• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reaching Out to Old Classmates & Club Members - Is it Rude?

In summary, it is perfectly acceptable to reach out to old classmates and club members, even if you were not close. It is not considered rude to do so after a long time, as people often lose touch due to busy schedules or distance. When reaching out, it is best to send a friendly message or email without any pressure or expectations. It is okay to reach out without a specific reason, as it can be a great opportunity to reconnect and potentially collaborate. To avoid coming across as rude or intrusive, maintain a friendly and casual tone, respect boundaries, and be mindful of their response.
Thinker
Gold Member
I just got my hands on a college reunion list which has classmates addresses and telephone numbers. I talked to most of them in over 10 years. I not even sure they would remember who I am. I also have a list of a club I'm in. I have only met a handful of the people in the club but I was also thinking about calling the ones in my area, too.

Would it be bad or rude of me to call these people and introduce myself and my business and try to get bookings?

I would say go for it! What do you have to lose? You might even reconnect with an old friend :)

This happened to me also in a similar sort of way.
I added all of them to my email list. Some of them I have been able to refresh freindships, others have requested to be removed, some have ordered.
I didn't recieve any negative feedback, so I say go for it.

Thank you for the responses and encouragement!!! I'm going for it. I will start my calling today.

Hi there! I understand your excitement about getting your hands on a college reunion list and a club member list. It's always great to reconnect with old friends and fellow club members. I don't think it would be rude to reach out to them and introduce yourself and your business. In fact, it could be a great opportunity for you to catch up and potentially book some parties or events. Just be sure to approach it in a friendly and genuine manner, rather than just trying to make a sale. Best of luck!

1. Can I reach out to old classmates and club members even if we were not close?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to reach out to old classmates and club members even if you were not close. It is a great way to reconnect and catch up with each other.

2. Is it considered rude to reach out to old classmates or club members after a long time?

No, it is not considered rude to reach out to old classmates or club members after a long time. People often lose touch due to busy schedules or distance, so reaching out is a great way to reconnect and stay in touch.

3. How should I approach reaching out to old classmates and club members?

You can approach reaching out to old classmates and club members by sending a friendly message or email. Let them know that you were thinking about them and would love to catch up. Keep the tone casual and avoid any pressure or expectations.

4. What if I don't have any specific reason to reach out to old classmates or club members?

It is okay to reach out to old classmates and club members without a specific reason. Simply let them know that you were thinking about them and would love to catch up. It can also be a great opportunity to reconnect and see if there are any shared interests or potential collaborations.

5. How do I avoid coming across as rude or intrusive when reaching out to old classmates or club members?

To avoid coming across as rude or intrusive, make sure to keep the tone friendly and casual. Respect their boundaries and avoid any pressure or expectations. Also, be mindful of their response and if they seem hesitant or uninterested, respect their decision and do not push further.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Bren706