• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Simplify My Guest Folders for Recruit Success?

What do you give guests?

• simple folder with catalog, order form & YLYW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Folder with info in it (page protectors holding specials, etc)

• lapboards

• Other, please explain

• Total voters
G
Gagescorpages
So...I have been doing Guest Folders with page protectors in the middle holding specials, recruit info, etc.
I am wondering if I should simplify and simply give a manilla folder with a catalog, order form & YLYW in it.
Or maybe I am just overthinking??
LOL
I really need recruits. I have 5 and NEED October to be a success or I will lose my directorship. :(
I am freaking out a tad.

I'm in the same club Sue! I need to recruit TODAY to meet my requirements.

I would simplify. I have found that the more I give them the less they look at. I have lap boards with the catalog and order form and usually YLYW. I always have YLYW at check out too as well as other info available. I TELL them the special and mention host specials for upcoming months.

KISS (Keep It Simple Silly).

Be sure to ask everyone about the business. Give some kind of observation about them (you had fun, you love the products, what did you think about the party, have you ever thought...). I have found recruits where I never would have looked. ...Not that I'm doing that great with it myself, mind you but the more we try the better we get.

On your actually topic...Ditto Beth!

SusanBP0129 said:
So...I have been doing Guest Folders with page protectors in the middle holding specials, recruit info, etc.
I am wondering if I should simplify and simply give a manilla folder with a catalog, order form & YLYW in it.
Or maybe I am just overthinking??
LOL
I really need recruits. I have 5 and NEED October to be a success or I will lose my directorship. :(
I am freaking out a tad.
That's what I do. It's SOOOO easy. I can make up a whole bunch at once and be done for 3-4 shows at a time. I pass around one copy of the special during the show and mention it 2-3 times during. I also of course talk about the biz during my show and mention it at checkout. No need for more paper! Paper doesn't recruit people--YOU do!

OK, silly question....I use the lapboards and generally love them. BUT, mine are getting dirty looking. Anyway, what do they write on if you don't use a lapboard or a clipboard or something? I like the idea of simple BUT I want it useful too!

I just put a YLYW around the order form, stick the order form in the catalog and leave it at that. I'm lazy.

Winnipegk said:
I just put a YLYW around the order form, stick the order form in the catalog and leave it at that. I'm lazy.

That's what I do too. And it's because I'm lazy too! :D

I used to do that but have had several people say that they need a surface to write on. If you don't have lapboards you can get two pocket folders (like they sell cheap for school) and put the catalog, receipt and YLYW in it. Then let them keep them to store their catalog/receipts in.

I thought about that...I just am seriously too lazy to keep up with that stuff. i'd run out of folders in no time and it would take forever for me to get new ones. I've never had anyone complain. I wish I could be more organized!

I switched from lapboards to the manila folders and no one has ever told me they needed a surface to write on.

They get a catalog and an order form. I pass out the Customer care card and I give out the YLYW at check out.
My guests know it will be half way into the show before they have to remind me to give them catalogs!
We are having fun :)

Wow, you guys really do keep it simple. Hmmmm.... Got me rethinking some things now!

I try to keep my business as simple as possible. I don't want to have potential recruits picturing me sitting at home making up guest folders or anything too complicated. I mean, a manila envelope isn't a big deal, but I know there are some people who have very complicated guest folders. I just like to keep things very easy......again - I'm pretty lazy!!!

I just hand out a catalog and order form along with a pen. I put the color copy of the guest special from the CN into a page protector and pass it around. I hand out DPS at the end of the show.

Lap boards get heavy, folders need to be stuffed and manilla folders run out and they need to be stuffed (end up costing a lot).

Michelle

I use the lapboards. I carry them in the center section of the Carry-All tote. In the back I have bridal registry and recruitng info. I used to put the upcoming host specials, but hated throwing all that paper away the next month. So I put the recruiting stuff in and leave it.

In the front I have a catalog and the order form. Then my business card in the card holder. I give out recruitng info at checkout to those who indicate an interest.

I use lapboards with just catalog, order form, and YLYR in it. However I do paperclip my business card with a magnetic backing on to it too. As I start explaining the order process I tell them to take the card off and put into their purses now and when they get home slap me on their fridge. That way if they have a question on how to use a product again, warranty issue or if the question "do you know a PC Lady" comes up, then I'm right there!!! Over the last couple of years I've gotten quite a few referrals because they knew where to find my info. You can get the magnets from office depot or office max.

1. Should I simplify my guest folders for recruit success?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and what has worked for you in the past. You may want to consider the time and effort it takes to create and maintain the more elaborate guest folders, versus the potential benefits of simplifying them. It may also be helpful to get feedback from your current recruits and see what they prefer.

2. Is it a good idea to simply give a manilla folder with a catalog, order form, and YLYW?

Again, this decision is up to you and what you believe will be most effective in recruiting new members. The advantage of this simpler approach is that it may be less overwhelming for potential recruits and easier for you to manage. However, it may also be helpful to include some additional information or incentives to entice new recruits.

3. Am I overthinking the guest folders?

It's possible that you may be overthinking the guest folders and putting too much pressure on yourself to have the perfect recruitment strategy. Remember that the most important thing is to connect with potential recruits and share your passion for the organization. The guest folders are just one tool to help you in that process.

4. How important is it to have a successful October for maintaining my directorship?

October may be a critical month for maintaining your directorship, but it's important to remember that success in this business is not solely dependent on one month. It may be helpful to focus on building a strong team and consistently recruiting new members throughout the year.

5. What should I do if I am feeling stressed or anxious about recruiting new members?

It's completely normal to feel stressed or anxious about recruiting, especially if your directorship is at risk. Remember to take care of yourself and reach out to your support system for help and advice. You may also want to seek guidance from other successful directors or attend training events to improve your recruitment strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • PCwithStay-C
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • floccies