• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Ideas: Share What Has Worked for You!

In summary, an open house can be a great way to introduce new products and get feedback from potential customers. They can be held over two days, or one day with a demo. Hosts can offer a discount to guests, or give them gifts such as free products or discounts.
kncmurray
Gold Member
I have never done an open house before. Would anyone like to share things they have done at their open houses and/or what works best for them? Do you do a demo or just have food to try? Do you do door prizes? etc?

TIA!!

I've never done one either, but I've been to several my director has had. She displays all the products in her living room. Serves food and has a demo set for a specific time. She also has a girl that works for her, so she has help getting orders. Her's usually last from around 2 -8 and is held over 2 days. Sometimes she has great luck and sometimes not too many people come. She invited all her contacts and calls w/reminders just like host should do.

I do mine in one day for 3hrs. I do not do a demo but will have the new recipes out for all to taste. I also have the new products displayed and offer raffles. I keep it as simple and low keyed as possible.

We're currently in a small apartment, so I only invited the hosts I've had since moving here in February. Six gals showed up. I served four of the new recipes for their tasting and feedback, had a display of the new products, and a display of the retiring ones. I briefly talked thru the new products, but didn't do any formal demo. I gave them all the F/W Season's Best (major excitement over that).

I'm very grateful to my hosts here, since I had to rebuild my business from scratch. So, for those who came, I offered them their choice of any one of the new products at 30% off (my anticipated commission for Sep as a director) plus their 10% PHD. I'll submit it as a show on the 1st; I won't make any money, but I will have the host benefits. And honestly, I am very thankful to them and they were very touched at the gift.

Of the six gals here, one decided to do an August catalog show and one booked a September cooking show. One is considering a show in late Sep/early Oct and one is thinking about the business. One just had a $1000 show and the last one has a show already scheduled for Sept.
Oh, and we all had a really enjoyable afternoon together. :)

As an additional comment, I did my first open house last year. It was such a bomb. I tried copying what other people did and my heart really wasn't in it. This year I decided to focus on simply appreciating my hosts. I printed up invites on card stock (using a sample someone posted here) and mailed or hand-delivered them.

Next year I hope to have a large enough customer base to rent a hotel meeting room and invite both previous guests and hosts. I may still offer the discount to my hosts, but maybe only 10% (if that) to the guests who come. Then again, I may do this with my team. Too far away to know.

Bottom line. Do what feels comfortable for you.

legacypc46 said:
As an additional comment, I did my first open house last year. It was such a bomb. I tried copying what other people did and my heart really wasn't in it. This year I decided to focus on simply appreciating my hosts. I printed up invites on card stock (using a sample someone posted here) and mailed or hand-delivered them.

Next year I hope to have a large enough customer base to rent a hotel meeting room and invite both previous guests and hosts. I may still offer the discount to my hosts, but maybe only 10% (if that) to the guests who come. Then again, I may do this with my team. Too far away to know.

Bottom line. Do what feels comfortable for you.

This is excellent advice!
My first open house was a failure too. I tried to do a Mystery Host Open House like I'd seen on here....and like Kris, my heart just wasn't in it, and I bombed. I had several people RSVP, but none showed up.

So, I didn't give up - the next year, instead of an Open House, I did a Host Appreciation event. I had a specific start time, and although I didn't do a demo, I did do a small bookings/recruiting presentation. I had (I think) 14 in attendance, an $800 show, and 8 bookings. I think because I planned it specifically with my hosts in mind, and had fun with them. It was much more comfortable for me, and I know they felt appreciated. They sampled and voted on new recipes, and we discussed what kind of show format they would like best....and we unveiled and rated new products. They all got a S/B for coming, and I did a bunch of drawing throughout the evening for more free product.

anyone have a list of flyers/paperwork they have out at their open houses? I'm a bit scattered when it comes to knowing what to have avaliable to my guests as far as paperwork and flyers etc. any suggestions would be helpful
thanks
Jes

I just did one yesterday and it went very well.. I had another consultant in my cluster do it with me, she invited her customers and I invited mine. I had all the current catalogs and new mini with an order form for all the guests that way not all of my new catalogs would walk away. We did four new recipes ($40.00) total cost and had about 12 people attend. Not a great headcount but I managed 3 bookings and she got 1 person go sign. This is the flyer I used.
I set up all the new product on my dining room table and everything that comes in the consultant kit on a separate table. I think it turned out really well.

Attachments

• Fall Open House JT.pdf
    155.3 KB · Views: 789
Thanks for sharing this. How nice it turned out. :)

Can I copy your idea? Is there a way to copy this into word so I can change it with my info?

I will email it to you I can't get the file to attach here..

Me too please!

Thanks,
cary morales

1. How can I attract more people to my open house?

To attract more people to your open house, you can promote it through various channels such as social media, email marketing, and word of mouth. You can also offer incentives for attendees, such as free samples or a special discount for purchasing products at the event.

2. What are some creative ideas for showcasing Pampered Chef products at an open house?

Some creative ideas for showcasing Pampered Chef products at an open house include setting up demonstration stations where guests can try out products, creating themed displays for different product lines, and hosting interactive games or challenges using Pampered Chef products.

3. How can I make my open house more engaging for attendees?

To make your open house more engaging for attendees, you can incorporate interactive elements such as cooking demonstrations, product samples, and recipe tastings. You can also encourage guests to ask questions and share their own experiences with Pampered Chef products.

4. What are some effective ways to follow up with guests after an open house?

Some effective ways to follow up with guests after an open house include sending personalized thank-you notes, offering exclusive deals or promotions for attendees, and inviting them to future events or parties. You can also ask for feedback and suggestions to improve future open houses.

5. How can I make my open house stand out from other Pampered Chef events?

To make your open house stand out from other Pampered Chef events, you can offer unique experiences such as a cooking class, a product launch or unveiling, or a special guest speaker. You can also collaborate with other consultants or businesses to offer a wider variety of products and services at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• racaotto
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies