• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Safety Questions for New Pampered Chef Users

In summary, Avelissar warns readers that the host may be flaky, and recommends bringing a helper if uncomfortable.
avelissar
Hi Everyone,

I am new to Pampered Chef, and I had some questions concerning safety. I have read about people pampering businesses and doing fairs, to get leads and bookings.

How do you work out the delimna of going into a stranger's home to do a cooking show? :eek:

Thanks!

Avelissar

As a guy I'm not really worried, but I would say that you can tell by your host coaching calls what to expect. I've only been to one show where I didn't know anybody. Most of my bookings are in person so I've met the host before the show.

I thought that too when I started.. but most of the time you have met the person "in person" at least once before they book.. if you get a booking thru a fair or something then maybe schedule a time to meet them and give them their host packet in person. Say at a coffee shop or something. If you're not confortable with someone then you might be able to get another consultant to come with you to your show.. (?)

I haven't ever had a problem being at a hostess's house. I have told hostess's no after reading the paper. (this girl was bugging me for months to do a show but there was never a good time for her to have it, then I read in the paper that her husband shot at her and her "lover" and then was in a high-speed police chase. When she called me the next time, I politely told her that I was unavailable for forever).

But that was the ONLY instance in over 200 parties that I have ever turned down a booking.

yikes Chris! good call though..
I'd say most people are pretty decent.. I'm sure we all have reservations.. go with your gut for sure.. if it's really telling you NO then maybe figure out different place/time for a show, or take a helper.. (an adult one of course)

I've never been in danger or scared of going into to a "strangers" home.

If I ever feel uncomfortable I know to grab my purse and run.

I can replace my kit and paperwork if needed.

Most of my bookings are people I meet at my shows, so I already know them. Plus, the past host has invited them into their home, so they must be good people.To me this is a non-issue.

In my 6 years, I've only had one "iffy" host, but I didn't have the problem with him. My director (and Carolyn) were weirded out by my stories, but I wasn't. He just was a bit flaky.

But as Jess said, 99% of the hosts I've met in person and gotten to know over the course of host coaching.

If I have a show w/someone I have never met and nobody I know knows them, I used to bring my hubby or my dad around. Last month I brought a taser...so I don't need to bring them anymore - LOL
Kristen -I forgot to call you back this afternoon, I am sorry!! I am home tonight - call me!

Yeah, I was starting to feel snubbed!:cry:

Wow!!! I could have used the taser a time or two!!!! Irritating hostess sometimes!!

That Carolyn sure is one crazy chick. LOL!!!

I still leave the Mapquest and show info in a place where my husband knows about it. Uh, mu hosts are great and all, but just in case, he has my travel route and host's info.

Not that I worry, though. If you are uncomfortable doing shows like that, don't take bookings at booths.

Yikes.. I went to meet a girla nd her friend to talk about the business. I had an ad in the paper and they responded to it. The house was nasty.. stinky and had flies everywhere.. They would buzz your nose.. One was married and her hubby was home. He kept coming out of the bedroom and acting weird and was very nervous.. I promptly left and said we would talk more soon and to look over the info. A few days later a couple was arrested on that same street for murder...(No address given) the guy looked the same and the wife looked the same...as well as you could tell on TV. The couple arrested also had kids as this couple did. I tried many times to call the girl.. But the phone was disconnected. I was curious.. I guess I will never know for sure but it was spooky. I leave clear information with someone if I ever go meet someone again.. and I insist we meet at a public place for everyone's safety.

gingertannery said:
Yikes.. I went to meet a girla nd her friend to talk about the business. I had an ad in the paper and they responded to it. The house was nasty.. stinky and had flies everywhere.. They would buzz your nose.. One was married and her hubby was home. He kept coming out of the bedroom and acting weird and was very nervous.. I promptly left and said we would talk more soon and to look over the info. A few days later a couple was arrested on that same street for murder...(No address given) the guy looked the same and the wife looked the same...as well as you could tell on TV. The couple arrested also had kids as this couple did. I tried many times to call the girl.. But the phone was disconnected. I was curious.. I guess I will never know for sure but it was spooky. I leave clear information with someone if I ever go meet someone again.. and I insist we meet at a public place for everyone's safety.
I think your one mistake was meeting them at their house. If you don't know someone, you should first meet them at a neutral location. Then you can sit and talk with them.

I agree.. I guess since there were two.. I felt it would be ok. I have not made that same mistake again.

gingertannery said:

Yikes!!!!:eek:

1. What are the recommended safety precautions for using Pampered Chef products?

It is important to always read and follow the instructions provided with each product. Additionally, never leave products unattended while in use, and always use oven mitts or gloves when handling hot items. For electrical products, make sure to unplug them when not in use and avoid using extension cords. Finally, keep all products out of reach of children.

2. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use in the dishwasher?

Most Pampered Chef products are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the individual product instructions to make sure. Some delicate items may need to be hand washed to prevent damage.

3. Can I use metal utensils with Pampered Chef non-stick cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with non-stick cookware as it can damage the surface. Instead, use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to avoid scratching the non-stick coating.

4. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, most Pampered Chef products are safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to follow the instructions for each product as some may not be suitable for microwave use.

5. What should I do if a Pampered Chef product breaks or becomes damaged?

If a product becomes damaged, discontinue use immediately and contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance. Do not attempt to repair or use a damaged product as it may pose a safety risk.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LaLa
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Christine Hughes