she heard the Mom tell the host, "Well, I guess you can order me a set of that stainless cookware." So even though there was only 1 guest, it was a $450 show!

I would still go. I have done them before with turn out like this and in the end they turn it into a good show. I never turn down a show.

I'd definitely go. I've told this story before, but one of my best shows was one for which I traveled an hour. The host had one guest, who brought a friend. The show closed at $670.99. The "friend" booked a show, subsequently signed up, is still selling 5 years later), and is now one of my best friends.

Well worth it? You betcha!

I would go, I have gone to some that only had 3 or 4 and we had a blast :)

I would go as well- I had a show that had 3 guests, but one of the guests ordered $750 in products !!! It turned out to be an $850 show

mrssyvo said:
I would go as well- I had a show that had 3 guests, but one of the guests ordered $750 in products !!! It turned out to be an $850 show

I sure hope the Host was appreciative about that!

I didn't read the other posts but wanted to give my advice: DO IT!!!! I never turn down a party. You never know who you will meet. I've had a lot of hosts tell me that they weren't sure how many people would show up and maybe we should cancel. I tell them at that point that I end up having more fun at small parties and it doesn't matter to me either way.

Go I had a show with 2 people and it ended up being a 600 party at closing...plus the host rebooked did that show had 6 people there closed at 700 with 2 bookings. I am looking at recruiting this girl!

Absolutely YES!! First of all, small shows with only a couple of guests are a BLAST!!! And secondly, you never know where it will end up!!
Great example-I had a party with 2 guests end up over $800 when the host really went after the outside orders after the party. On the other hand, I had a party with 14 guests barely hit $500!!

I never turn down a show!:chef:

I also wanted to add that my show last week had 3 guests and while the sales weren't that high, all three booked a show!

Sometimes guests feel sorry for such a low turnout, and book - not always, but it's human nature! (not to detract in ANY way from you, your charisma or show...sorry if it did!)

Last edited:
Please tell us how it went. Some of my best shows had small turn-outs!

Around here I get so excited for a show where 7 people are there. I am through the roof when there is more than 10!!! do the show!!

UpateFirst off I just got in from a 6:30 show should I say PaRtY it was so much fun. Four people came.... with outside orders its around $300 in sales not great but I'll take it.... and the best part 3 of the 4 booked :sing: YA BABY
I'm so happy to be breaking free from shows hosted by friends and family. Not that they aren''t great but I can't count on them to keep me in business if you know what I mean.
So happy I went and didn't turn it into a catalog party :p
Darn missed the D in Update.... wont let me fix it

I would be excited just to have the show to do no matter how many people were there. But then I'm still pretty new, lol. I just hope that excitement never goes away for me (even though I'm not always sure I'm doing a good job, it's still a lot of fun!).

Related to Should I Turn This Into a Catalog Show?

1. What is "What Would You Have Done?"

"What Would You Have Done?" is a popular interactive cooking game that Pampered Chef offers to its customers. It allows players to choose ingredients and cooking techniques to create a delicious virtual meal.

2. How do I access "What Would You Have Done?"

You can access "What Would You Have Done?" by visiting the Pampered Chef website or downloading the Pampered Chef app on your mobile device. The game can be found in the "Games" section.

3. Is "What Would You Have Done?" free to play?

Yes, "What Would You Have Done?" is completely free to play. You do not need to make any purchases or have a Pampered Chef account to enjoy the game.

4. Can I play "What Would You Have Done?" with friends?

Yes, you can invite friends to play "What Would You Have Done?" with you by sharing a link or sending a game code. You can then compete against each other to see who can create the best virtual meal.

5. Can I purchase the ingredients used in "What Would You Have Done?"

Absolutely! All of the ingredients used in "What Would You Have Done?" are available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. This allows you to recreate your virtual meal in real life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • Hunter Mom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Intrepid_Chef