• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Have Skipped That Small Show? A Lesson in Unexpected Success

In summary, Deb was not happy with her recent show and shared her story with others. She recommends working every show, even if it is small. She had a great show with 4 guests and two guests booked.
chefkathy
So glad I decided to goI don't know why I let today's host do another show. She was a repeat host and last time her show was very small and started way late (cultural thing) and just didn't seem to be worth my time. I told my DH that if she didn't have at least 5 people coming, I wasn't going to do it. It was a little further than I like to drive and we have a full weekend already. The host told me she had 10 guests, so I went with it. Well of course today we started about an hour after the show time and she had just four guests and only one of them ordered. However, she did have some outside orders so sales are just under $200. BUT two of the outside orders want to book and one guest present booked. AND her daughter filled out a consultant agreement! She needs to get her $$$ together and then she will get started!!!So next time you don't want to go do a show, think of me. :) You never know where your next show or recruit will come from. BTW, since it was a small group we did it totally interactive ala Jennifer Soto and it went really well.

Congratulations! I am a huge believer in working every show, no matter how small. I had a situation similar to yours a couple of years ago. Because of that show, over the course of the following year I added four people to my team.

That's awesome!! Congratulations!

WTG Deb! That's AWESOME! I was supposed to have a show with 4 guests today but she wanted to r/s for May 17th. I begged her to keep it but she wanted more. We'll see what happens!

Thanks Deb! Very inspiring!!!!!

Congratulations, Deb!! I also agree and share with others that no matter how crappy the show, there HAS to be something good that comes of it. I have had $1000 parties off from shows that didn't seem worth my while (time or money wise). Way to go and thanks for sharing!

We're going to paint our kitchen window frames that were previously painted but the varnish was not sanded and the paint isn't sticking well. Therefore, we're going to try to redo it. Any advice?

What is the best type of paint to use on varnished windows?

The best type of paint to use on varnished windows is an acrylic or latex paint. These types of paint are designed to adhere well to glossy surfaces and provide long-lasting coverage.

Do I need to sand the varnish off before painting my windows?

Yes, it is important to sand the varnish off your windows before painting. This will help the paint adhere better and create a smooth surface for a professional-looking finish.

How many coats of paint should I apply to varnished windows?

For best results, it is recommended to apply two coats of paint to varnished windows. This will ensure even coverage and a more durable finish.

Can I use a paint sprayer to paint varnished windows?

While it is possible to use a paint sprayer, it is not recommended for painting varnished windows. The sprayer can create a thin coat of paint that may not adhere well to the glossy surface. It is best to use a paintbrush or roller for better coverage.

How long should I wait before opening or closing painted varnished windows?

The drying time for painted varnished windows will depend on the type of paint used. It is recommended to wait at least 24 hours before opening or closing the windows to ensure the paint has fully cured and will not stick to the frame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• iteachncook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
iteachncook
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • Jenni