• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Send Something to Local Churches: Is it Rude to Ask for a Bulletin Listing?

In summary, you can ask for a bulletin listing from multiple churches by contacting the church office or person in charge of bulletin announcements. It is best to limit your requests to a few churches that you have a personal connection with or that align with your values. You can include a promotional flyer or business card with your bulletin listing, but be sure to follow the guidelines and preferences of each church. Most churches do not expect compensation for bulletin listings, but offering a small donation or purchasing ad space is a nice gesture. You can request a bulletin listing for multiple events or products, but be considerate of the church's space and time constraints.
renee.see
I want to send something - a mailing - out to the local churches. What should I send?

Also, is it rude to ask them to list my upcoming Open House in the bulletins?

renee.see said:
I want to send something - a mailing - out to the local churches. What should I send?

Also, is it rude to ask them to list my upcoming Open House in the bulletins?
I am a church secretary and we would NEVER put that kind of ad in the bulletin. Some churches use an ad service and people pay to advertise. You could do that for sure!

BethCooks4U said:
I am a church secretary and we would NEVER put that kind of ad in the bulletin. Some churches use an ad service and people pay to advertise. You could do that for sure!

I second that :)

If I weren't a memer of the church I wouldn't ask.
Teresa

Any ideas on what I could send? Fundraising information? Anything else?

renee.see said:
Any ideas on what I could send? Fundraising information? Anything else?
You need to contact the individual groups directly, not the secretary or church office. Talk to the youth leader, the day care, people like that.

Look online or call and get the names of the people who run various programs. As Beth mentioned, preschool, day care, youth groups, etc. Then send fundraising info TO THEIR ATTENTION.

Follow up with a personal phone call a week or so later.

That's the only way you can get their attention and get anything out of it.

You may have better luck contacting church preschools for fundraising as well as other smaller private schools. My experience has been that larger public schools are harder to get in with.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Send Something to Local Churches: Is it Rude to Ask for a Bulletin Listing?

1. Can I ask for a bulletin listing from multiple churches?

Yes, you can ask for a listing from multiple churches. However, it is important to be respectful of their time and resources. Consider limiting your requests to a few churches that you have a personal connection with or that align with your values.

2. How do I request a bulletin listing?

You can request a bulletin listing by contacting the church office or the person in charge of bulletin announcements. It is best to send a polite and professional email or letter explaining your request and providing any necessary information, such as your company name and contact information.

3. Is it appropriate to include a promotional flyer or business card with my bulletin listing?

It is generally acceptable to include a promotional flyer or business card with your bulletin listing. However, it is important to follow the guidelines and preferences of each church. Some may have restrictions on advertising, so be sure to ask for permission before including any additional materials.

4. Do I need to offer any compensation for a bulletin listing?

Most churches do not expect compensation for bulletin listings. However, it is a nice gesture to offer a small donation to the church or to purchase ad space in their bulletin. This shows appreciation for their support and helps to cover the cost of printing and distributing the bulletin.

5. Can I request a bulletin listing for multiple events or products?

Yes, you can request a bulletin listing for multiple events or products. However, it is important to be considerate of the church's space and time constraints. Make sure to space out your requests and only include relevant and important information in each listing to avoid overwhelming the bulletin.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• debbieskitchenhelper
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • koima
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • AlowayFamily