• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Teach Preschool and Focus on PC?

In summary, Amanda is applying for a preschool position and is a bit nervous because she doesn't want her son in the class. She is also focusing more on her personal goals and not on the job. The outcome of her interview is still unknown, but she has faith that it will all work out.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Not directly PC related!

Okay I signed my 3 year old up for preschool at private christian school and they said it's a go. Well a week later we find out they are canceling the 3 year old class because they don't have a teacher. Well I told my son's day care that he would only be there 2 days a week, and she gave his other days to someone else. So now I can only work 2 days a week.

If I only work 2 days a week for the district, then I can focus more on PC.

Well I am qualified to apply for this preschool position, but kind of leary of having my son in my class. I feel very adament about not having your own child in your class for several reasons, but in the back of my head I hear that it's only a few days a week for a few hours and I can have so much fun w/ this age group.

So I am a bucket of nerves, because I am not as confident as I should be. I hate interviewing, and trying to prove that I know what I am talking about.

Thanks for listening, sorry it's so long. Just keep me in your prayers, fingers crossed, & if this is what God wants me to do then it will all work out.

Hmmm....maybe this happened for a reason?! I used to be a teacher, so I can understand not wanting your own child in a class. But I don't think at the preschool level that it would be much of an issue. Good luck with whatever the outcome is!

Good luck with your decision Amanda! I'm sure it'll all work out for the best:thumbup:

Best of luck to you:)

Okay just got back & the principal wasn't even there. I left all the stuff w/ his assitant and I was still a wreck stumbling over words and shaking. So we will see next week!

Have Faith Amanda. I think if you are meant to get this job then you will!!! Focusing more on PC definitely isn't a bad thing either.

1. How can I calm my nerves in the kitchen?

One way to calm your nerves in the kitchen is to practice deep breathing techniques. Take slow, deep breaths and focus on the present moment. You can also try listening to calming music or taking a short break to clear your mind.

2. What can I do when my nerves affect my cooking?

If your nerves are affecting your cooking, try breaking down the recipe into smaller, manageable steps. This can help you feel more in control and less overwhelmed. You can also ask for help or delegate tasks to take some of the pressure off.

3. How can I overcome my fear of making mistakes in the kitchen?

One way to overcome your fear of making mistakes is to embrace them as learning opportunities. Remember that mistakes are a natural part of the cooking process and can help you improve your skills. You can also start with simple recipes and gradually challenge yourself as you gain more confidence.

4. What can I do to prevent kitchen accidents caused by nerves?

To prevent kitchen accidents caused by nerves, make sure to take your time and stay focused while handling sharp objects or hot surfaces. Also, be sure to read and follow recipe instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes. It can also be helpful to have a first aid kit on hand just in case.

5. Are there any specific tools or techniques that can help with cooking-related nerves?

Yes, there are several tools and techniques that can help with cooking-related nerves. One is to use a kitchen timer to help you stay on track and avoid feeling rushed. Another is to practice mise en place, which involves prepping and organizing all of your ingredients before beginning to cook. This can help you feel more in control and reduce nerves. You can also try using calming essential oils or incorporating mindfulness practices into your cooking routine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Admin Greg