• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)

In summary, the conversation was about baby bunnies that the participants have spotted in their yards. One person has named the larger bunny Homer and the smaller one Ned. They have been feeding the bunnies and trying to protect them from dogs, cats, and other predators. One person also shared their past experience with a pet rabbit and expressed sadness over the loss of a litter of bunnies in the past. Another person mentioned their neighbor's habit of killing bunnies with a pellet gun and their desire to report them to the authorities.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
We have baby bunnies!!!

One is the size of a hotdog bun and the other is the size of a hoagie bun. I named the larger one Homer...

I found Homer about a week or so ago hiding behind a bag of sand that DH uses for his pick up in the winter. They are just resting behind a large shrub on the side of the house (I promise it doesn't look as ghetto as it sounds) Anyway I went to get one of the damaged bags of sand to give to my niece to play with and saw little Homer hop away in fear.

I threw some carrot chunks under the shurb and they were gone a few hours later.

He was kind enough to move into my dying garden which has now become a wasteland of shrub trimings until DH can get back to the compost site here in town, and I've noticed Homer hoping out between the white picket fence and nibbling on our grass. Our dogs love rabbits and not as friends...so I go out and shoo Homer away before I let the dogs out for potty breaks if I see he's out eating a salad of dandylions and prickly grass from our lawn.

Well today at dinner I saw Homer again, only to notice that it isn't Homer! He's MUCH tinier and WAY cuter. We've named him Ned.
Spirit (our 110 pound pooch noticed Ned, too!)

So I went out and tossed some leafy greens over the fence- don't tell anyone... I told DH I'll help him bring the twig and shrub clippings to the compost heap because I think they'll move out once that protective and cozy covering is gone. And I don't want the dogs to kill them.

I wish I could get close enough to take pictures of them. I swear baby bunnies are too adorable!

Oh Kacey I love bunnies!! I had a pet rabbit as a child.

We get them here in my yard, but my as*ho** neighbor kills them with a pellet gun!! The next time I actually witness him in the act I am going to report him to the DNR!

If ahole (yes this is my nickname for him - my kids always know who I'm talking about when I say it) doesn't get them, stray cats or wild animals will. We had a liter of them under one of our trees two years ago. There were about 6 of them. I would check on them every day and watch Momma come feed them. One morning I went to check on them and they were ALL killed. They were so close to getting out of the nest too! Some of them had their heads gone. I was sooooo sad for weeks! I cried too! My husband thought I was nuts! I read afterward if you find a nest like that you should actuall put a wheelbarrel over the nest and Momma can scoot under to feed them. This protects the babies from cats, etc. I will do that the next time.

We have hawks and owls sometimes in our back trees trying to hunt them too! We have a farm field behind our house w/an easement of trees and bushes. They love nesting back there.

My neighbor tries to say they eat his tomoatoes, but they don't eat tomatoes, they are poison to them! He just thinks he is some kind of great hunter! I swear I would like to take a pellet gun to his behind!

I did see one bunny early in the season, but haven't seen it for a while. I'm sure either he or something got it.

If you get a chance to take pictures, please post.

I have a rabbit, her name is Thumper. She looks like the one from Bambi. She has hair like a Chinchilla! She is so soft and adorable. Her only problem...she growls! :grumpy:

pampchefrhondab said:
Oh Kacey I love bunnies!! I had a pet rabbit as a child.

We get them here in my yard, but my as*ho** neighbor kills them with a pellet gun!! The next time I actually witness him in the act I am going to report him to the DNR!

If ahole (yes this is my nickname for him - my kids always know who I'm talking about when I say it) doesn't get them, stray cats or wild animals will. We had a liter of them under one of our trees two years ago. There were about 6 of them. I would check on them every day and watch Momma come feed them. One morning I went to check on them and they were ALL killed. They were so close to getting out of the nest too! Some of them had their heads gone. I was sooooo sad for weeks! I cried too! My husband thought I was nuts! I read afterward if you find a nest like that you should actuall put a wheelbarrel over the nest and Momma can scoot under to feed them. This protects the babies from cats, etc. I will do that the next time.

We have hawks and owls sometimes in our back trees trying to hunt them too! We have a farm field behind our house w/an easement of trees and bushes. They love nesting back there.

My neighbor tries to say they eat his tomoatoes, but they don't eat tomatoes, they are poison to them! He just thinks he is some kind of great hunter! I swear I would like to take a pellet gun to his behind!

I did see one bunny early in the season, but haven't seen it for a while. I'm sure either he or something got it.

If you get a chance to take pictures, please post.

My sister had a rabbit for my neices when they were younger. They named him Dodger after the movie Monkey Business which was popular when they were little. They still to this day do not know the true story about Dodger's disappearance. My BIL woke up one night to this loud crying sound and the stray cat from the neighbor hood managed to drag poor Dodger off their deck (22 steps) and through the snow. My BIL followed the trail long enough to find a huge mess. They didn't have the heart to tell the kids so they just told them that Dodger must have seen one of his family members and left to be with them! This was at least 10 years ago so as teenagers they still believe this!

Awww... how cute! We often have baby bunnies and bun-buns nesting in our yard. Not this year though, that we've found... we've hosted 4 bird families though so far this year (our record - usually we have 2 or 3 nests of bird families).. two broods of morning doves and 2 separate nestings of robins... and DH spotted our 'resident groundhog' sporting babies in tow. LOL... more to help with all the apples that end up on the ground later this summer/fall!

I will try to get pictures. I can't believe how simply tiny and adorable they are!

My daughter Wendy has devoted the last few years to protecting and finding new homes for unwanted rabbits. I'm doing a fundraiser for her rescue shelter now. If you would like to see cute rabbit pictures, check out her website.
www.magichappensrescue.com
Magic was the name of her first rabbit.

Related to Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)

What is "Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)?"

"Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)" is a line of products from Pampered Chef specifically designed for feeding rabbits and other small animals. These products are made from high-quality materials and are perfect for pet owners who want to provide their furry friends with nutritious and delicious meals.

What types of products are included in the "Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)" line?

The "Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)" line includes a variety of products such as feeding bowls, water bottles, and food scoops. These products are all designed with the needs and preferences of rabbits and other small animals in mind.

Are the "Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)" products safe for my pet?

Yes, all of our "Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)" products are made from safe and non-toxic materials. We understand the importance of keeping your pet healthy and happy, which is why we ensure that our products are safe for them to use.

Do you offer any products for other small animals besides rabbits?

While our "Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)" line is primarily designed for rabbits, many of our products can also be used for other small animals such as guinea pigs, hamsters, and chinchillas. We recommend checking the specific product descriptions to see if they are suitable for your pet.

Where can I purchase "Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)" products?

"Shhhhh- I'm Feeding Wabbits! (Ot)" products can be purchased directly from the Pampered Chef website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also find our products at select pet stores and retailers. Contact us for more information on where to find our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kattyschack
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies