• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Bring Products to My Shows for Guests to See?

In summary, Becky thinks that the small stuff usually will go as it doesn't take up much room/doesn't weigh a lot BUT if the host wants to see something then she'll take it. Similarly, Jenn thinks that things that can be used in demonstrations or in the kitchen should be ordered.
pc_jessica
Okay so I am looking over the sample packages that we can start purchasing tomorrow (ya i am so excited!) anyways I am wondering if guests being able to actually see the products would make them want to buy them anymore? I have my first show on wed, so I haven't actually been able to tell yet. So for any consultants out there with advice taht would be great. I am just wondering what I should buy now or I can live without.
what are you guys all getting????

just bumping to see if i can get anyone's input on what they are getting!

I earned most of it - and the rest I'll be getting in my directors pack.

I used to take all of the new products with me, but now, I think it will be on a situation by situation basis. I'll ask my host if there are any new products she wants to see, and take those.

This past season, I took a couple pieces of bamboo, because I served food on them, and one collapsible bowl, the new seasonings, and the pineapple wedger. But - all of those things were also part of my demo.

This season - I'll probably take the prep bowls, the thermometer, new cookbooks, trivet, tools that will fit in my caddy (since I take that already) and the Conversions magnet. Oh - and the new sauces and rub.

I'm with Becky. The small stuff usually will go as it doesn't take up much room/doesn't weigh a lot BUT if the host wants to see something then I'll take it.

I got a quick stir pitcher... showed it and sold 3 in the first show after getting it. I got the salad choppers............ showed it and sold 4 in the first show. I got a bamboo bowl and booked two shows from showing it. Think of things that you would be inspired to use too.

pc_jessica said:
Okay so I am looking over the sample packages that we can start purchasing tomorrow (ya i am so excited!) anyways I am wondering if guests being able to actually see the products would make them want to buy them anymore? I have my first show on wed, so I haven't actually been able to tell yet. So for any consultants out there with advice taht would be great. I am just wondering what I should buy now or I can live without.
what are you guys all getting????

I am a BRAND new consultant so can you tell me where you see the sample packages? I have looked on the CC but I don't see it. TIA for your help.

i got my copy in my changeover kit that came last week. otherwise there is a thread on here about it!

Starting out I don't think I would buy what I am not gonna use in my kitchen - or what I don't love. I bought the new stuff to show this past season, (I started in March) and now it is just sitting. Don't use it everyday and since I don't love it and use it, harder to sell to the guests. That being said there are tonsof things my mother would love as hand me downs after this fall season is over - so I am buying the sample to have on hand for trade shows - then I will probably give them to her.

supplyhoarder said:
I am a BRAND new consultant so can you tell me where you see the sample packages? I have looked on the CC but I don't see it. TIA for your help.

On CC, go to "Managing your Business"> "Samples and Supplies", > "Order Samples".

Once it's loaded- you'll see the link for Sample Packages.

ChefMary412 said:
I got a quick stir pitcher... showed it and sold 3 in the first show after getting it.

I got the salad choppers............ showed it and sold 4 in the first show.

I got a bamboo bowl and booked two shows from showing it.

Think of things that you would be inspired to use too.

Using what you take is key! I'm learning that. It just dawned on me while reading this post- that when I serve my meals, instead of serving them out of the DBC, I should put into a Bamboo or Dots bowl...I love how food looks in them, maybe customers will too.
So keep that in mind when looking at what you'll order - how can you USE it in your show! (That's how I'll be thinking) And remember, we have a few weeks to order the samples (thru Sept 30th I think??) - so maybe you can order some NOW and some later. As other cheffers start talking about how sales are going with products, we'll have ideas/options for later.

Once you order from the Sample Product sheet for fall you cannot order from that again. If I am wrong someone chime in.

But you can order product separately as time goes on.

I haven't received my change over box yet!! I am going to have to call HO tomorrow.

Kelly V.

KellyRedHead said:
Once you order from the Sample Product sheet for fall you cannot order from that again. If I am wrong someone chime in.

But you can order product separately as time goes on.

I haven't received my change over box yet!! I am going to have to call HO tomorrow.

Kelly V.

It is my understanding that you just can't order more than one of the same thing. So if I order Package B, C, and D tomorrow, I'd still be able to order Package E and Open Stock items next week or later in the month. That was my understanding. If I order Package A, then I cannot order any of the smaller packages- I can only get Open Stock.

Now, if you are sending in the order form through the mail, I don't know how it works or if you can get another form to order other items. I do it through P3.

esavvymom said:
It is my understanding that you just can't order more than one of the same thing. So if I order Package B, C, and D tomorrow, I'd still be able to order Package E and Open Stock items next week or later in the month. That was my understanding. If I order Package A, then I cannot order any of the smaller packages- I can only get Open Stock.

Now, if you are sending in the order form through the mail, I don't know how it works or if you can get another form to order other items. I do it through P3.

Bobbi - you are correct. You can order as many times as you want from the Sample Packages, but you can only order each product once.

esavvymom said:
On CC, go to "Managing your Business"> "Samples and Supplies", > "Order Samples".

Once it's loaded- you'll see the link for Sample Packages.

thanks so much - I appreciate it. So much info to take in .....

ChefBeckyD said:
Bobbi - you are correct. You can order as many times as you want from the Sample Packages, but you can only order each product once.

that's right I forgot. But if you order sample package A then you cannot order any other then correct??

Kelly V.

KellyRedHead said:
that's right I forgot. But if you order sample package A then you cannot order any other then correct??

Kelly V.

If you order pkg. A, you are still able to order the open stock items. But nothing else, since they all are things found in pkg A.

As a newbie, I was thrilled to take as much as I could to shows and show off our wonderful products. Think long and hard about how much you want to 'lug around' with you. IMO there is nothing worse than getting done with a show (taking orders) and then looking at everything you not only have to clean up, but reload in your car and carry 2 more times (once to car, once inside). There are key items that I feel do NO justice in the catalog so I do take but find a way to incorporate....Bamboo for one. Its stunning in person but the catalog does not show its beauty. I'm doing fajitas so I have laid things out on the platter, used the little bowls for toppings and put the pineapple salsa in the med bowl. The beaded serving pieces are enormous compared to the pictures so I used the fork to hand out the 10min pork that I demo (placed on the small bamboo platter). I try to use as many tools as possible with my recipes but still let the guests know that they can make the recipes without all the tools, just some key items are necessary (so that they dont think they can't make it without owning half of the catalog). I take the grill basket and one turner to show their size and "think about the men" type ideas and explain that with PC tools there is no need for a home security device. Hang the BBQ turner by your bed and you're all set b/c its the 'mack daddy of BBQ turners'. etc. I don't have any dots to show off except for dinnerware that I won but I'm not a fan of dots so I don't show it off or really even discuss it (I guess that's why I have zero sales in dotsware). I find that you generally sell what you love b/c you have a passion for talking about it.

Every show I say I will learn to pack lighter. I did go really light to my last show and still had a $600+ show, with 6 bookings, but of course they did ask for a lot of items to look at that normally I would have taken but didn't so that i "packed light".

As you can see, I pack my bags like I talk.... full and wordy! :D

Melissa78 said:
As you can see, I pack my bags like I talk.... full and wordy! :D

You're so funny! :D I'm the same way. ;)

esavvymom said:

That is great to know...I thought you could only order once! I think I'll order some things now for my last chance, first glance party...but hold off on my holiday items until Oct.

Thanks!! I am ready to order now!!

ChefJoyJ said:
That is great to know...I thought you could only order once! I think I'll order some things now for my last chance, first glance party...but hold off on my holiday items until Oct.

We can only order through Sept. 30th. New Consultants are offered sample packages for 6 weeks after their agreement is received or until Feb. 1, 2010, whichever is sooner.

ChefJoyJ said:

However, you only have until September 30 to order the new sample products.

ChefBeckyD said:
However, you only have until September 30 to order the new sample products.

In that case...I'm going to hold off on the holiday products until the end of Sept. ;)

I borrowed the salad spinner before I got it for free ... sold it at most shows where I demo'd it.The cutting board with measuring cups ... sold three of those puppies at my last show.That said .... don't feel like you have to own the whole catalog. I earned few products from the spring line and don't feel motivated to take either to my shows. Earned none of the fall products and don't feel motivated to get many of those either, except the ones I know I will use in my shows.I try to take cookbooks along because people want to flip through them.

Not only is lugging everything or TOO much an issue, but remember how much you'll have to clean! There are times that I leave some homes that I have to wash EVERYTHING- even if I didn't use it. Either folks handled everything, or there were animals around (bugs only once) and one home that smelled so bad of cigarette smoke, I couldn't stand my stuff or me! Everything smelled terrible. So that's another reason I am TRYING to cut down. Thankfully, 80% of my stuff can go into the dishwasher when I get home, and the rest are large bowls and things that don't fit but wash up in 10 minutes. I can clean up everything in about 30 minutes and be off my feet. (I take two containers: one of the old burgundy collapsible crates- which I put my dirty dishes in to bring back home (it washes easily), and my black bag. If it doesn't fit in those two, it doesn't go.) Fortunately, other than for booths, most of what I'd want to add to my kit are small items.

esavvymom said:
Not only is lugging everything or TOO much an issue, but remember how much you'll have to clean! There are times that I leave some homes that I have to wash EVERYTHING- even if I didn't use it. Either folks handled everything, or there were animals around (bugs only once) and one home that smelled so bad of cigarette smoke, I couldn't stand my stuff or me! Everything smelled terrible.

So that's another reason I am TRYING to cut down. Thankfully, 80% of my stuff can go into the dishwasher when I get home, and the rest are large bowls and things that don't fit but wash up in 10 minutes. I can clean up everything in about 30 minutes and be off my feet. (I take two containers: one of the old burgundy collapsible crates- which I put my dirty dishes in to bring back home (it washes easily), and my black bag. If it doesn't fit in those two, it doesn't go.) Fortunately, other than for booths, most of what I'd want to add to my kit are small items.

That is EXACTLY what I bring! Oh - and my cranberry striped cloth tote with all of my paperwork, etc...

ChefBeckyD said:
That is EXACTLY what I bring! Oh - and my cranberry striped cloth tote with all of my paperwork, etc...

YEAH! I'm like Becky! Now if I can have the same stats/results as you, my life would be complete! :D

My First Director once said (and has often repeated) this phrase: "We have a beautiful catalog that illustrates everything." So I don't have to bring the bamboo bowls to show how pretty they are ... the catalog does a nice job!

Di_Can_Cook said:
My First Director once said (and has often repeated) this phrase: "We have a beautiful catalog that illustrates everything."

So I don't have to bring the bamboo bowls to show how pretty they are ... the catalog does a nice job!

But I don't sell bamboo unless I bring it to shows. One of the phrases I hear quite often in regard to the bamboo is "Ohhhh, it's so much prettier in person, the catalog just doesn't do it justice!".

It always seems that when I bring everything is when no one cares, but the times that I try to "go light" is when everyone asks if I brought this or that and seem truly disappointed that I don't have it for them to see. I never seem to win at this balancing act. ;)

Ditto to Amanda. I totally disagree with Bamboo - I only sell it when my customers see it and they too go "ooh...ahh". I wish I could 'learn' to take only what fits in my consultant bag (and my bag with paperwork/laptop). My shoulder hates me already from lugging the 100lbs but as Amanda states, when I don't bring something, they always ask. I try to tell them I'd bring it to their show but that doesn't always cut it. I just finished ordering all of the cookbooks so that I have them for August Guest Special and for going into the holidays for gift suggestions. I guess my back and shoulder will hate me even more this holiday season... (Oh and I just saw the cranberry platter at my last cluster mtg and that is stunning - the catalog does that NOOOOOOOOOOOOo justice at all - IMO)

We all do what works for us and for our sales. I'm running an avg of over $600 per show which my Dir tells me is good so I'm afraid of ruining my avg by changing this up...which means I keep lugging my 3hr suitcase with 7days of stuff. :D

You could always tell them that your back wouldn't let you bring anything else. :DPeople just can be rude or insensitive to others. They aren't there when you are unloading the entire kitchen into the Host's home or packing it up (nothing EVER goes back the same way it came out - why is that?!).

oh now i don't know what to do lol so many suggestions and they all seem to hold truth to them :) i have my first cooking show tomorrow night and i was planning on bringing everything that came in my starter kit (the big one/normal kit), plus everything PC that I owned prior to being a consultant lol which i must say I was a PC junkie, or all the PC products I bought 2 weeks ago at a garage sale (a consultant was quitting business and she gave me a great deal on a bunch of stuff!!) so needless to say my shoulder and back will be hurting me tomorrow ugh!!

pc_jessica said:
oh now i don't know what to do lol so many suggestions and they all seem to hold truth to them :) i have my first cooking show tomorrow night and i was planning on bringing everything that came in my starter kit (the big one/normal kit), plus everything PC that I owned prior to being a consultant lol which i must say I was a PC junkie, or all the PC products I bought 2 weeks ago at a garage sale (a consultant was quitting business and she gave me a great deal on a bunch of stuff!!) so needless to say my shoulder and back will be hurting me tomorrow ugh!!
I would suggest taking what you need for your recipe FIRST. Then only what important pieces you really want to take- like newer items that most folks wouldn't have seen unless they've been to a show in the last 6 months.if you've got one bag- don't fill overfill it- and by all means...test carrying the bag! I think the black bag can get really heavy really quick.If you happen to have our reusable grocery bags (or even if you have another kind)..they work great for the lightweight items and catalogs too. Easy to throw over your shoulder.

pc_jessica said:

I did that for my first show too, took everything PC I owned (well, not everything, but A LOT!). Aside from the obvious, lugging it all and packing it all up, remember that sometimes, you just aren't going to have any space in the hosts house to display it all! I've had that happen a lot, so I'll spread it out and place it around the room and then nobody notices it! I am very guilty of taking too much and I always claimed that I had higher sales because of it, but I'm starting to rethink the whole thing. I think you have to take what you need for the recipe and I try to bring a few of the cook books and spices, and maybe a couple of the newer items, I try to bring at least one piece of stoneware, cookware and simple additions and now bamboo. At my last show it was at a cottage on the lake and I knew that it was more a party for friends to see her lake and less a PC party, so I just brought the stuff I needed for the recipe and my full Tool TurnAround and the cookbooks and a couple summer items. Got there and there wasn't room so I didn't get out anything extra, made the recipe and had a $1000 show! So, I think I'm a believer now! No more lugging the whole kitchen with me! It's easier set up and tear down and packing! Anyway, good luck! Try to hold back on taking everything, once you start, it's hard to stop!

Something else to keep in mind is the recruiting aspect. Someone who may be interested in becoming a consultant may look at everything you bring in and think "I don't want to carry that much stuff" or their back is not good. I am now just bringing what I need for my recipes and just a few other things.

I only take what I am using in my shows. I do take my entire tool turn about full of gadgets.
My standards are the stainless bowls, magic pot, salad choppers, large grooved cutting board, 5"santoku,handy scrapers, apple wedger , easy read measuring cups, prep bowl OR batter bowl and my 8 " saute pan. Everything else varies with whatever recipe I am demo-ing. And I don't demo anything that is $10.00 or less.

beckyjsmith said:
I only take what I am using in my shows. I do take my entire tool turn about full of gadgets.
My standards are the stainless bowls, magic pot, salad choppers, large grooved cutting board, 5"santoku,handy scrapers, apple wedger , easy read measuring cups, prep bowl OR batter bowl and my 8 " saute pan. Everything else varies with whatever recipe I am demo-ing. And I don't demo anything that is $10.00 or less.

what is this magic pot you speak of?? i think ive looked through the catalog so much but i don't remember seeing anything with that name lol

pc_jessica said:
what is this magic pot you speak of?? i think ive looked through the catalog so much but i don't remember seeing anything with that name lol

It's just another term of endearment for the Deep Covered Baker. :D

pcbarb said:
Something else to keep in mind is the recruiting aspect. Someone who may be interested in becoming a consultant may look at everything you bring in and think "I don't want to carry that much stuff" or their back is not good. I am now just bringing what I need for my recipes and just a few other things.

Ditto. I also choose my recipes to show off either the current month Host specials (if the show is at the beginning of the month, so guests may want to book) or the next month that I want to book. Sometimes it may be a small demo (like using the knives) to encourage Oct. bookings.

Related to Should I Bring Products to My Shows for Guests to See?

1. What products should I bring to my shows for guests to see?

It's always a good idea to have a variety of products on display at your shows for guests to see. This allows them to touch, feel, and even try out the products, which can help them make a purchasing decision. We recommend bringing a mix of our top-selling products and new or seasonal items. You can also consider bringing products that are relevant to the theme of your show or the time of year.

2. Will having products on display actually increase sales?

Yes, having products on display can definitely help boost sales. When guests are able to see and interact with the products, they are more likely to develop an emotional connection with them and see the value in purchasing them. It also allows them to ask questions and get a better understanding of how the products work, which can further entice them to make a purchase.

3. What if I don't have enough space to bring all of my products to the show?

If you don't have enough space to bring all of your products, prioritize the ones that are most popular or relevant to the show. You can also consider bringing a few products and having a catalog or brochure available for guests to browse through. Alternatively, you can ask your host if they have any extra space to set up a small display table for additional products.

4. Are there any products that I can live without bringing to my shows?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the type of shows you do. Some consultants have found success by only bringing a few key products and relying on catalogs and demonstrations to showcase the rest. However, having products on display can be a powerful selling tool, so we recommend bringing as many products as you can comfortably manage.

5. What are other consultants purchasing for their shows?

Every consultant's product selection will vary based on their individual business goals and show themes, so it's difficult to say exactly what others are purchasing. However, you can join our consultant community and ask for suggestions and recommendations from other consultants who have experience with similar types of shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • Shelbi