• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Still Offer Her the Business Opportunity?

In summary, my host just cancelled this morning, (LMOM) that she was cancelling her show next Sat. due to financial issues and the economy, she just couldn't do it. Now mind you this show was already FREE for her because she won a free cooking show at my Expo. I haven't called her back yet because I'm at work. I was thinking about calling her back and offering her the business opportunity but now sure how to word it.If you need ideas on what to say, click the box in the upper left behind CC that says "Now More Than Ever"--it's all answers to the economy objection.I would call her back and offer to pay for food etc..then
noelskitchen
My host just cancelled this morning, (LMOM) that she was cancelling her show next Sat. due to financial issues and the economy, she just couldn't do it. Now mind you this show was already FREE for her because she won a free cooking show at my Expo. I haven't called her back yet because I'm at work. I was thinking about calling her back and offering her the business opportunity but now sure how to word it.

I booked her from my expo on Sept 20th and couldn't connect with her to confirm her show until Mon. I had left several message to get ahold of her than I finally connected with her, she said she was really busy but stated she still wanted to have the party. I had already mailed her hostess packet.

I'm still going to try and reschedule her party. But the business opportunity ugh. If I don't have a visual in front of me I get flustered. What to do, What to do.........

talk to her about you will teach fast easy affordable meals, do power cooking, help people save money on groceries....that sort of thing.I had someone on the phone today who said no no no, then I said "well, think about this..." and offering power cooking and we booked Nov 15th. :)If you need ideas on what to say, click the box in the upper left behind CC that says "Now More Than Ever"--it's all answers to the economy objection.

I would call her back and offer to pay for food etc..then you can write it off. You could say like I know this is a bad time for all of us, but I would love to help with your show so you can get products for free etc, then maybe offer the business opportunity. I am always puzzled when hosts say this to me b/c we as consultants do all the work and we spend time and gas getting there don't people realize that!

I lost 4 shows in September with friends and family with no money.

Here are a couple of ideas for you.

Attachments

• recruiting direct sales research page.doc
    73 KB · Views: 465
  • No Risk Factor.doc
    187 KB · Views: 291
Maybe she means that her friends and family don't have money to spend...

I try to approach it as a "girl's night out" and say that your friends can spend money going to a restaurant or out for a drink. Why not come to your house for pre-paid food and spend the money they would have spent on permanent items for their house? Also, I have lowered my expectations of hosts. Meaning, my show totals are going down and they don't get as much free stuff but I'm still making something so that's alright.

Be understanding and tell her to tell her friends to come but they don't have to order. Hopefully, they will but, hey, if they're broke, they're broke. Maybe you can help them out...

cewcooks said:
I would call her back and offer to pay for food etc..then you can write it off. You could say like I know this is a bad time for all of us, but I would love to help with your show so you can get products for free etc, then maybe offer the business opportunity. I am always puzzled when hosts say this to me b/c we as consultants do all the work and we spend time and gas getting there don't people realize that!

We have to remember that there are costs for hosts... and alot of people just dont have the money for extras. I am hosting a show tomorrow night at my house for my friend who does purses and I have had several friends call me and say they just cant afford anything extra right now.

Everytime I've hosted a party, whether it's pampered chef or something else, I've always felt obligated to have it all perfect. I'll have tons of food and cute plates and napkins, several drinks and desserts. I always spend way too much money on this but at the same time, I love to entertain. Maybe you could suggest that she only get a few 2 liter drinks, some tap water, and something cheap like brownies, chips, or cookies to accompany your dish. I have all kinds of hostest. Some do go all out with the full spread, others, like my last show, have chip and dip. It's all good either way.

It sounds to me like she's backing out of having a party in general. You mentioned that it took a long time to get in touch, you left messages, she said she was busy etc.
I would of course follow the advice others have give, and I would also consider that she is making excuses for bailing out on you.

susanr613 said:
It sounds to me like she's backing out of having a party in general. You mentioned that it took a long time to get in touch, you left messages, she said she was busy etc.
I would of course follow the advice others have give, and I would also consider that she is making excuses for bailing out on you.

I was thinking the same thing. Right now, the economy is an easy excuse - who can argue with a bad economy?

susanr613 said:

I believe your right but since I don't know her personally I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I'll call her back and see if I can offer her the opportunity or put her on my roating contact list.

Don't feel alone. I had a host cancel on the me at 10:00 the night before her show back in Sept. Apparently her whole family was in Florida and they were the main ones coming. OK.....we talked and emailed everyday for 3 or 4 days before the show date. Did she not know her whole family was out of town. I found it hard to believe! We reschedule for Oct 14 and I've kept in touch by phone and email. I called her over the weekend to make sure she has told everyone about the date change. She acted like she didn't know who I was and when I said "with Pampered Chef!! We're having a show on Oct 14!?" She finally said "oh, the party.........well I'm not have that anyway". ????? Where did that come from? I didn't know what to say and the whole time we were talking she was eating something and chewing constantly. She finally said her brother is getting married and it will be a long time before she could do it. OK, did she just find out her brother is getting married? And how does that affect her with something that was happening in two weeks. Her brother wasn't invited anyway. I told her I would have appreciated a phone call because I thought we were still set for Oct 14. The way she acted really made me mad because she had no intentions of calling to tell me and I was relying on her show. I had already put in a lot of time and effort preparing for the first one that she cancelled. I just told her that was fine and if she ever decides to do one to give me a call. But trust me........I would NEVER do one for her. She's out of town and came across as very flaky. I was just shocked when I talked to her last weekend and she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about.

I get all kinds of excuses for hosts to cancel. The economy is a big one right now and the fact that they're sooooo busy. I explain that it takes two hours (or less) to do a show and I do all the work. All they have to do is give me the guest list and furnish the ingredients. I even make the reminder calls for my hosts. I'm learning that some hosts will back out at the last minute with any excuse they can find.

Wow! I've had last minute cancels before but never like pamperedcheermom's! While I love PC, I'm glad that I'm at the hobby level now where I don't have to rely on this income! So I'm going to put in the other aspect. NOT everyone is hurting economically! This isn't to minimize the pain of those who are, but to point out that there are people (maybe in the Dave Ramsey thread :) ) who budget conservatively and thus aren't feeling economic hurricanes, but just a bit of rain. These are the people who save for a rainy day; purchasing quality tools is not an extravagance but a wise investment. Let's stay positive and focus on how our products help people. We don't have to 'convince' them to have shows, just truthfully share all the benefits with them with their (and their guests) needs in mind.

pamperedcheermom, i remember when you posted originally about the "family in florida" and i am sorry about the further developments. it's frustrating when people string you along, and this person was just so disrespectful to you. i'd almost rather have whining than fake amnesia/rudeness.

it took me a good 6 months or so to tune my bulldoo meter and cut out when i start hearing the excuses and delays. now i have to fine-tune it! LOL

1. What does it mean if a host cancels an event due to the economy?

If a host cancels an event due to the economy, it means that they are unable to continue with their planned Pampered Chef party due to financial reasons. This could be due to personal financial struggles or uncertainty about the economy in general.

2. Will I still earn rewards if my host cancels due to the economy?

Unfortunately, if a host cancels their party due to the economy, you will not be able to earn rewards from that party. However, you can discuss with your host the possibility of rescheduling the party for a later date when their financial situation may be better.

3. How can I support my host if they have to cancel due to the economy?

You can offer your support and understanding to your host during this difficult time. You could also suggest alternative ways to earn rewards, such as hosting a virtual party or collecting orders from friends and family.

4. Can I still make sales if my host cancels due to the economy?

Yes, you can still make sales from your host's cancelled party. You can reach out to your host's guests and offer to take orders or host virtual parties. You can also share your host's party link on your social media accounts to reach a wider audience.

5. What happens to the orders that were already placed for the cancelled party?

The orders that were already placed for the cancelled party will still be processed and delivered as usual. If the host decides to reschedule the party, the orders can be added to the new party. If not, the orders will be delivered directly to the customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
lesliec