• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Becky Seeks Help with Buckling Sheet Pans

In summary, the conversation is about sheet pans and their tendency to buckle in the oven. The thread mentioned that this is normal for high-end cookie sheets and they will go back to their original shape once removed from the oven. Some users have noticed this buckling, but overall the surface is still great for baking cookies. It is recommended to inquire further for warranty if the sheet pan does not go back to its shape.
jbdowd0798
Gold Member
Hi All,

I thought I saw a thread a while back about our sheet pans and problems some have had.

I just had a customer call and tell me her sheet pans are buckling in the oven but once they cool they are flat again. She's making cookies at 375 so I know she's not over doing the heat. She has a new oven so I don't think its that either.

Can someone help me find that thread. I did a search and could find the right one. And/or tell me your experience.

THANKS!

Becky

Yep. Mine buckles, too, but it goes flat soon after I take it out of the oven. It doesn't buckle every time. I didn't look for that thread but I remember reading it. HO says high end cookies sheets all buckle. It's normal. Cheap ones don't un-buckle.

here was the response for test kitchens-

As for the Cookie Sheets, yes they are thinner and because 2 of the edges do not have sides, there will be some flexing during baking sometimes. However, the Sheet will go back to it's original shape once removed from the oven. We found all competitive Sheets like this design do flex slightly.
Rose The Pampered ChefTest Kitchens

Are you talking the Sheet Pans? (the ones with the edges) or the Cookie Sheet Pan..The cookie sheet one will roll every so often. BUT in my personal experience using my Cookie sheet, it buckled (especially when I first was using it), but always has gone back and keeps it's shape beautifully. I've used mine alot lately too, and they still look great. if they DON'T go back to shape- then she may want to inquire further for warranty.

I did a marathon Christmas baking session yesterday...fun at first but after spending the entire day baking and still having to decorate cookies, the fun just wore off!!!

Glad this thread was started as I was disappointed in the cookie sheet buckling. However, I loved the surface and the cookies seemed to bake just a nicely on it as the stones I was also using.

My back didn't bend at the end of the day. Dang my age is catching up with me:(.

I was wondering about that! Mine buckles tpo, I baked 9 dozen (at least) sugar cookies today and didn't notice it buckling but in the past I've noticed it. I wondered because I won it at a team meeting so I wondered if maybe it was damaged while she had it stored (though it's new so it wouldn't have been in storage for so long). Nice to know it's completely normal. It scared me the first time because it made a loud pop sound in the oven!

1. Can you recommend a specific tool to help with buckling sheet pans?

Our sheet pan un-warping tool is perfect for fixing bent sheet pans. It easily slides underneath the pan to gently lift and reshape it back to its original flatness.

2. How can I prevent my sheet pans from buckling in the first place?

One way to prevent sheet pans from buckling is to avoid drastic temperature changes. Let the pan cool down gradually before washing it in cold water. Also, make sure to invest in high-quality, heavy-duty sheet pans that are less likely to warp.

3. Are there any adjustments I can make to my oven to prevent sheet pans from buckling?

If your oven has hot spots or uneven heating, it can cause sheet pans to buckle. Try rotating the pan halfway through the cooking time to distribute the heat more evenly. You can also use a baking stone or preheat the oven at a lower temperature and then increase it once you place the pan inside.

4. Can I still use a slightly buckled sheet pan?

While a slightly buckled sheet pan may still be usable, it can affect the baking results. Food may not cook evenly, and liquids may pool to one side. It's best to fix the buckle or invest in a new sheet pan to ensure the best cooking experience.

5. What should I do if my sheet pan is severely buckled?

If your sheet pan is severely buckled, it may be beyond repair. We recommend replacing it with a new one. However, if it's a minor buckle, you can try using a rubber mallet or hammer to gently tap the pan back into shape. Be careful not to use too much force, as it can cause further damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kewaters
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kewaters
  • {*mandy*}
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
{*mandy*}
Replies