• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Hold My Open House on Monday or Thursday Before Easter?

Maundy Thursday is a big day for Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians. It is the day before Easter, when Jesus washes the feet of his disciples and tells them to "go and make disciples of all the nations." For most people, it is a day of reflection and repentance. Depending on where you are, it may be difficult to hold a show on Maundy Thursday. If you are in a place where people are observant of the Sabbath, it may be difficult to have a show on a weekday. If you are in a place where people are not as observant of the Sabbath, it may be easier to have a show on a weekday. Ultimately,
aried
Gold Member
I need to do an open house and I was thinking of next week. Do you think Monday or Thursday would work best since it's before Easter? Thursday is before the weekend and people maybe coming in to town but also getting ready to go out of town. What do you think?

Ann

Here in New England were there are a lot of Episcopalians and Catholics, Thursday wouldn't work because it is a big part of Holy Week. I'd do Monday!

YMMV depending on what part of the country you are in...

Love,
Rachel

I'd probably do Monday as well. Good luck!

You may or not win next week.. Passover starts next Monday night I believe at sunset for 8 days. All depends on your guests and what their religious beliefs are. It's a holy week one way or another for just about everyone.

ok, thanks for all the info. I probably will wait. Two of my sisters are coming into town also and I should spend time with them. I was trying to see if I can reach of goal of 2 shows a week next month and that was the week I didn't have any shows.

Sounds like a plan Ann. It will be good for you to spend some time with your family and maybe get them to line up a show or two for you (website show or catalog show) when they get back home.

It's just a crazy week for so many people, it's hard to tell what attendance would be like and who can eat what.

I just spoke w/ my host who has a show Apr. 5 (thurs)...and she told me several people weren't coming because it was Maundy Thursday.....my denomination doesn't have special service or anything for that day, so I didn't even think about it. She said she was still going to do the party (invites are already sent out), but she was disappointed to be missing the service at her church. I felt sorta bad for her. (but not bad enough to reschedule!;) ) I did leave the choice up to her though.

Related to Should I Hold My Open House on Monday or Thursday Before Easter?

1. What is an Open House Next Week?

An Open House Next Week is an event hosted by Pampered Chef where we showcase our latest products, share cooking tips and techniques, and offer special promotions to our guests.

2. When and where will the Open House Next Week take place?

The Open House Next Week will take place on [date] at [time] at our Pampered Chef showroom located at [address]. We also have virtual options available for those unable to attend in person.

3. Do I need to RSVP for the Open House Next Week?

While an RSVP is not required, we highly encourage it so we can ensure we have enough samples and materials for all our guests. You can RSVP through our website or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Can I bring a friend to the Open House Next Week?

Of course! We love meeting new people and introducing them to our products. Just make sure to RSVP for both you and your friend so we can accommodate everyone.

5. Will there be any discounts or promotions at the Open House Next Week?

Yes, we will be offering special discounts and promotions exclusively for guests at the Open House Next Week. This is a great opportunity to stock up on your favorite Pampered Chef products or try something new at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • southernmommie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kncmurray