• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Send Military Care Packages to Support Our Troops - Get Involved Today!

In summary, people are interested in sending care packages to the military. My husband is currently deployed and is willing to accept packages at his address and then he will pass them along to those who need the items. If you are interested please let me know.
JaimeQ
It has been brought up in another thread that there are people who are interested in sending care packages to the military. My DH is currently deployed and is willing to accept packages at his address and then he will pass them along to those who need the items. If you are interested please let me know.

I know when my DH was over in Iraq he loved any sort of coffee!! Ships well, and all the soldiers said he "had the best care packages".

I also sent home made food & baked goods, and I think they was well recepted too!

I have been emailing him to see what people need and the first email said magazines... hygiene products stuff like that... then I got this one Hey I found out that there are injured people here at the hospital, they are from the all the different branches. They usually come here with nothing at all, they are taking donations of any kind, they really need clothes. If you could tell people that want to send stuff this, it would be greatly appriciated. They also need hygine products.

Any kind, underwear, socks, any kind of shirts or pants shorts. Anything will help

* bump *

Jaime,

I love this!! Are you getting many responses? My husband is also deployed right now and will disperse packages too!! I have already sent a ton of stuff, it's getting there really fast!! Coffee was one of the first things he asked for! He said the stuff they have tastes like it's been drained through dirty underwear! :yuck: :yuck: He got spoiled on this German coffee, I think!

I sent a huge box of goodies, apparently he was the most popular guy in the camp that day! The guys were fighting over his stuff. I am trying to send a box every week to keep them well fed and in good spirits. Would you like me to send a box to your hubby when I send out to mine? If anyone would like to send stuff, my husband and his group would appreciate it too!!!

stephanieboyd said:
Jaime,

I love this!! Are you getting many responses? My husband is also deployed right now and will disperse packages too!! I have already sent a ton of stuff, it's getting there really fast!! Coffee was one of the first things he asked for! He said the stuff they have tastes like it's been drained through dirty underwear! :yuck: :yuck: He got spoiled on this German coffee, I think!

I sent a huge box of goodies, apparently he was the most popular guy in the camp that day! The guys were fighting over his stuff. I am trying to send a box every week to keep them well fed and in good spirits. Would you like me to send a box to your hubby when I send out to mine? If anyone would like to send stuff, my husband and his group would appreciate it too!!!

I have had a few responses. Where is your hubby? If you would like to send a box to my hubby that would be great:)

What other kinds of stuff do you include in the care packages??

Some of the guys my hubby asked about what they would like to get... Magazines...hygiene products, and snacks...

GoodiesWe had a military brother in Christ who we sent special things to including...

Personal letters of encouragement
Christian magazines
Christian books
homemade cookies
hard candy
pictures
microfiber towels
quikut knives
candied nuts

among other things I just can't think of right now. He loved it and so did his buddies.

Debbie :D

THanks for sharing:) My hubby keeps hinting that he wants cookies and what not:p

I haven't sent any cookies yet because it was 118 in Qatar yesterday. I will send that kind of thing in a month or two when it cools down to the 90's. I have been sending coffee, of course, and lots of crackers and snacky type foods. There are so many good flavored crackers out right now. My husband loves the Townhouse Toppers and the flavored Wheat Thins. If you have ever been stationed on the east coast you will get this..I sent them Tasty Kakes too!! That was a huge hit although the heat got to some of these. My folks will send him hot sauce this week in their package. Oh, and probably some real kettle corn too!!

My husband is in Comm, so I sent the most recent Tiger Direct catalog and some other 'junk' catalogs that he gets in the mail for reading. I just didn't want it cluttering up my table so I threw it in the box. Some of the kids at local elementary schools will be writing letters too, so I will toss those in to be dispersed amongst the camp. The guys love those letters from the kids!! I have read a few, and they are hilarious!! My son isn't old enough for that yet, but we will send pictures of the baby instead. I will toss in some twix-its this time too.

I can't send too much. My husband's quarters consist of a 10x10 room with a roommate!! I don't want to overload the room with junk. Is any of this helping for ideas?

stephanieboyd said:
I haven't sent any cookies yet because it was 118 in Qatar yesterday. I will send that kind of thing in a month or two when it cools down to the 90's. I have been sending coffee, of course, and lots of crackers and snacky type foods. There are so many good flavored crackers out right now. My husband loves the Townhouse Toppers and the flavored Wheat Thins. If you have ever been stationed on the east coast you will get this..I sent them Tasty Kakes too!! That was a huge hit although the heat got to some of these. My folks will send him hot sauce this week in their package. Oh, and probably some real kettle corn too!!

My husband is in Comm, so I sent the most recent Tiger Direct catalog and some other 'junk' catalogs that he gets in the mail for reading. I just didn't want it cluttering up my table so I threw it in the box. Some of the kids at local elementary schools will be writing letters too, so I will toss those in to be dispersed amongst the camp. The guys love those letters from the kids!! I have read a few, and they are hilarious!! My son isn't old enough for that yet, but we will send pictures of the baby instead. I will toss in some twix-its this time too.

I can't send too much. My husband's quarters consist of a 10x10 room with a roommate!! I don't want to overload the room with junk. Is any of this helping for ideas?

My hubby is in Qatar, and works Comm!! maybe by chance they work togother:)

Stop it!!! Really???? OMG!! That's crazy!! What a small world!! PM me his name/info so I can ask my husband tomorrow.

stephanieboyd said:
Stop it!!! Really???? OMG!! That's crazy!! What a small world!! PM me his name/info so I can ask my husband tomorrow.
Yep really. He was been there 3 weeks. How long has your's been there?

We're doing "Treasures for Troops" at work. Three consecutive months we are gathering supplies etc. and sending them to family members of those who work for our paper mill (we actually make paper for the PC Catalog, quite cool!). There is a reference to a website which is a comprehensive list of things to send. http://www.operationmilitarypride.org

Thank you for the link;)

THat's the same site I posted in another thread... this one takes you right to the part about the items.. http://www.operationmilitarypride.org/packages.html

stephanieboyd said:
If you have ever been stationed on the east coast you will get this..I sent them Tasty Kakes too!! That was a huge hit although the heat got to some of these.

Not to hijack but when I was in the AF I didn't get deployed anywhere but I was stationed in Las Vegas so whenever I would come home on leave I would take some Tasty Kakes back with me. I live in Central PA and they are very easy to get here. My mom used to send some to my brother and I both when we were in the military when she would send us our Birthday Party.:D

JaimeQ said:
THat's the same site I posted in another thread... this one takes you right to the part about the items.. http://www.operationmilitarypride.org/packages.html
Thanks for posting the link here.

***bump***

Related to Send Military Care Packages to Support Our Troops - Get Involved Today!

1. What items are typically included in a military care package?

Some common items to include in a military care package are personal care items (toothpaste, deodorant, etc.), non-perishable snacks, books or magazines, and handwritten letters or cards. It's also a good idea to check with the specific branch of the military for any specific regulations or requests.

2. Can I send a care package to a specific soldier?

Yes, you can send a care package to a specific soldier as long as you have their full name and military address. Keep in mind that there may be restrictions on what can be sent to certain areas, so it's best to check with the military branch or base beforehand.

3. How much does it cost to send a military care package?

The cost of sending a military care package will vary depending on the size, weight, and destination. It's recommended to keep the package under 13 ounces to qualify for cheaper postage rates. You can also look into organizations that offer discounted or free shipping for military care packages.

4. Are there any items that should not be included in a military care package?

Yes, there are some items that should not be included in a military care package, such as alcohol, weapons, and perishable items. It's also important to avoid sending items that may be culturally insensitive or offensive.

5. Are there any organizations that can help me send a military care package?

Yes, there are many organizations that specialize in sending care packages to the military. Some examples include Operation Gratitude, Soldiers' Angels, and Any Soldier. These organizations may have specific guidelines and recommendations for sending care packages, so it's best to check with them before sending your package.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
RebelChef
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
ange13