• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Touring a Preschool This Afternoon!

In summary, DS had a great time at his preschool tour and he is looking forward to continuing his education there.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Since DS is officially a big boy now - only 1 accident in the past 10 days! - we are going to tour a preschool this afternoon!
I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get him in to this preschool - it is part of the Public School System here, but is run as a Michigan State University Extension School, and is considered to be one of the best in the area! It's very close to where we live, and since I want him to go to the afternoon session, they had 2 openings left! (all the morning sessions are full) Whoo Hooo!
It's Tues & Thurs 12:30 - 3pm so not a long session. I think he will benefit greatly from the socialization (he REALLY needs to learn to share and play well with others!) and I will benefit greatly from 2.5 hours twice a week to get some things done!
I don't see myself being one of the moms who cries when the child goes off to school.:blushing: I may surprise myself though - who knows!

Good luck!

I'm not a crying mom either and ds has a BLAST with the other kids.

What a milestone Becky!

I am not a cryer about school either. It was wierd the first few times I dropped Sammie (my oldest) off when she first started Preschool But I learned quickly to value that time!!!

I hope you both enjoy your visit and that you get in!

Have fun!!!

That's great, Becky!
And congrats to Micah for his accomplishment!

WooHoo!! Way to go on the only 1 accident! That's HUGE.

My oldest (almost 2.5) starts preschool when we get back to Oki. She'll go 9AM until 1 PM three days a week. And, I must admit, I'm looking forward to having just one (my 9 month old) during that time!!

My daughter starts preschool next week. She's 4 so it's actually pre-kindergarten and everyday. I'm not sure if I'll cry. Probably. Trust me, I will enjoy the time to DO something. Hmmm...if only I USE that time well. However, it seems so strange to just hand her over to someone I don't really know. I have never even had a babysitter for her b/c of friends and family being so close. We have orientation tomorrow so she gets to see the school. I'm nauseous!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yipeee for you!
My youngest DD starts preschool next week and I AM a cryer :( !! I sent my older DD to Kindergarten last week and cried. I think I will be worse with my baby starting school, seeing as I am typing this I am growing anxious!

That's the same time my dd is going to preschool:) I didn't cry for preschool for my older dd, but I did the first day of kindergarten--since it was all day!

My little DD will start preschool Thursday! I can't wait. The older DD started kindergarten a little over a week ago. She loves it.

My DD started preschool this morning... it is the same thing- 2.5 hours a day, 2xs a week. I didn't think I would be the sappy crier either, but I lost it when I kissed her goodnight last night. We read a book about starting school and it just got me kinda weepy. How long after giving birth can I blame the hormones for my dorkiness?? Anyway, I dropped her off this morning and everything went great! She had a blast and can't wait to go back on Wednesday. Good luck to everyone with little ones going off to school!

gilliandanielle said:
My DD started preschool this morning... it is the same thing- 2.5 hours a day, 2xs a week. I didn't think I would be the sappy crier either, but I lost it when I kissed her goodnight last night. We read a book about starting school and it just got me kinda weepy. How long after giving birth can I blame the hormones for my dorkiness?? Anyway, I dropped her off this morning and everything went great! She had a blast and can't wait to go back on Wednesday.

Good luck to everyone with little ones going off to school!

What book did you read about starting school?

Micah LOVED the tour this afternoon! He was having so much fun in his classroom - I could hardly drag him away! I think he is going to do great!

I have every Bearstain (sp?) Bears book ever written from when I was little and I read her 'The Bearstain Bears Go To School'. It was perfect because Mama bear takes Sister to meet her teacher first (like Alexia's open house we had on Thursday) and then she goes to school for the first time. I think it really helped, except in the book Sister takes a bus and plays with clay, so Alexia was a little upset that there was no bus or clay, LOL! The book is about kindergarten but I just changed it to 'school' as I read... they are the best children's books in my opinion and I read them one every night!

Here is a DVD about them starting school on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Berenstain-Bears-Discover-School-2006-DVD_W0QQitemZ280145245022QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280145245022And here is the actual book we read:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GO-TO-SCHOOL-by-Stan-and-Jan-Berenstain_W0QQitemZ180152421681QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180152421681

Thanks Gillian! Micah LOVES the Berenstein Bears! One of his favorite books is Pick Up and Put Away!

My 6 year old started first grade last Monday and my 4 (he'll be 5 Sept 12th) year old started pre-k TODAY. He goes 5 days a week from 8-2. It's a great program and FREE!!! My hubby and I took him to school and he started crying which in turn made me cry.:cry: :cry: But I am a cryer. It was great though because he's SO attached to my hip so he needs to get away from me. Now I"m left at home with my 3 year old daughter. I can't wait for tomorrow. We're going to have a girly day with our toes!

Good Luck Becky!! It's a great thing!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Gillian! Micah LOVES the Berenstein Bears! One of his favorite books is Pick Up and Put Away!
I love them too! I think I read them more for me than for my kids, but they sure don't complain, LOL!

PampMomof3 said:
My 6 year old started first grade last Monday and my 4 (he'll be 5 Sept 12th) year old started pre-k TODAY. He goes 5 days a week from 8-2. It's a great program and FREE!!! My hubby and I took him to school and he started crying which in turn made me cry.:cry: :cry: But I am a cryer. It was great though because he's SO attached to my hip so he needs to get away from me. Now I"m left at home with my 3 year old daughter. I can't wait for tomorrow. We're going to have a girly day with our toes!

Good Luck Becky!! It's a great thing!!:D

<<Heavy Sigh!>> girly days with toes are not a part of my life......unless I'd like to totally freak out my DH and paint DS toes!:D

Becky- we can do our toes when you come for shopping day! :)

chefann said:
Dang Ann I just noticed your 9K posts:eek: ! Wow, most impressive!

chefann said:

I'm still working on DH for the Shopping Day.......JAE reminded me that I need some Saturdays to myself too!

That can be your "me" Saturday! We can plan girly lunch, and drinks. :)
We can even plan a sleepover - if you don't mind bunking on the couch (it pulls out) and going to my show that night.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/th307004029271.gif

lol, Ann your smilie graphics crack me up!

Related to Touring a Preschool This Afternoon!

1. What should I bring with me when touring a preschool?

It's always a good idea to bring a notebook and pen to take notes, as well as a camera to document the space. You may also want to bring a list of questions to ask the staff.

2. How long does a typical preschool tour last?

A preschool tour can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the school and how many questions you have for the staff.

3. Can I bring my child with me on the tour?

While some preschools may allow children to join the tour, it is generally recommended to leave them at home. This allows you to focus on asking questions and observing the space without any distractions.

4. What should I look for during the tour?

When touring a preschool, pay attention to the overall cleanliness and organization of the space, as well as the student-to-teacher ratio. Also observe how the staff interacts with the children and if the environment seems welcoming and nurturing.

5. Is it appropriate to ask about curriculum and teaching methods?

Yes, it is important to ask about the curriculum and teaching methods used at the preschool. This will give you an idea of what your child will be learning and how their education will be structured.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK