• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sheila's Searching for a Roommate at Chicago South Loop Hotel!

well...alone together in the room. Yes, I would rather just have one roommate. I know it may sound silly as many, many people will be doing so but I would rather not share a bed with someone I've never met. By having someone room with me where I already have reservations would allow both myself and my former roomie to have a lower cost because we would split it 3 ways vs. 2.I do understand that you do not want to sleep with a stranger. For me it was not an excuse though.But i do not get it why your consultant is paying her share when she's not going to be there. Life changes, and i would not want to put anyone in the situation
Cr8vKitchen
I have a room at the Chicago South Loop Hotel checking in Monday and out on Thursday. It's 4 blocks from the convention center. My recruit is unable to attend now so I have the room to myself. The cost would be $160 + taxes for the three nights- and you would have a bed to yourself.

Here's the link to the hotel. I would love to have someone to room with so I don't have to walk back & forth alone.

Chicago Hotels | Chicago South Loop Hotel | A Hotel near McCormick Place

Email me at [email protected]- I'm not on CS every day so if you PM me I may not get it right away.
Thanks!
Sheila

Sheila-
Can you cancel your room? We're looking for one more roomie at the Chicago Hilton (you'd be the 4th in the room with 2 double beds).

I have a spot as well and we are looking for another person and we are at the Hyatt so if anyone is needing a room please let me know thanks.

I could cancel the room but I'd rather just have someone room with me. Luckily, since my previous roomie cannot attend, she's still paying her 1/2 so it's not going to cost me anything additional. Would just like to have someone to walk back & forth with.

Thank you though! :)
Sheila

Cr8vKitchen said:
I could cancel the room but I'd rather just have someone room with me. Luckily, since my previous roomie cannot attend, she's still paying her 1/2 so it's not going to cost me anything additional. Would just like to have someone to walk back & forth with.

Thank you though! :)
Sheila

I'm sorry but I don't understand?? Is it that you just want one roommate? Is your room that much less for a total cost? Otherwise I don't understand why you wouldn't want to move to a conference hotel and the conveniences that gives you.

Of course you can do whatever you like but if you joined someone in a conference hotel it would help them out as they can not cancel their room since it's past June 15th and if you did that your friend wouldn't have to pay for a room she's not using. It would be win-win for whoever's space you'd be filling and for your friend. It's great that she's willing to keep the room cost commitment but I'd bet she'd be thrilled if you saved her the money.

BethCooks4U said:
I'm sorry but I don't understand?? Is it that you just want one roommate? Is your room that much less for a total cost? Otherwise I don't understand why you wouldn't want to move to a conference hotel and the conveniences that gives you.

Of course you can do whatever you like but if you joined someone in a conference hotel it would help them out as they can not cancel their room since it's past June 15th and if you did that your friend wouldn't have to pay for a room she's not using. It would be win-win for whoever's space you'd be filling and for your friend. It's great that she's willing to keep the room cost commitment but I'd bet she'd be thrilled if you saved her the money.

Yes, I would rather just have one roommate. I know it may sound silly as many, many people will be doing so but I would rather not share a bed with someone I've never met. By having someone room with me where I already have reservations would allow both myself and my former roomie to have a lower cost because we would split it 3 ways vs. 2.

I do understand that you do not want to sleep with a stranger. For me it was not an excuse though.

But i do not get it why your consultant is paying her share when she's not going to be there. Life changes, and i would not want to put anyone in the situation to pay for something if they not going to use it. Even if she insists to pay for it, which i highly doubt, i would not accept any payment. If it's you who expects her to pay than i believe it is not fair from you to do that.
We had someone cancel from our room this year, but it never occured to make the person pay for her share. We decided to keep the room for the 2 of us. However we considered to share a 2 bed room with 2 other person, we do not know, at the Sheraton because that hotel is soo much better. Personally i like to be 3 seconds away from Michigan avenue where all the shops are, just because for me it's fun and we are 3 blocks away from the Sheraton so we can catch the shuttle to the Conference center.

If you do not want to pay so much then find a cheaper hotel close to the Sheraton or the Hilton. But don't make your recruit pay the difference.

JMO

I didn't realize I'd be starting a debate but posting a request for a roommate.

Of course I didn't/don't expect her to still pay for her 1/2 however, the arrangement the two of us have made is something we're BOTH comfortable with. I appreciate everyone's opinions but I really was just hoping to find another person to room with.

Thanks.

Good luck with finiding a roomie! Already have my room and more than enough in our rooms. lol! We have all 3 days for $105 per person. A bit crowded yes but really how much time are we in our rooms anyway? All for saving money! I will keep my ears open for ya tho!

Thank you, Sharon! I swear I'm not being a jerk to my former roomie though it seems like it's come across that way!!

Cr8vKitchen said:
I didn't realize I'd be starting a debate but posting a request for a roommate.

Of course I didn't/don't expect her to still pay for her 1/2 however, the arrangement the two of us have made is something we're BOTH comfortable with. I appreciate everyone's opinions but I really was just hoping to find another person to room with.

Thanks.

I took it the way you meant it...it's hard in an online forum cause we can't see each other's faces and it all happens in some weird dimension outside of time.

I've been getting my master's online, and the classes are discussion based. You can imagine there are some odd misunderstandings...

Marghi

Cr8vKitchen said:
Yes, I would rather just have one roommate. I know it may sound silly as many, many people will be doing so but I would rather not share a bed with someone I've never met. By having someone room with me where I already have reservations would allow both myself and my former roomie to have a lower cost because we would split it 3 ways vs. 2.

Makes sense. We always have a rule that once the room is secured each person is responsible to pay their portion even if something comes up that they have to miss the conference UNLESS we can fill the spot. It's not fair to the people left in the room to have to cover more than they agreed to. Fortunately, we've always found people to fill the room so those who didn't come didn't have to pay anything.

1. What is "Sheila's Searching for a Roommate at Chicago South Loop Hotel!"?

"Sheila's Searching for a Roommate at Chicago South Loop Hotel!" is a service offered by Pampered Chef where we help connect individuals looking for roommates at the Chicago South Loop Hotel.

2. How does the roommate matching process work?

Once you fill out our roommate matching form and submit it to us, we will carefully review your preferences and match you with potential roommates at the Chicago South Loop Hotel. We will then connect you with your potential roommate so you can get to know each other and decide if you would be a good fit.

3. Is there a fee for using this service?

No, this service is completely free for individuals looking for roommates at the Chicago South Loop Hotel.

4. Can I choose my own roommate?

Yes, you can indicate your preferred roommate on the matching form and we will do our best to accommodate your request. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to match you with your preferred roommate.

5. What if I have issues with my roommate after moving in?

If you have any issues with your roommate after moving in, please contact us and we will do our best to help mediate the situation. We want all roommates at the Chicago South Loop Hotel to have a positive and comfortable living experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jinkies
  • sandilou
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views
ChefShalon