1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Serious questions

1. I have only recently started with Pampered Chef. I have loved and enjoyed using the products for years. However, it is not my intention to do this full time, not make it a major source of income. My questions are, does anyone do this "just for the products" or just as book shows only? If so, can you tell me a little about how each way would work. If you only do book shows what has been this like for you? I appreciate and look forward to your responses.
    Thanks

Jan 31, 2006
  2. PaulaP

PaulaP Member Gold Member

I do PC for just add'l income and products as well. I have more catalog shows than cooking shows. I just love the product!! :) I have been doing this for almost 5 years. I enjoy this site very much and have gotten several great ideas. Sometimes it is very overwhelming to read what others have accomplished but that is what is so great about this company!! The business is YOURS to run as your life allows.

Jan 31, 2006
  3. thanks Paula,
    I am wondering what would be a good way to go about doing just book shows. Would you suggest maybe purchasing some of the $1 cookbooks and mailing them out to a list of potential host asking them if they would be interested in holding a book show only? If you don't mind me asking aprox. how many shows do you have out at each month. Doing books shows I am thinking I could handle 5 or 6 a month. And how do you get bookings from them. Do you really have to push the host to do this for you?
    Thanks again

Jan 31, 2006
  4. PaulaP

PaulaP Member Gold Member

I try to have at least 2 shows per month, sometimes more if I am working towards products, etc. The mailing sounds like a great idea. I have never done that. I have friends who love the products as well and their schedules just are conducive to a regular cooking show so catalogs work out well. To get more bookings I sometime offer 10% order or an additional $10 free for their show.

Jan 31, 2006
Have something to add?