• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sheraton - Internet Access?

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
Is the access at the Sheraton free WiFi or pay per day? If paid, anyone know how much?

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Janet - I think I saw on another thread that the coffee house in the Sheraton will give 45 min of free WiFi per room.

Melissa78

Veteran Member
Gold Member
May 10, 2009
I posted the link about internet access...I used the internet in the Java Cafe in the lower level of the Sheraton at NC Wave 1. I do "believe" it was free (ha! we'll know when my Director gets the bill huh?) but it showed a timer of 45min when I logged in and then there was a button that said "Add more minutes" so thats why I assumed it gave 45min to the room. You could log in if not a guest at the hotel and pay for it as well.
The ones I used were down the escalator from the main lobby of the Sheraton. The only reason I logged on was to check to see if pkgs were showing up on my tracker that the HO shipped while I was there. Needless to say, I was not logged on for long.

straitfan

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2006
I used the same internet cafe that Melissa described above (to check in and print out boarding passes for our return flight). It asked for room number, but there was no charge reflected on our bill when we checked out--didn't notice the timer. (This was using thier computers--didn't hassle with taking my own lap-top.

I also checked CC a couple of times while at McCormick at the Tech Talk stations. (I arrived on "payday" and wanted my exact commissio amount--so I knew how many surprise boxes I could afford! LOL!!!
HTH!

chefcaroline

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2006
There is free Wi-Fi at the Starbucks that is in the corner of Dominicks that is down the hill and catty-corner across the intersection. I used it last year multiple times.

SpiritdancerIA

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Since I'm logged in from the Sheraton at the moment:

1) I'm using the wired access in our room, because I couldn't get a good wire less signal. YMMV.

2) Advertised rate when you go to log in (your browser redirects to an access page) is $12.95/24 hours; there is also a 30 minute option for (IIRC) $4.99.

3) When I asked at check-in, I was told that if you are a Starwood Preferred Guest (member of their frequent visit club), the internet access would be free. We'll see at check-out, I suppose.

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
Is there a charge to use at McCor. Pl.? Should I even bother luggin' my laptop with me to workshops?

I don't take the laptop to workshops. I did my first year and it was a waste of time/effort.

If you had a mini, I'd say maybe, but I think they are too distracting and too much to carry. I need mine for night/work.