• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Superior Stoneware: Tips and Tricks to Boost Sales and Bookings

In summary, guests were discussing the benefits and uses of stoneware, including traditional information such as it being lead-free and made in the US. They also shared unique ways to promote stoneware, such as passing out a broken piece to demonstrate how the surface gets seasoned and showcasing even cooking by comparing cookies baked on a regular sheet pan versus a stone. Many guests raved about using stoneware for cooking bacon and making a variety of dishes, and the speaker mentioned asking guests to share their favorite stoneware and dishes made on it to sell the product more effectively. Several guests also shared their top recommendation for a must-have stoneware piece, such as the large bar pan for its versatility and practicality. Overall, guests emphasized
missyciccolella
Since the guest special in Jan is so amazing:D ...I've been wondering what and how everyone talks about stoneware. I know the traditional info (lead free, made in the US, superior baking, etc) but was curious if anyone is trying something a little different or anything new to boost sales and bookings. Anyone willing to share?

I have a small broken piece of my <snif, snif> very seasoned bar pan that broke about 2 years ago. I show it because you can see very clearly that only the SURFACE gets seasoned...there is NO OIL that seeps into the stone, therefore showing how it can not harbor bacteria.

What about overbaking a cookie on normal sheet pan (bottom burnt) and overbaking one on a stone (bottom same color as top) to show the even cooking characteristic?

I always ask the audience: Who here owns a stone? and go from there...let them tell why they like it, what their favorite stone is, what they love to make on it!

How about passing out A Day in the Life of a Barpan? or the 30 Ways in 30 Days flyers?

HTH

I like the passing the broken stone - I've never heard of that. I feel I do a good job selling stones (or letting the guests sell it for me). The lg bar pan is in my top 10 list as I love it!
...just seeing if anyone has something really different they do (like passing the broken stone) or anything they see the audience say "AAHHH, I must buy one" over.

Just looking to improve and possibly change things up bit.

So many guests have no idea you can make cookies on the stones! They make pizza on the flat round ones, and that's about it. I always ask if people have stones and what they cook on them. It works great.

whenever I tell them they can cook a pound of bacon at once without it splattering all over the kitchen I get a lot of ahhh's.

krley said:
whenever I tell them they can cook a pound of bacon at once without it splattering all over the kitchen I get a lot of ahhh's.
...and it's really quite impressive how the bacon doesn't curl up when done on a stone - it stays nice and flat!

I love to have the guests sell the stones. I ask who has stoneware; then I ask them to tell what they love about it. Then I just add things that they didn't say.

lacychef said:
I love to have the guests sell the stones. I ask who has stoneware; then I ask them to tell what they love about it. Then I just add things that they didn't say.
Exactly! I have one guest who's been at several of my shows, and she just RAVES about the stones every time I bring it out. The last show she attended, I sold 5 of the large round stone with handles, and 3 of the wicker baskets to go with it! :eek: I told her I want to bring her to every show with me....actually, I'm trying to recruit her, but that's another story. ;)But yes, I love having the guests tell why they like the stone. I think, to the other guests, it seems more "credible" because the guest isn't trying to "sell" it to them, like they perceive I am.

We live in a very low-income area so guests often get just one or two items at each show. Therefore I've been asked, "If I can only get one stone, which is the best." It's great when other guests chime in--everyone has a different opinion. My last suggestion was the large bar pan because I could make my homemade pizzas on it, my cookies, chicken nuggest, biscuits and yet it's different from the others because it has sides on it so that I even make my brownies in it. So if you wanted to throw that in--"Many people ask which stone to start with if you can only buy one right now, any suggestions?" And just see what other guests say. That's where they really begin talking about what all they've cooked on their stoneware with each different stone and it gets the taste buds into the conversation, too. :D Before long, everyone feels like they need to have every piece. LOL

I tell everyone that the large bar pan is a must. If they want one, this is the most pratical and gets the most use as my house (it's my most seasoned stone). I mention "The Day in a Life of a Bar Pan" type recipes.

1. How do I properly season my stoneware?

To season your stoneware, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, rinse the stoneware with warm water and dry it thoroughly. Next, rub a thin layer of vegetable oil or shortening over the entire surface of the stoneware, including the handles. Place the stoneware in the oven for one hour, then turn off the heat and let it cool completely before removing it from the oven. Your stoneware is now seasoned and ready for use.

2. Can I use my stoneware in the microwave?

No, stoneware should not be used in the microwave. The high heat can cause the stoneware to crack or break. It is best to use stoneware in the oven or on the stovetop.

3. How do I clean my stoneware?

After use, allow your stoneware to cool completely before cleaning. Rinse it with warm water and use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any food residue. Avoid using soap or harsh detergents, as they can damage the stoneware's seasoning. If necessary, you can use a small amount of baking soda or a non-abrasive cleaner. Rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.

4. Can I use metal utensils on stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as they can scratch or damage the surface. Instead, use wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils to prevent any potential damage.

5. How do I prevent my stoneware from sticking?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly season your stoneware before use. You can also use a light coating of non-stick cooking spray or oil before cooking. Additionally, avoid using metal utensils or cutting directly on the stoneware's surface, as this can cause it to stick. Finally, make sure to preheat the stoneware in the oven before adding your food to ensure even heat distribution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies
Views
Brandi2007
  • Rhonskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies